Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
the gently caress is this poo poo
pity reply
IMGAY
G O K U
View Results

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

goku gokuuu fight me with honor and pride gokuuuuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I'm training to gently caress, doesn't mean it's gonna happen

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

goku is dead, i saw the halo over his head myself

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bad Purchase posted:

goku is dead, i saw the halo over his head myself

He got better

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

who killed him though, maybe it was the guy in the op? maybe the crazy son of a gun really did it??

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The American People have demanded to know who Gako and His Fat Gay Baby are!!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The bottom of his shirt says "off".

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I swear DragonballZ was one of the laziest cartoons I've ever seen. One minute of animation at the start of an episode, then 6 stills of the good guy and bad guy fighting with a shaky cam on the stills and yelling, switching back and forth for the next 20 minutes and then one minute of animation at the end. That poo poo was pathetic.

Am I just late to the joke and everyone else realized how bad it was decades ago?

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Internetjack posted:

I swear DragonballZ was one of the laziest cartoons I've ever seen. One minute of animation at the start of an episode, then 6 stills of the good guy and bad guy fighting with a shaky cam on the stills and yelling, switching back and forth for the next 20 minutes and then one minute of animation at the end. That poo poo was pathetic.

Am I just late to the joke and everyone else realized how bad it was decades ago?

yes, in fact you're so late, they re-released it about 10 years ago and trimmed down a bunch of the stuff you're whining about.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

hell astro course posted:

yes, in fact you're so late, they re-released it about 10 years ago and trimmed down a bunch of the stuff you're whining about.

So they actually animated their cartoon?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

im gorku

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Internetjack posted:

So they actually animated their cartoon?

yeah man. they even added extra songs in stuff... but really you could just learn japanese and read the tankobons like a normal person.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

read the tankobons like a normal person.

I'm not sure what this means, but I imagine it is far from most people's idea of "normal". I mean, feel free to enjoy the show, glad to hear it's more enjoyable and all that. The handful of episodes I saw were amazingly stupid though. So, uh, glad to know I'm in on the joke now. I guess.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't care for DBZ

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Internetjack posted:

I'm not sure what this means, but I imagine it is far from most people's idea of "normal". I mean, feel free to enjoy the show, glad to hear it's more enjoyable and all that. The handful of episodes I saw were amazingly stupid though. So, uh, glad to know I'm in on the joke now. I guess.

it's for little kids, but many of those little kids are fully grown adults because it is a media property from 35 years ago, still it's for little kids so maybe that is why you're having some trouble.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

AHH F/UGH posted:

Looks like he should be training to skin cancer if those moles on the side of his face have anything to say about it

that's just mean, you meanie

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
I saw it about 25 years ago, while out of town for work and killing a couple beers and time each night for a week. I thought I'd watch it to see what it was all about for fun, and was amazingly underwhelmed. I fault no one for enjoying a show; just took until today for me to realize a lot of the enthusiasm for it was tongue-in-cheek. See the thread title.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

this was like dragonball z xforce or something, right? i remember getting high as a teen and watching it and whining about the same poo poo.

let's watch some people yell a lot at each other.

goku trying to be a normal person was the best parts.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

blight rhino posted:

goku trying to be a normal person was the best parts.

in full agreement with you, friend

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

It had all that filler because they were trying to keep pace with the manga. So couldn't release an episode that advanced the story if the newest issue wasn't out yet.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Anime is dumb, Goku is anime

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Goku

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

your name is a star wars pun, you really gotta think your posts through

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

One nice think about gorku show is there isn't a ton of pedo poo poo in it like most anime I think

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

bein fat would be like training in the gravity chamber, so really i'm actually buff

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

meat police posted:

bein fat would be like training in the gravity chamber, so really i'm actually buff

Similarly, my narrowed arteries just make my heart muscle stronger

I work out every second!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

meat police posted:

I have not found that to be the case.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

The Bloop posted:

I work out every second!

The depressive episode that resulted in the sudden internal splintering of my emotions, whether feeling them directly or through empathy, is actually my origin story. The mood leeches pass you by because they know you're dry, and that's how I was able to get out and find help to save my village from El Murmurador. I didn't expect them to chase me so far, and it had been a full decade since I last used my secret technique, cortando con los vientos del chisme. Sure, I to take no pleasure in my victories, but for the same cause, I don't care about failure. It's all meaningless, so if that son of a bitch wants to spread lies about me then whatever, I don't care, man. I'm the big guy now. I'm the man.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Bloop posted:

I work out every second!

The secret is to get real fat so your heart gets strong but then lose all the weight when you’re about 40 so for the feet of your life your heart barely has to even beat to keep you alive because it’s so burly.

I’m gonna live to 150

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I tried rewatching DBZ and couldn’t get back into it.

I started watching DB Super for the first time and it’s awesome.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'd gently caress a Goku right up.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
gently caress that dude

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I fight dirty as gently caress. I'm loving steppin' on toes and poo poo.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Literally A Person posted:

I fight dirty as gently caress. I'm loving steppin' on toes and poo poo.

You're a crotch puncher aren't you?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Zil posted:

You're a crotch puncher aren't you?

Crotch, eyes, hair. I loving bite.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I have Crotch Eyes Hair Bite tattooed around my left rear end in something asian I think as is traditional when studying the art

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

your name is a star wars pun, you really gotta think your posts through

By raise of hands who here thinks before they post.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Literally A Person posted:

Crotch, eyes, hair. I loving bite.

got some BITE LIFE knuckle tats

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i would also bite goku, but very gently and lovingly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008