Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

USA Bing is an underrated name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Great Mosendo needs a tag partner cause I want to see him go at Zion Lion.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Vince MechMahon posted:

Will Hobbs gets suspended and the next week a giant dude in a mask shows up calling himself Will Mascaras.
:hmmyes:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Strong Bone

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

here's a pic of the crew showing off sponsorship gear

From left, Nigerian pro wrestlers Mighty Man, Eagle De Great Nail, Zion Lion, Alexandra The Queen, Mr. Sharpman and Flying Danko

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mighty Man rocking the fanny pack. Truly a student of the game right there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Olu came through with another killer interview: https://www.wrestlemap.com/news/vr8xn02jt1cfh7tfe2lfa67iw3js0q

Interview of a great Nigerian superstar, Conquer Mixture

Jul 9
Written By Olusesan Olukoya
Emeka Obidinma Kenton, Director of Sports at Anambra State

Tell us your name and background in pro wrestling.

My name is Emeka Obidinma Kenton and I have my ring name as a pro wrestling talent as Superstar Conquer Mixture. I started pro wrestling at the age of twenty years old at Minna, Niger state in the year 1989. I became a pro wrestling talent because I wanted to be like Dick the Bulldog Brower from North America who came to Nigeria to wrestle in the 1980s. I sincerely love him.

Who trained you and who were your contemporaries when you joined pro wrestling?

I was trained by the Former World Light Heavyweight Champion and title holder “Golden Boy” Morris Atula who is now retired but not tired. He is still actively involved in amateur and professional wrestling activities. In fact, he is the president of the Pro Wrestling world Federation based in London, UK.

Did you ever win a title and if yes, what title?

I didn’t win any title but was rated African number four then. The way it was at the inception when we started, you must pass through the right channel which I did by going through Nigerian Wrestling Board of Control (NWBofC). The then secretary, Engineer Oliver Nwosu, got African pro wrestling title campaign fight for me with Mr. Handy Salami of Monrovia as my manager. I travelled to meet with them in Liberia. Lebanese promoters were available then, coordinating African wrestling from Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa, etc.

What were your wrestling club experiences if you had any sincere there were many clubs then?

My wrestling club experience was complete exposure to the sport because I met different kind of people from different cultures and various parts of the world. Honestly it was so interesting as we enjoyed the sport then to the fullest.

Emeka during one of his trips abroad

Are you fulfilled as a wrestler? If yes what has been your accomplishments and if no what is lacking?

I am really fulfilled. Yes I can say that with genuineness of mind. I am what I am today through the foundation pro wrestling gave me. I am completely made by wrestling in life. All I have today is from God but through wrestling.

Which were your major fights that you can never forget easily? At where and when?

My major fight was against Yasser el Saleh of Egypt when we were left to real wrestle. Strength to strength wrestling and that is where you can separate boys from men. That is where you will know pro wrestling is very difficult and not stage managed especially when a title is at stake.

You started in the sport of pro wrestling in the early 80s and that is over four decades ago. Has the game improved from what it used to be and if yes, highlight what you have seen as great changes.

To the best of my own knowledge, the game has not improved here in Nigeria and other African nations as it should be because there are no promoters, experienced managers, no good arenas, no good purse for the wrestlers and no good adverts for shows etc.

Emeka with his athletes after winning a championship

You trained athletes before becoming a director of sports at Anambra state. Share your experiences with your readers here.

It is not easy to be a coach and even a successful one for that matter. I didn’t start from Anambra State. I started from Enugu State where I met a lot of abundant talent waiting to go through the game of wrestling. As you are aware, to impact knowledge into someone else is very difficult but I have to do my best. I trained the first Nigerian female wrestler that won the first amateur wrestling gold medal at the Commonwealth Games held in India 2010. I have also been privileged to train some African champions including an Olympian and I have given a lot of them employment opportunities from where they are earning a living through the game of wrestling.

What are your future plans on your career as a builder of talents and sports administrator in promoting the sport at the grassroots?

My future plan is to have a wrestling academy where a lot of people will have the privilege to become a wrestler.

Wrestling originated in Africa. Practicing the sport professionally in the western world is awesome compared to where it originated. What are the ways to measure up with the international world of pro wrestling?

The only way we can measure up with other international bodies is by getting corporate bodies coming into the game for sponsorship, constant promotions locally and internationally, exchange of wrestlers with foreign alliances, good money for the wrestlers after fights and If I may say this, having a particular wrestling television station that televises only wrestling activities and events.

As a former superstar in the heavyweight category, where do you see African pro wrestling in the next five years?

African wrestling in the next five years? That is a nice one. It will spread from 40% to 80%. Let all the old time talents come together and map out a way forward strategy towards the development of the game. No one else will do it for us.

Any advice for the upcoming talents into the sport?

My advice to the upcoming ones is to endeavor to train hard. No pain no gain as the saying goes. They also have to compete abroad, among the toughest in the sport where things are happening so as to be fulfilled and not only ending up in Nigeria so that they will gain and benefit from it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The King of Asaba has spoken:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Roo4ORlnsWQ

learn to wrestle instead of doing crimes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The fine folks over at Wrestlemaps put up the NPWF's National Security Peace and Unity show in the most complete they could

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKOT3h4ptNc

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

coconono posted:

hell yeah Nigeria wrestling is back baby

Mighty Progress is my hero

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
New major event next weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq1QMnffI4&hd=1