Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Wait that would have been yesterdays poo poo at this point. They're all a mess really, it starts blurring together. I'll keep better records moving forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Oh Don Piano posted:

Wait that would have been yesterdays poo poo at this point. They're all a mess really, it starts blurring together. I'll keep better records moving forward.

Doing the lord's work.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Oh Don Piano posted:

The poo poo I just took very splatteringly aligns with your reaction to what I've done

You bowlsprayed the image of Jesus and didn't immediately sell that toilet on ebay?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
>be me
>sofuckinghungover.txt
>go to 7-11 for oil drum sized mtn dew health potion
>mfw nobody in there, epic win for quick mission
>mfw guy teleports in from loving nowhere with 5 children to buy 100 items
>also buys and redeems 20 different lotto products
>mfw aging in line, hair falling out, collecting social security, aarp, die of old age

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

drink your entire gallon dewy and refill it to assert dominance

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

Quiktrip egg rolls are pretty decent.
I'm not a SUPER big fan of their other hot sandwiches.

I do love their ham and potato soup though, which I've talked up in another thread. I will get that anytime I'm looking for something. Hell I'll get that over 'regular' fast food or canned soup from the store. I love that poo poo with a little hot sauce.

Ahem. Kwik Trip.

You should know this. I'm really disappointed.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
QuikTrip is a thing in the middle and western half of the states.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Rick posted:

QuikTrip is a thing in the middle and western half of the states.

they're in wisconsin, just leave them be

----------------

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Both QuikTrip (also branded as QT) and KwikTrip are a thing. Slight edge to KwikTrip on account of their breakfast options.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's definitely KT here not Q.
I done hosed up (or my phone did and I never noticed)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:boom: bitches.

Also, I like gas station chili cheese dogs and chili cheese nachos.

----------------

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I take it you're all fans of Qum & Go?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ate a 7-11 cheeseburger type product the other day it was pretty good

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The 7-11 grill is 3 items if you buy 2 and they only have 3 grill items at that location so I tried them all.

Definitely not Quik Trip quality.

Buffalo thing was mediocre.

Steak taquito was a little better.

Chicken one was good. Some arcane food science made it taste like there was fresh chicken in there.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
With EV Cars phasing in all gas stations worth their salt are gonna be upping their food and roller game for feeding folks while they charge up.

What a truly blessed time to live in.

----------------

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
7-Eleven taquitos are a classic newbie trap. All that's there is heartburn and regret.

Go for the quarter pounder Big Bite hot dogs, especially the Polish kielbasa or the Bahama Mama German sausage if they have them.

I have no idea what the name "Bahama Mama" has to do with anything close to a German sausage, but it's tasty as heck.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Stewart’s breakfast sandwiches are always kind of damp but somehow still the best option for gas station breakfasts near me. Really the only option if I’m on the road before Dunks opens.

----------------

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I spent eight years working slaving in the despair mines of Allsup's, a Texas/New Mexico chain famous for being one of the first to have 24/7 hot food.

The "Famous beef burrito" was a pretty standard beef and bean fried burrito, but the Allsup's taco sauce made all the difference. Worth it when they were $0.99 and B1G1F in the summer. Still just as good today, but not $2.19 good, if you catch my drift. The Chimichanga was better, more expensive but filled with shredded beef and cheese and green chiles.

The real secret was in the mexiburgers, tamales and hot pockets. Mexiburgers were a precooked microwave beef patty, wrapped in a tortilla with cheese and Ro-tel. Great hangover food. The tamales were as close to homemade as you can get for factory-produced, and the hot pocket was a hot pocket but goddamn if they're not loving excellent when deep-fried. Also every store had a box of fuckoff huge catfish fillets and would cook them to order.

The chain got bought by Yesway and is now a shell of it's formor glory horror.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

rndmnmbr posted:

I spent eight years working slaving in the despair mines of Allsup's, a Texas/New Mexico chain famous for being one of the first to have 24/7 hot food.

The "Famous beef burrito" was a pretty standard beef and bean fried burrito, but the Allsup's taco sauce made all the difference. Worth it when they were $0.99 and B1G1F in the summer. Still just as good today, but not $2.19 good, if you catch my drift. The Chimichanga was better, more expensive but filled with shredded beef and cheese and green chiles.

The real secret was in the mexiburgers, tamales and hot pockets. Mexiburgers were a precooked microwave beef patty, wrapped in a tortilla with cheese and Ro-tel. Great hangover food. The tamales were as close to homemade as you can get for factory-produced, and the hot pocket was a hot pocket but goddamn if they're not loving excellent when deep-fried. Also every store had a box of fuckoff huge catfish fillets and would cook them to order.

A good Allsup's was a welcome respite on drives across west Texas; Stripes is superior these days.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've had 3 more of those KT egg rolls in the last week, it's like 'drat' I can't stop eatin' those suckers. If you guys have KwikTrips by you, pick them up, they own bones.

----------------

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
I had a breakfast egg and bacon croissant from caseys a couple days ago, it wasn't hot coming out of the case so i drove to work and nuked it for a bit and it was surprisingly good. Way better quality than the holiday or speedway equivalent egg mcmuffin where sometimes the muffin can be hard as hell. Def going to swivel over to the caseys side for a good breakfast sandwich at a good price ( i dont remember how much it cost) and a coffee for the upcoming cold mornings when i need a good meal to get my day started and it tastes good

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!

Derpies posted:

With EV Cars phasing in all gas stations worth their salt are gonna be upping their food and roller game for feeding folks while they charge up.

What a truly blessed time to live in.

You are truly a visionary. Which stocks do I buy to get rich off of these roller grill items?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dr Intergalactic posted:

You are truly a visionary. Which stocks do I buy to get rich off of these roller grill items?
Ruiz Foods makes Tornadoes

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 25, 2021

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Beef Of Ages posted:

A good Allsup's was a welcome respite on drives across west Texas; Stripes is superior these days.

Stripes is good if it has a Laredo Taco Company food case. I will loving demolish a couple of carne guisada or carnitas bravas burritos. Shame the one closest to me only sells the tacos during the lunch rush.

If you ever find yourself in Amarillo... well first off, your sins must be great that God set such a punishment upon you. But second, find a Toot 'n Totum and get their BBQ brisket sandwich. Cheap and goddamn overflowing with meat like a BBQ sandwich should. The one out on 45th & Soncy is the most reliable one to have them.

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe
7-11 Breakfast empanadas are better than they have any right to be.

Also the new computer espresso machines fucken rule

Sevs4lyfe

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
I like the Traveller style pies, its a good shape.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I’m going to assume the ‘4-20’ thing is intentional.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Torquemada posted:

I’m going to assume the ‘4-20’ thing is intentional.

Sing a song of sixpence
a pocket full of rye
Four and twenty blackbirds
baked into a pie

caw caw :smugbird:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

rndmnmbr posted:

I think you are the one who identified successfully where I went when I visited New Mexico and was talking about a fast food place I tried in one of these threads. Or maybe the Arizona/New Mexico thread. I am glad I got to try it before they changed ownership.

There is a Conoco in Clifton that does the food thing with pretty similar fare but they stop at 6:00 which I found out the hard way when I skipped picking up food before that assuming I would be able to stop there before Apache-Sitgraves. There is no hot food anywhere between there and Alpine after 6:00 and I ain’t stopping there.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Boss asked me to run to the nearby gas station to grab him a soda and one of their warm pretzels, told me to grab something for myself too.

The nachos and cheese spoke to me. I haven't gotten gas station nachos in at least a decade.

They're as perfectly disgusting as I hoped.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Chief McHeath posted:

Boss asked me to run to the nearby gas station to grab him a soda and one of their warm pretzels, told me to grab something for myself too.

The nachos and cheese spoke to me. I haven't gotten gas station nachos in at least a decade.

They're as perfectly disgusting as I hoped.

It happened again but this time I added "chili" as well. Probably gonna poo poo real bad later today and/or tomorrow.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Chief McHeath posted:

It happened again but this time I added "chili" as well. Probably gonna poo poo real bad later today and/or tomorrow.

I love their awful tube cheese and tube chili.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I was stuck at a circle K for two hours in Safford Arizona so I tried several different hot food items and I am going to say that Circle K is pretty bad. I wish they had the pizza to try but a new/renovated Circle K only has the full compliment of food and a working shake machine for one week after opening.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
consuming my body weight in Buffalo Chicken Tornado Cheezers and inverting my whole colon in order to leave a statue of myself made out of diahhreha.

crimes

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

consuming my body weight in Buffalo Chicken Tornado Cheezers and inverting my whole colon in order to leave a statue of myself made out of diahhreha.

This is the prophet that was spoken of. Witness his sacrifice!

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

what trade mag is this? I made a whole thread for this kind of thing at 1 point

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I've decided there are very few things sadder than a renovated or brand new Circle K that is absolute trash less than six months after opening. These giant stores full of broken machines are filthy even by me, a filthy person's standards, and nearly all the space is wasted.

No one will ever man that pizza station again. No self-serve shakes will be mixed. No self-serve vegan smoothies will be poured. That roller grill will only have two hot dogs that were left over from the previous store in the location. Everything is sticky.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Aardvark! posted:

what trade mag is this? I made a whole thread for this kind of thing at 1 point

I got it on the official Tornados website. Maybe they distributed them to their convenience store customers.

I found a great magazine called "Convenience Store News & Petroleum" though. There's a similar Tornados ad in the January 2021 (page 13)

All of the issues are free and searchable, but the search doesn't work very well: https://www.cspdailynews.com/csp-magazine

edit: I found a couple more:

mlnhd fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

They're counting on us.