Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it's the perfect gift for people who dont know what the broil setting on their oven does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Maybe if you got your own air fryer you'd feel differently about it. Ever since I got mine everything has been crisp, golden, and healthy - because there's no cholesterol in the air.😂

lol but seriously though it's great. It can fry anything from chicken to potatoes. Give it a try. I mean, you wouldn't want people to think you're anti-air frying would you? You know they make human sized ones.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it's the perfect gift for people who dont know what the broil setting on their oven does

You need a fan in addition to the broiler

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Maybe if you got your own air fryer you'd feel differently about it. Ever since I got mine everything has been crisp, golden, and healthy - because there's no cholesterol in the air.😂

lol but seriously though it's great. It can fry anything from chicken to potatoes. Give it a try. I mean, you wouldn't want people to think you're anti-air frying would you? You know they make human sized ones.

Oh come on man now who’s gonna eat a whole fried human? I bet you would get through a bicep and a light desert and have to loosen your belt. :jerkbag:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
wait until they find out about rice cookers

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Oh come on man now who’s gonna eat a whole fried human? I bet you would get through a bicep and a light desert and have to loosen your belt. :jerkbag:

Who's going to eat a whole pizza? They still make ovens big enough to fit a whole one in it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
big ovens, big life

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

OP what is your problem with fan technology?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Air fryers burn the air, increasing the user's risk of lung cancer.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Meme Poker Party posted:

big ovens, big life

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

They are good because you can ovenize something without preheating it first.

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

Man I wish so much I had an air fryer. Having said that I'm not sure heating up the air any more is a good idea what with global warming, shouldn't we be trying to cool.it down?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I have two air fryers one for the tendies and one for the tots

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I just point two powerful hair dryers at the tendies

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I deep fry my dick and balls every day please don't blow hot air up my rear end

Connormgs
Sep 27, 2014
hey op my mom has an air frier and it can make some good food but the fries last time we had burgers weren't quite crispy enough

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I love some good homemade fried air

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I bought an air fryer because everyone told me they make amazing wings. I followed the directions to the letter and they were garbage. Returned that fucker the same day.

Last month I visited my parents and my mom gave me her old air fryer. I insisted I didn't want it, but she refused to take no for an answer. It's so fuckin huge I didn't know where to put it. My wife put it away somewhere and I have no clue where. I have no desire to use it at all.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I bet this chump didn't even read the manual or take a 3 day air fryer crash course

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

But I do like my air fryer it's like a microwave for crispy food.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Jose Oquendo posted:

I bought an air fryer because everyone told me they make amazing wings. I followed the directions to the letter and they were garbage. Returned that fucker the same day.

Last month I visited my parents and my mom gave me her old air fryer. I insisted I didn't want it, but she refused to take no for an answer. It's so fuckin huge I didn't know where to put it. My wife put it away somewhere and I have no clue where. I have no desire to use it at all.

Now you have to have your own kid to give away garbage to, it's the only way to be rid of it for sure

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Jose Oquendo posted:

:regd04: sorry you are so less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age that you couldnt figure out how to do wings correctly :regd04:

you put a single layer in the basket with enough space that none of them are touching for 12 minutes at 360 degrees fahrenheit (about 180 celsius) then you flip them all over and do it again for another 12 minutes

HTH

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Yeah lmao if your wings were bad it's probably cause you piled an entire bag into the basket

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

*surrounds a box of frozen precooked wings with halogen lamps like a caveman*

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I too was skeptical but we got a little one and it’s great for reheating formerly fried items like egg rolls or fries. Wings come out baller too. It doesn’t even take up counter space because I just keep it on top of the fridge when it’s not being used.

I have also compared it with the convection setting on my toaster oven and the air fryer is way better and faster. If you’ve got extra small appliance money get an air fryer, that’s what I tell people every chance I get. It’s kind of my thing, they call me the air fryer guy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, they're fine if you wanna do small items quickly. But my countertop convection oven rules for making ribs and chicken etc...

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

It’s kind of my thing, they call me the air fryer guy.

Rosa can you and air fryer guy watch our children until around 5:15. They asked about watching "the flying dinosaur movie" again, maybe you or air fryer guy can remember what that means? Is that a dragon?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Nooner posted:

:regd04: sorry you are so less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age that you couldnt figure out how to do wings correctly :regd04:

you put a single layer in the basket with enough space that none of them are touching for 12 minutes at 360 degrees fahrenheit (about 180 celsius) then you flip them all over and do it again for another 12 minutes

HTH

:regd07: sorry you can't read and missed the part where I said I followed the directions exactly. :regd07:

No need to be an ableist rear end in a top hat.

HTH

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

down1nit posted:

Rosa can you and air fryer guy watch our children until around 5:15. They asked about watching "the flying dinosaur movie" again, maybe you or air fryer guy can remember what that means? Is that a dragon?

Do you have an air fryer? If not, have you considered getting one ?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Do you have an air fryer? If not, have you considered getting one ?

I remember when I did my two year air fryer mission in uzbekistan.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jose Oquendo posted:

:regd07: sorry you can't read and missed the part where I said I followed the directions exactly. :regd07:

No need to be an ableist rear end in a top hat.

HTH

You had bad directions or bad chicken or a bad air fryer

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I turned my garage into a giant air fryer

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
Some friends of mine gave me one and at first I had no idea what to do with it, but honestly it does a great job with roasting up vegetables. The regular oven does fine too of course but it takes less time and it doesn't heat up the whole kitchen.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
My only complaint about my air fryer is it is too small. I wish I bought one of the 400 dollar stainless steel boxy ones that does basically everything

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

500excf type r posted:

My only complaint about my air fryer is it is too small. I wish I bought one of the 400 dollar stainless steel boxy ones that does basically everything

No need to spend $400!

https://www.target.com/p/gourmia-digital-stainless-steel-toaster-oven-air-fryer-8211-silver/-/A-80137212

I got this one a few weeks ago and it is just as good as $400 ones.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I like my bear frier

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Used my air frier too much until all the air in my house was used up and i died

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I think Amazon sent me the wrong product, it's a hair frier. I've burnt every hair I got but the steak is still not even 170F, send hairy help

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Colonel Cancer posted:

I think Amazon sent me the wrong product, it's a hair frier. I've burnt every hair I got but the steak is still not even 170F, send hairy help

Strange 'cause the Hair Friar that I got just won't shut up and stop struggling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

500excf type r posted:

Yeah that’s the way I feel too. Your average air fryer is pretty small even just for two people if you want some wings and fries or something you definitely have to do two batches and if you’re talking 3-4 people forget about it