Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
lol gently caress the police
*casually tosses drugs out the window*
"I NEED TO TAKE A poo poo!!!" - The Driver
Goku Getaway Driver
View Results

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

What's the point in getting away, anyway? They have your plate, aren't they just going to arrest you at your house later? Or is that when you claim the car was stolen or something?

Maybe the car was stolen and that's why the chase started. In that case they probably got away clean although the cops will work a lot harder on that stolen car case because they'll be all bitchy someone got away from them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

What's the point in getting away, anyway? They have your plate, aren't they just going to arrest you at your house later? Or is that when you claim the car was stolen or something?

the car didnt have plates

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
one of the things i hate most about pigs here is that they can never ever let anything go unless its a crime theyre too dumb to solve. if they ask to see your id and you ignore them and walk away, they would rather shoot you in the back then let their demands go unanswered, if they pull you over to steal your money for driving 6 mph over the limit they would rather jeopardize hundreds of motorists lives chasing you as far as they can where they will presumably shoot you...in the back. can't let anything slide. bunch of loving animals. i hate them so much

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

kntfkr posted:

the car didnt have plates

One weird trick

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Stolen car, stolen plates, no plates. Plenty of options!

And often, even letting the police catch you later is the better choice. Gives them a chance to ditch the drugs, guns, and / or sober up.

Like sure they might go to jail for running from the police, but now they are not getting busted and having 6 figures worth of drugs confiscated and getting 20+ years.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Stolen car, stolen plates, no plates. Plenty of options!

And often, even letting the police catch you later is the better choice. Gives them a chance to ditch the drugs, guns, and / or sober up.

Like sure they might go to jail for running from the police, but now they are not getting busted and having 6 figures worth of drugs confiscated and getting 20+ years.

the cops can still charge you with any number of things when/if they catch you

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

I wish they were more specific about how he eluded the cops under an overpass. Did he dump his car and leave on foot or somehow just get away from all of them? Most overpasses you can't go under them longways, you just pass through not a ton of opportunity to fool anyone, you either come out one side or the other. Maybe this one was different, there are some like that

Watch the video. The car just drives under the bridge and comes out the other side but for some reason both the police helicopter and news chopper thought it wasn't the car and it just kept driving!

I don't understand how thats possible lol.

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 25, 2021

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
100% this guy is on the force now.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Phy posted:

LIVE
LA POLICE CHASE
LOVE

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Chinatown posted:

Watch the video. The car just drives under the bridge and comes out the other side but for some reason both the police helicopter and news chopper thought it wasn't the car and it just kept driving!

the helicopters couldn't follow them into the restricted airspace around the airport but the news doesn't want to tell people this one crazy trick that helps you escape the police

they should though, I'd stay tuned if they teased that before the commercial break

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Chinatown posted:

lol that's loving hilarious

Tip posted:

the helicopters couldn't follow them into the restricted airspace around the airport but the news doesn't want to tell people this one crazy trick that helps you escape the police

they should though, I'd stay tuned if they teased that before the commercial break

Is it verified that that's what happened? Seemed like he had actually passed by LAX when this occurred but I could be wrong, hell the protected air space could extend in any direction I suppose

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Play posted:

Is it verified that that's what happened? Seemed like he had actually passed by LAX when this occurred but I could be wrong, hell the protected air space could extend in any direction I suppose

it's not verified because they're never gonna verify such a thing, but that's my wholly uneducated guess

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sjs00 posted:

the cops can still charge you with any number of things when/if they catch you

Yea of course... But if they find drugs and/or guns in your vehicle after a chase, you will get royally hosed, like decades in prison. The people that escape have a chance to get rid of / stash that poo poo somewhere and only get somewhat hosed when they get caught.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Play posted:

At one point they did mention the helicopter would have to pull back if the guy drove too close to the airport.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea of course... But if they find drugs and/or guns in your vehicle after a chase, you will get royally hosed, like decades in prison. The people that escape have a chance to get rid of / stash that poo poo somewhere and only get somewhat hosed when they get caught.

right unless they plant some poo poo is what I am saying.
get hosed pigs

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Guy drove really well tbh. Put himself in a situation where only the helicopters were able to keep tabs on him, no ground forces were nearby, then took care of them too.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Play posted:

Guy drove really well tbh. Put himself in a situation where only the helicopters were able to keep tabs on him, no ground forces were nearby, then took care of them too.

The clip I watched the helicopter crew was commenting how hard it was to keep up.

This guy deserves an achievement.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The person manning the helicopter camera was dumb as hell. There were multiple overpasses where the guy paused underneath and didn't immediately come out the other side, and each time the camera just stayed focused and zoomed in on the side he was expected to emerge from. Look at 1:50. Dude could have just pulled a U-turn there and casually driven out the other side (which I'm guessing is what he eventually did at the end of the video). Restricted airspace wasn't even necessary.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Aren't the popo using gps tracking devices they shoot at cars these days?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
a friendly reminder that the majority of crimes go unsolved.

police are as much security theater as the TSA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

also gently caress you op for making me choose betweetn gently caress the police and i poo poo my pants and goku