Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Anime titties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
All the stupid poo poo I read on this site that you nincompoops reference and I'm in the dark about, therefore I Google, and regret later for months to come.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

All the stupid poo poo I read on this site that you nincompoops reference and I'm in the dark about, therefore I Google, and regret later for months to come.

Yo check out Glazing

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my favorite is when you buy the product and then for the next week instagram tries to sell you that same product you just bought!!!!

like you idiot google why would i need two 12 inch rear end blaster extreme replica wilt chamberlain dildos??? ive only got one rear end.

GuestBob
Nov 27, 2005

Electronic payment solutions for German SMEs and thermostatic taps.

I am not a German plumber.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
I get updates about every step season 3 of The Orville is at. Right now, it just finished filming.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

my favorite is when you buy the product and then for the next week instagram tries to sell you that same product you just bought!!!!

like you idiot google why would i need two 12 inch rear end blaster extreme replica wilt chamberlain dildos??? ive only got one rear end.

How deep is that one rear end though

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

American Pickers here too. I was wondering what the gently caress I did to make my phone think that I wanted to see this multiple times per day.

If others are being hit with this then it must be an advertisement campaign.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
boo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VboOfyEH7WM

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I don't know why my phone thinks I care about celebrity sex status.

Melissa Glooston seen with ex Kevin Doofty. What?

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 11, 2021

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

poverty goat posted:

google news keeps picking articles about skyrim for me recently

Ack. Ya know what, me too. I forgot to add that to my post. I haven't searched for anything related to it in like 9 years.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Vegetarian cooking, archelogy, and speculation about Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5.

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
Doom, and not the video game.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lately it's less showing me stuff I never cared about and more fixating on a subset of my interests and showing me articles on the same events or whatever for weeks on end.

It also gives me a lot of articles that are on a subject I like but not something I care about. Like, at the same time it will tell me about a metal band I like releasing a new album, and also an article that's James Hetfield's top ten favorite condiments. Only options on either are "hide this article" and "I don't care about heavy metal."

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i don't even have a phone :smug:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I turned off the discover feed since it usually gave me crap. Turned it back on and I could sorta explain everything except these two:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Deeters posted:

I turned off the discover feed since it usually gave me crap. Turned it back on and I could sorta explain everything except these two:

I got both of those.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Coffee, booze, things that people are shocked to have just discovered in Skyrim.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

FB marketplace algos are aggressively funny. i searched for a few free toilets people left on the street cause i was bored and now i get recommended toilets

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I block all ads, and if I see an advertisement or 'creative', I just start getting really mad until my body forgets about it.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Coffee, booze, things that people are shocked to have just discovered in Skyrim.

I hear he's actually a vampire he drops vampire dust. I got the same one.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

5 years ago I changed the voice on my phone to be Australian because I thought it was funny

I changed it back but my phone is still convinced I'm Australian and constantly gives me local news from Australia

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

down1nit posted:

I hear he's actually a vampire he drops vampire dust. I got the same one.

I heard there's dragons in Skyrim.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

poverty goat posted:

google news keeps picking articles about skyrim for me recently

I had to stop using Google news from a signed-in window because the targeted items were so annoying and won't go away no matter how much you say 'less like this'.

One example was Mike Tyson, ok I watched some Tyson fights on youtube because he was the champ. That doesnt mean I want to see stories in google news every time Tyson says anything or anyone says anything about him.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Tip posted:

5 years ago I changed the voice on my phone to be Australian because I thought it was funny

I changed it back but my phone is still convinced I'm Australian and constantly gives me local news from Australia

Oh cool gonna try this thanks

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
Pope Francis and Subaru Crosstreks

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
A few years ago when my buddy was planning to propose to his now wife, he was stressing out about the ring and what size/quality diamond to get. I didn't know anything about diamonds so I googled around just out of curiosity to see what various carat sizes usually go for. From that point on, for about a solid year, google was 100% convinced that I was getting married and would not stop showing me diamond rings and general wedding poo poo.

Yeah google, this person who uses your browser to view hentai pretty much every goddamn day of his life searched for "diamond ring" one time so that means he's obviously getting married and not just searching for something that momentarily piqued his interested before returning to jacking off to cartoons.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

dr.acula posted:

Yo check out Glazing

Thanks I hate it

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMCpug-6zGc

Peshlevkconsensus
Aug 7, 2021
(possibly nonexistent) drama involving character actors from insurance commercials I've never seen.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Is this thing on?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Sports, all the sports. I hate sports and keep telling to stop but it takes that as "oh I see you like sports, here have more!".

Same. I don't know how to make it stop. I can only say I am not interested in articles from ESPN so many times.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Cum. Because I am obsessed with cum.

edit: I get advertisements for cum. Banner ads for cum. Cum interstitials.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Random Stranger posted:

I don't get anything pushed to me like that. You make me feel like my phone just doesn't like me.

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010
Oh god, I'm a transcriptionist so pretty much assured that because of various work searches I'm on some watchlists, and the algorithm thinks I care WAY too much about the Gulf War, babies, and investing. In reality though I'm a pacifist dog mom who's too poor for investments.

Oh yarn. But that's actually spot on.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
All my Google ads are just so goatse, so good work algorithm.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Earwax removal videos
Conor McGregor (I’m Irish but McGregor is a dickhead and I’ve never googled him for any reason)
Bitcoin
How I’ll be shocked at just how badly child actors have aged

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cute animals, chillwave music and old radio shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrRlFZSBrJQ

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Have you heard of Firesign Theatre?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

numberoneposter posted:

Seriously. Every time I buy a one off o-ring, bearing, a bolt by part number, it's ads for the same poo poo for weeks. It's like I don't click or show interest enough normally, so when I do it's like poo poo HES BUYING SOMETHING GET HIM!