Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Vegan beef jerky

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I went through two bins of those costco sour strawberry belts when I played through SotN for the first time and now every time I eat one I immediately get flashbacks to the game.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Specifically making little gradius orbs with the shield rod's back forward attack.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sour Skittles.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I stop my gaming to eat three square meals a day.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
three square meals a day lowers your combo score, you need to mix in a few triangle, circle, or cross meals

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I game in a big bed with my snacks.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*quietly sweeping the allied biscuits into the trash while my friends are arguing over smash brothers*

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

just lol at this noob not even doing intermittent fasting, way to eat like my goddamn grandparents lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oh, come on! He's obviously going to use the charge attack! Give me the controller, Luann!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I get so incredibly jealous of all the coffee gaming posts, but my kitchen doesn't have a good place for a machine. Maybe when I move.

Do you have any machine recommendations?

If you have a kettle just get a little pourover device like a Hario v60 -- personally I think the aesthetic is worth spending $20 on glass or ceramic because it looks really nice, but the plastic ones do the same job and cost like $7. You put it on top of your mug, put a filter and grounds in it, and pour water on top and that's it. There are some techniques you can master if you're into it but it's very easy to make a nice cup

edit: My preferred gaming snack of late is Marcona Almonds -- the "Emperor's Almond". Nutritious, filling, tasty, and mess-free.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I get so incredibly jealous of all the coffee gaming posts, but my kitchen doesn't have a good place for a machine. Maybe when I move.

Do you have any machine recommendations?

Why do you need a machine? Get a French press.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Bowl of rice with the little seaweed sheets aaaaaaand I eat it with chopsticks

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
Unsalted mixed nuts and dried fruit pieces, no mess and peak gamer performance

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Why do you need a machine? Get a French press.

this. the only thing i can get myself to consume before suppertime is four cups of coffee and having a french press is necessary.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I hope they patented the amazing "Tear N Tilt" technology to let me eat like a barnyard animal and keep flavor dust off my keyboard

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the pic of one of the larrys with the big birthday cake on a small desk

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dongicus posted:

the pic of one of the larrys with the big birthday cake on a small desk

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lmao. With the little notice in the corner of the screen saying you've temporarily been banned from queuing for ragequitting too many ranked matches

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Lmao. With the little notice in the corner of the screen saying you've temporarily been banned from queuing for ragequitting too many ranked matches

Lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Art

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

goferchan posted:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

lol

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

goferchan posted:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

tired: trail mix, fruit snacks, chips
wired: an entire lemon cake

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

tired: trail mix, fruit snacks, chips
wired: an entire lemon cake
With a second, smaller cake for dessert.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

American McGay posted:

With a second, smaller cake for dessert.

You have to have a main character and a pocket for special encounters.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Spicy veggie chips, especially the Harvest Snap green bean chips.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
jellybeans, the best candy. doesn't get your fingers and hands all gross.

(gamer tangent: easter is the underrated choice for candy holidays, specifically because of all of the different candy companies that put out jellybeans that are better than their regular candy (e.g., starburst, jolly rancher, sweettarts, etc). i've taken the liberty of drawing up a tier list of jellybeans for your reference:

S-Tier: the creme de la creme. never fails to disappoint.
- Jolly Rancher [Seasonal] [pre-2021]*
- SweetTarts [Seasonal]

A-Tier: you won't complain if you get a bag of these.
- Jelly Belly Assorted Sours
- Starburst (Original Flavors)

B-Tier: these jelly beans are simply okay. may lead to selective eating of 'beans in some cases.
- Jolly Rancher [Seasonal] [2021]*
- Starburst FaveReds [Seasonal]
- Starburst Jumbo [Seasonal]
- Jelly Belly assorted flavor packs (too hot and cold to rise to greatness - highs are reasonably high (sour cherry, green apple, juicy pear) but the lows are very, very low (buttered popcorn, Dr PepperŪ, french vanilla))

F-Tier: bad. they will go stale at the bottom of the easter basket before you would consider eating them. sadly, this is the entry point for most people into the 'bean life, leading many to consider the candy inferior.
- brach's
- most store brands, sadly. (for whatever reason, the creation of a superior 'bean seems to require the care and attention of a true artisan)
- jelly belly bertie botts every flavor beans (just embarrassing).
- jelly belly BeanBoozled (we deserve better. this gimmick was done better by AirHeads in the late 90s. no f*cking thanks.)

*for some reason, jolly rancher jellybeans simply taste different in 2021. this phenomenon has been documented by numerous 'bean enthusiasts. they are much sweeter and less tart, leading some to theorize that their supply chain was forced to change as a result of COVID-19. in this writer's humble opinion, the change is NOT for the better.)

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

sleater-cummy posted:

i've taken the liberty of drawing up a tier list of jellybeans for your reference

thanks

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
S-Tier
Ketchup - Summons the blob and also turns him into a brick wall. The fact that he won't eat it proves the blob isn't a vile Canadian
Coconut - Lets you roll the Blob across screens and essentially beat everything without really trying.

A-Tier
Strawberry - It's a bridge, it gets the job done. Fun to whistle while you're on top of it and watch the Boy fall to his death
Tangerine - Same deal. Make a trampoline and bounce super high until the Boy breaks his neck on a stalagtite

B-Tier
Apple - I think you literally only need the jack in one place, but it's funny because of cereal and you get to say "jack"
Cinnamon - The blowtorch lets you burn spider-webs, can't really kill anything else though. Still, essential if you want all the treasure.
Cola - Lets you go underwater and changes the music slightly, which helps because the game has 2 songs

F-Tier
Honey - A hummingbird that doesn't even loving do anything.
Lime - Makes the key that gets you in the final screen. Just exists to make sure you don't skip the first 90% of the game

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I'm partial to Cashews of Chaos

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

sleater-cummy posted:

never fails to disappoint
hehe

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

goferchan posted:

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
* chili rub jerky.
* pork scratchings
* snyders jalapeņo pretzel pieces
* old fashioned
* coffee negroni
* fried eggs on toast if i get the munchys