Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
always swap the fries for onion rings at BK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Relax Or DIE posted:

Only a sith deals in absolutes

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Had the new revamped spicy crispy chicken yesterday and it was very good. Way better than McDonalds’ take. Lots of crunch, although I got it without the spicy sauce. I’m a traditionalist on my fried chicken sandos: pickles only.

https://i.imgur.com/xuXBTA4.mp4

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
I tried the jalapeno cheese bites and they were pretty good. coulda used some more heat but for fast food was pretty decent.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Fastball LIVE in concert posted:

I tried the jalapeno cheese bites and they were pretty good. coulda used some more heat but for fast food was pretty decent.

Smash them on the top of a chicken sandwich with some onion rings and you're in business.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Had the new revamped spicy crispy chicken yesterday and it was very good. Way better than McDonalds’ take. Lots of crunch, although I got it without the spicy sauce. I’m a traditionalist on my fried chicken sandos: pickles only.

inspired by this post and now back in the office but being too stupid to do my meal prep this week, i went and got one of these bad boys today. overall it was pretty good, but i wouldnt call it spicy, like not at all, and im not one of those scoville scale obsesses "pepperheads" as they say in the biz.

now on the other hand, someone else said to sub in onion rings at the king... i didnt even know that was an option and i gotta say, the rings were bomb as gently caress. they were small type rings the likes of which i've never seen, and def some kind of science food-like project kuz they were almost all exactly uniform... which i dont really understand how that can work with onion rings. i wager the onions themselves are prob pulped or something and then machine formed into rings. very strange but also very good.

thank you

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Relax Or DIE posted:

the only time i had bk onion rings was right before i attended a sleepover at another kid's birthday party and had mad shits in the middle of the night in his basement and i couldn't find a light switch. also there was no door to the basement toilet. he had a chihuahua that had no hind legs but could walk around with one of those dog wheelchairs

about a year later i heard that he and another dude that was at the party 69'd each other (not that night, but another time)

thats my bk onion rings story

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Zippy the Bummer posted:

the only time i had bk onion rings was right before i attended a sleepover at another kid's birthday party and had mad shits in the middle of the night in his basement and i couldn't find a light switch. also there was no door to the basement toilet. he had a chihuahua that had no hind legs but could walk around with one of those dog wheelchairs

about a year later i heard that he and another dude that was at the party 69'd each other (not that night, but another time)

thats my bk onion rings story

cool

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just lol if you’ve never shared an order of onion rings by putting them on each other’s dicks and going to town.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Just lol if you’ve never shared an order of onion rings by putting them on each other’s dicks and going to town.

We've been balancing french fries all these years :negative:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

We've been balancing french fries all these years :negative:

You're supposed to use a french fry as a sound together then pull a Lady and the Tramp

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pro starcraft loser posted:

You're supposed to use a french fry as a sound together then pull a Lady and the Tramp

aaaa

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

thats gross dude

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

do you dip in ketchup first, or...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

extra salt

----------------

sisterSyzygy
Sep 5, 2013

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.
gotta enjoy the coke of cola free's tyle machine. i love the taste of that raspberry coke.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

wtf lmao

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Tried the new spicy chicken sando and it was pretty good. Still not up to popeye's, but a serviceable menu item

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

I mean, that's what I order every time, but there's only about a 70% chance that's what I get.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i just ordered burger king because i'm high as hell. you've all been there.

delivery was only 1 dollar? so i tipped 5 bucks... and i was able to apply a coupon that said "makelmore SUPPORT" and it took off 3 dollars from my order? did i just use a coupon for people that need food delivery assistance?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I think I posted this in the last BK thread but I won't let The Man keep me down.

The old stackers they had ~15 years ago were the top tier of burgers, with just the best burger sauce ever. They reintroduced stackers a couple years ago and now the sauce is BULLSHIT.

And then they recently got rid of the zesty sauce for dipping onion rings!

Someone at bk corporate is getting rid of all the good sauce, and I won't stand for it.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Lots of stores have the Zesty sauce back, there was some kind of shortage in the supply chain last year. I want to say horseradish?

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Rahu posted:

I think I posted this in the last BK thread but I won't let The Man keep me down.

The old stackers they had ~15 years ago were the top tier of burgers, with just the best burger sauce ever. They reintroduced stackers a couple years ago and now the sauce is BULLSHIT.

And then they recently got rid of the zesty sauce for dipping onion rings!

Someone at bk corporate is getting rid of all the good sauce, and I won't stand for it.

oh yeah, I remember stacker. that was a good one!

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The moon of Burger King is rising. I haven’t had it in a year plus because my partner hates it, but I have told her she can get her own dinner. Five Guys is definitively better than BK and snatched the best burger title from the whopper, but I want that definitive greasy wretched BK taste.

I’m thinking a Bacon King, add pickles and mustard to make a large version of their basic bacon cheeseburger. Onion rings. Got the zesty sauce in a bottle here already. Chocolate oreo shake obv.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Anonymous Robot posted:

The moon of Burger King is rising. I haven’t had it in a year plus because my partner hates it, but I have told her she can get her own dinner. Five Guys is definitively better than BK and snatched the best burger title from the whopper, but I want that definitive greasy wretched BK taste.

I’m thinking a Bacon King, add pickles and mustard to make a large version of their basic bacon cheeseburger. Onion rings. Got the zesty sauce in a bottle here already. Chocolate oreo shake obv.

5 guys is fast casual and not fast food. it costs a million times more and takes 20x as long. not comparable. gas.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Smythe posted:

5 guys is fast casual and not fast food. it costs a million times more and takes 20x as long. not comparable. gas.

A double whopper with cheese costs $8.19 and the same burger at Five Guys costs $9.24

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Anonymous Robot posted:

A double whopper with cheese costs $8.19 and the same burger at Five Guys costs $9.24

$6.69 (nice) vs $11.25 (fail) unless a 5 guys cheeseburger is a double by default in which case $9.15 (still fail)

also i'd get one normal whopper over one lovely rear end overpriced 5 guys burger every time

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Anonymous Robot posted:

jesus christ. i see im "showing my whole rear end" yet again... shameful. thank you for the knowledge.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

double whopper is yet again $3 on the app. it rules, best burger coupon out there right now

gotta say i'm getting sick of the onion style. unwrapping a burg with extra onions is like sawing open a golf ball. either switch to diced or just give me an entire drat cross-section a quarter-inch thick

----------------

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

WEH posted:

$6.69 (nice) vs $11.25 (fail) unless a 5 guys cheeseburger is a double by default in which case $9.15 (still fail)

also i'd get one normal whopper over one lovely rear end overpriced 5 guys burger every time

5 Guys burgs are doubles by default

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

The age of the whoper is over! The age of the king has begun! Long live the king!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Been getting Chicken Fries because of coupons in the mail. Regular Whoper is still the best thing they have. Add some mustard on there for extra kick.

Also their dessert menu is bad.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i like to get a frozen coke

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
why is the new chicken sandwich $6 by itself

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
went to the king today for lunch. first thing is their app, the deals they got aint good. the bogo+1 is alright but itll run you 8+ real american greenbacks. ok edit. i just opened the app to see the fail deals and now there are epic as gently caress deals. holy poo poo :wtf: this is a mind gently caress. thwy are offering a $3 double whopper rn. JESUS CHRIST. ok so the deals vary it turns out. this morning the deals were VERY fail and i didn't want to be a Big Spender for lunch so i got a "double cheeseburger" for 2 and change and a value onny ring for 2 and change. overall pretty good. i also wanted to keep lunch below 500 calories and i think this was pretty drat close.

another thing is the chicken fries. these are often in the pick 1 get 1 deal. you think hmm pretty good. but then you have to buy actual fries (or rings) for full freight, which is a scam.

WITCHCRAFT posted:

bk chicken sandos are premium mega bux bro. dunno why but it pisses me off, frankly.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

WITCHCRAFT posted:

It’s good

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Maybe it's good but I never get BK because "its good" but more so because "its an ok deal, close, and convenient". Spending almost twice as much for the current trend of "hey Popeyes made an okay chicken sandwich so let's jump on that bandwagon" but probably not as good isn't going to convince me to give it a shot for the buck.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
few days ago i got a whoper and small fry. don't know why everyone always bags on the bk fries, i found them delicious

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I agree. They changed them quite a few years ago and I think they're much better than they were. I'm not a huge fry fan anyway though so I could take it or leave it.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I like BK but in my city they never seem to be in any convenient part of town. They're never in the same area as all the other fast food and restaurants, they're a few miles down the road, across the train tracks, and hidden behind a dirty Office Max or something.

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c