Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the space suits look cool lol. haters begone :sweep:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Pawn 17 posted:

Do these actually serve any function? Like would those astronauts be just as well off in tshirts and jeans?

The rain boots provide pumping action, reclaiming the water from the poo pouch and redirecting other waste into a catch pocket from which the wearer can drink via a straw.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
WELLIES KEEPS THA MUD OFF YOU FEETIES, INNIT?!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
lol I just had a mental image of Musk dying and Die Antword stepping up to run Tesla and Spacex

Sidenote: Does Elon Musk consider himself African-American?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

These helmets also look like balldos. Is Jerry just an Elon alt?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Dollar Store Knock off Daft Punk

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wasn't this dude indicted for tax fraud or something.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Linux Pirate posted:

Chiming in to say Elon still looks dumb as gently caress.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

Sidenote: Does Elon Musk consider himself African-American?

Lol you know he does

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
haha all like "as an African-American business owner I strongly" bla bla bla

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
looks like we're getting a launch and hopefully a big explosion soon

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

1980s power suit shoulder pads

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Still standing after successful soft landing, there's a fire at the base though.
No giant explosion yet.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Looks like there's no boom to be had. Still, it did catch on fire after landing so that's... a problem.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Where's fire, there's booms :pray:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Yeah they need to fix the whole "fuel tank catches fire upon loading" issue.
Fire's been put out now.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Very ugly looking, orange-y exhaust on ascent. A near-sunset optical illusion or slightly fuel-rich exhaust? Interesting.

Also, lol if roasting it's own butt for 3 minutes after landing is by design. If not, the fire hoses seem laughably inadequate.

BlueWedge
Apr 20, 2021

by sebmojo
holy poo poo you can probe mods?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm disappointed in goons mocking those space suits.

They look better than the NASA marshmellow man poo poo with nozzles and poop buckets hanging all over it. "Oh look at me I can't move my arms and I have garden hoses coming out of my rear end wow" gimme a break NASA. *makes huge jackoff motion in my ultra flexible MuskSuit*

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

I'm disappointed in goons mocking those space suits.

They look better than the NASA marshmellow man poo poo with nozzles and poop buckets hanging all over it. "Oh look at me I can't move my arms and I have garden hoses coming out of my rear end wow" gimme a break NASA. *makes huge jackoff motion in my ultra flexible MuskSuit*

:wrong:

Wearing a musksuit will defiantly get you a swirly from an alien for looking like such a huge astro-dweeb. It's like the astronaut equivalent of wearing those weird toe-shoes.

Did elon's space dildo explode yet?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

free hubcaps posted:

lol that doesnt even show the dumberst part, the rain boots

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Linux Pirate posted:

:wrong:

Wearing a musksuit will defiantly get you a swirly from an alien for looking like such a huge astro-dweeb. It's like the astronaut equivalent of wearing those weird toe-shoes.

Did elon's space dildo explode yet?

It went up and landed in one piece op.
It still caught fire lol.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Pawn 17 posted:

Do these actually serve any function? Like would those astronauts be just as well off in tshirts and jeans?

If life support or comms fails in the capsule, they keep the astronauts alive via an umbilical to backup life support and comms systems in the seats. Before this astronauts traditionally had to wear an entire custom built EVA-capable autonomous spacecraft during launch to serve those same backup functions, so these are a poo poo ton more practical. Personally I think they're pretty rad.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Roumba posted:

Very ugly looking, orange-y exhaust on ascent. A near-sunset optical illusion or slightly fuel-rich exhaust? Interesting.

Also, lol if roasting it's own butt for 3 minutes after landing is by design. If not, the fire hoses seem laughably inadequate.

fuckin lol this was the first one you've watched

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Prettz posted:

fuckin lol this was the first one you've watched

2nd, sort of. I missed the very beginning of whatever one landed really hard and then flew again a few minutes later in fiery fashion. (#10?)

But yeah lol that I never noticed it before. I guess most cameras are tight in on the thing not showing the trail.

Roumba fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 6, 2021

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The spacesuits look rad as hell imo. I also like most of the style of Tesla vehicles.

At the same time however, I would gladly watch or help shove Elon's head into a toilet and flush it.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chinatown posted:

The spacesuits look rad as hell imo. I also like most of the style of Tesla vehicles.

At the same time however, I would gladly watch or help shove Elon's head into a toilet and flush it.

I think they should blast him into space. into the dark part

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

scabie shark

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Chinatown posted:

Oh yeah he a dumboy for sure but he has a ton of Very Smart goodboys working for him to harass and steal credit from who achieve amazing things that I like very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Chinatown posted:

lmbo