Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Name: Ning
HP: 10/10
Might: 1d2 2
Element: Terra
Inspiration(s): 0
Armour: 0
Spells: -

Switching Position to E5

Attack F5 from E5: 1d6 6

Seeing how little damage her target was taking from her Geo spells Ning decided to relocate to face a different opponent with hopefully better resonance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Name: Bodacious O'Radical
Health: 10/10
Might: 1d2 1
Element: Pyra
Location: Uuugh. I dunno. Stick me in the line somewhere, bruh.

Whoa. Totally gnarly hangover, dude. Wait up, what's this heinous wall of suckitude encroaching ever closer? Totally gonna light it up.

Attacking probably an F: 1d6 5

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Name: Bob
Health: 7/10
Might: 2
Element: Aero
Spells: Boost +1

New Spell (Neutral): 1d10 1, Boost +1

Good news, the lantern spirit or whatever was no more. Bad news, it blew up in Bob's face. Well, a win's a win when it comes from the wind, as they say. For now, Bob busies himself with setting up whatever basic-rear end wards he remembers how to do, hopefully making it harder for any of the weird poo poo to slip past and head into the town.

Also, because having a lantern explode in your face loving hurt, and he needed to take a moment to curse about it.

Reinforcing F1 (no roll because I can't fail), increasing its defense to 2.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Name: Ozzy The (Not) Great And (Literally) Terrible
HP: 8/10
Might: 1
Spells: What spells?

Ozzy's confidence (and pleading) proved mistaken as the giggling imp jumped out of the way of the burbling potion just as it sprayed caustic liquid all around.

"Aaaah! I'm MELTING I'm MELTING!" he screamed as the liquid began to tarnish and sizzle through his robes and stung his arms, dancing in spot to shake it off. The imp took the opportunity to scamper up his back and cling to his shoulders, hands held over his eyes, which only drove Ozzy into a greater panic.

"Nooo! I've become BLIND!"

Panickedly running from the path of the potion - devilish laughter in his ears - the wounded technically-apprenticed young man blindly passed several other no-wiz-ces of the arcane arts, fighting their own (not so) epic battles, until he tripped and fell in front of something moving through the magical mists generated by the Arcane Whoopsy. Vision returned, Ozzy blinked at it through teary eyes while the imp cackled and rolled on the ground beside him, then realized that A) he'd moved deeper into the region corrupted by the Whoopsy and B) the thing was moving towards him. And he was still smarting from the horrific (-ally mild and nearly non-toxic) magical potion!

He'd want to lie down for at least a minute to catch his breath!

"Oh gosh, oh fobble! Imp, I command you save meeeee!"

Rolling its eyes, the mischivous critter began to kick at Ozzy's shins, forcing him to his feet, and thus becoming ready (-ier) to face the approaching foe.

Switching Location from E6 to F2!
Attack G2! 1d6 5

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Szymon Flametame

"C'mon, get to the final chapter already! Either teach me a spell or spell off!"

Attacking F9: 1d6 6 That's 11 again; Szymon stands.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Name: Gizzard, the Lizzard Blizzard Wizzard
Element: Hydro
Attack: F4
Attack 1: 1d6 1
---Rolls: 1
-----Total: 1

"Hahaha, it was ice to meet you, but I've really got to skate on to the next place. Got to put the chill on the whoopsy," Gizzard giggled as he unleashed his last spell. The giant maelstrom of ice and snow surrounded the lantern, swirled with the fierceness of an ice tigress... And only caused the flame to flicker a bit.

"Huh. Guess I need to cool off and try again." Gizzard prepared to attack anew by using his tongue to moisten his eyes.

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010

Name: Bluemonty
Health: 8/10
Attacking F7: 1d6 6
Total: 6

Spinning like a top in the water assault, the lantern flings drops of boiling oil over Bluemonty. It stings fiercely. He responds by summoning a bluefin tuna out of thin air and magically chucking it at the light fixture.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Name: Panta Rei
Might:: 1d2 1
Square: The Open One

Panta Rei, Mighty wizard('s familliar) is always ready to serve his academy and his fellow students! Leaping into action, the Axelotl wizard intoned the Six Tones of Purification By Water and did the required movement, a mighty sweep of his (cute, little) wizard's staff. To anyone else, of course, that looks rather like screaming incoherently and trying to bonk the strange water elemental in front of him on its liquid head.

Attack!: 1d6 2

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
The grim news of the Wizards’ death shook the village. Some demises were expected, even… acceptable, in the face of total annihilation. It didn’t make it any easier. The simple folk of the village didn’t want to be sending children, reptiles and dwarves to their deaths, there just wasn’t… anything they could do to help. Or was there?

EXPLORATION - TURN 4 posted:

A - Ozzy rolls 5, bringing their total to 5. Pillar Of Salt rolls 6, bringing their total to 6.
B - Benny rolls 2, bringing their total to 10. Animate Lantern rolls 4, bringing their total to 9. Benny Stands with 10! Animate Lantern Stands with 9! Benny strike for 2 Hydro Damage!

FLANKING posted:

It didn’t matter in this case, but it’s important to know. If you have an ally above, below, left or right of your target, your enemy’s Max Value is reduced by 1 per Flanking ally. If you can surround a guy, it’s easy to get him to Overload!
C - Szymon rolls 5, bringing their total to 11. Flapping Grimoire rolls 5, bringing their total to 9.
Szymon Stands with 11! Flapping Grimoire Stands with 9! Szymon strikes Flapping Grimoire for 3 Pyro Damage and slays it! Spell gained!
D - Ning rolls 6, bringing their total to 6. Pillar Of Salt rolls 3, bringing their total to 3.
F - Gizzard rolls 1, bringing their total to 1. Animate Lantern casts Explosion! Animate Lantern rolls 3, bringing their total to 3.
G - Bob reinforces F1, increasing the value to 2.
I - Jimmy rolls 6, bringing their total to 6. Pillar Of Salt casts Crumble - Jimmy loses 2 HP; Pillar of Salt loses 2 Armour! Pillar Of Salt rolls 4, bringing their total to 4.
Crumble Both sides instantly Lose 1d4 Armour; if no Armour remains lose HP
J - Adila rolls 4, bringing their total to 4. Possessed Potion rolls 2, bringing their total to 2.
K - Bluemonty rolls 6, bringing their total to 6. Animate Lantern rolls 2, bringing their total to 2.
L - Bodacious rolls 5, bringing their total to 5. Flapping Grimoire casts Papercut! Flapping Grimoire rolls 3, bringing their total to 3.
Papercut - Instantly deal 1 Aero Damage to opponent
M - Panta Rei rolls 2, bringing their total to 2. Possessed Potion rolls 1, bringing their total to 1.

THE MONITOREUM posted:

The full Monitoreum can be seen here.
Suddenly, the rift shuddered, ringing like a bell - and then it was all the Wizards could do to hold back the arcane pressure!

OSCILLATION 1 posted:

AH SCARY OH NO posted:

Oh boy! You (some of you) survived until your first Oscillation, where the arcane rift grows unstable and tries to push outwards. It’s done this a few times, but this is the first time you’ve been here to deal with it! So - every enemy tile bordering either a Wizard or a clear tile will roll either 1d6+Might (if revealed) or 1d6+Oscillation Number (if unknown) against an adjacent tile. All Wizards targeted will automatically roll 1d6+Armour+Tile Value in response, while clear tiles will roll 1d6+Tile Value. I’m not going to bother posting all the math every time so just trust me!

If a clear tile loses, it turns - and then the new enemy tile rolls again with a -1 penalty, and keeps doing so until it loses. In a clash between Wizards and their foes, the loser takes half their HP in True Damage! An unknown enemy will be Bruised, starting at half health when revealed! Don’t fret too much if some get through - your goal is defeating the Whoopsy, not cleaning away the taint. And now, without further delay…
1 - G1 attacks Bob - and was rebuffed! G1 is Bruised!
2 - G2 attacks Ozzy - and was rebuffed! Pillar of Salt takes 5 Damage!
3 - F3 attacks Benny - and batters them! Benny takes 5 Damage!
4 - F4 attacks Gizzard - and was rebuffed! Animate Lantern takes 3 Damage!
5 - F5 attacks Ning - and batters them! Ning takes 5 Damage!
6 - F6 attacks Panta Rei - and was rebuffed! Possessed Potion takes 5 Damage!
7 - F7 attacks Bluemonty - and batters them! Bluemonty takes 5 Damage!
8 - F8 attacks Adila - and was rebuffed! Possessed Potion takes 5 Damage!
9 - G9 attacks Szymon - and batters them! Szymon takes 5 Damage!
10 - F10 attacks Bodacious - and was rebuffed! Flapping Grimoire takes 3 Damage and is slain! Spell gained!
11 - F11 attacks Jimmy - and was rebuffed! Pillar of Salt takes 5 Damage!

As soon as it started, the pressure died down, leaving the Wizards exhausted but unbowed. More than that, some of the raw magical power was siphoned off to nestle into their hearts. Faint memories of their time at the Academy, scents and sights in careless jumbles… Words of power.

INSPIRATION posted:

Each Wizards (and now all starting Wizards) gain a random spell - 1d50 on the Wizard Spell list - or regain half your max HP. Additionally, you may vote on how to use your collective Inspiration, if you want to… I mean, you can think about it, but you’re not Inspired enough to do squat! Check the Inspiration tab in the Monitoreum!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 3, 2021

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Spells: Boost +1, Immolate

New Spell: 1d50 28, Immolate

Bob shook his head, trying to clear it of the weird mumbling voices, when he realized he was able to make out some sort of incantation. Then everything was silent again, leaving the small musical wizardling with a new, and exceedingly dangerous, spell. In case he ever wanted to explode again.

gently caress that weird voice or whatever it was, that wasn't funny.

Attacking G1: 1d6 1

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Adila
Element: Terra (Good against Hydro, Bad against Aero)
Spells: Boost +2

Adila bent to the arcane assault, but she didn't break. In fact, she rebuffed the force back onto her foe!

The arcane power surged through her, and she felt it's power rush in!

Random Spell: 1d50 38

Cross-referencing with the Monitorium, that gives Adila the Terra spell Stoneskin.

She would not be harmed. She would become as beautiful and solid as a diamond!

And with that, she turned her attention back to the potion before her.

Second Roll: 1d6 4

Combine with my previous roll, which gives me an 8.

Hmmm... Given enemy behavior, that was not ideal. If she stood, all she could hope for was either a tie or the enemy to Overload. She could pull for more energy, but that had a 33% chance of herself Overloading.

Aha! That neutral energy!

I'm using my Boost +2, which gets me up to 10. After that, I Stand.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Square: E6

Panta Rei felt the power build and roil and laughed uproariously - or as uproariously as you can as a 9-inch former wizard's familiar - battering the power straight into the strange possessed potion he was fighting!
"Aha! ohohoho! Ihihihi! what's this?!" he shouted, grabbing a mote of power floating through the air, roughly the color of a forgotten morning with a friend you once loved but whose name you can no longer remember.
New Spell who dis?!?!: 1d50 4: Driving Winds

Feeling the power in his tiny Axolotl body, Panta Rei furiously unleashed the driving winds on his new opponent. "That's it! You rapscallascious dilly-donk of a braggadocious braggardy brute!"
And with that, he continued his (rather less than) Furious Assault!
Actions:
Cast: DRIVING WINDS!
Attack!: 1d6 1

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Benny "Twinkletoes" Broccolini
Health: 5/10 HP
Spells: Pyra Rune: Next Pyra Spell applies twice in a row. Cooldown: [X] [ ] [ ]

"Ah- whapow!" Benny exploded, delivering a sudden uppercut to the ghostly lamp swooping in.

The animated lantern reeled backwards from the strike before angrily sputtering lamp oil in Benny Twinkletoes' general direction, accompanied by a wave of powerful magic.

Some of the splattered oil landed on the mage's jacket and lit the treated clothing on fire.

"Mama mia, what a joyk!" Benny complained at length, rolling on the ground and trying to pat the flames out.

> Random Spell: 1d50 24 - Pyra Rune
> Spell: Benny casts Pyra Rune!
> E3 Hits F3: 1d6 2 - Total: 2

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 3, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Jimmy "The Gross Son" Bobson
Element: "Aero"
Spells: Blasting Armour (Cooldown: 0/3)
Active Spells/Effects: Blasting Armour

Random Spell: 1d50 35 (Blasting Armour)

He had been crumbled... Jimmy had taken clothing damage. A poor portent for anyone within sight range, but at least it reminded him of some restoration magics. The torn clothing crusted over with brown... rocks, and the greenish whirlwind he was working on intensified around the pillar.

Attack F11 from E11, Round 2: 1d6 1

I cast Blasting Armour

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Spells: Pyra Rune: next Pyra spell casts twice in a row
---Rolls: 1, 5
-----Total: 6

"Hah! I bet you feel soooo cool casting spells like that, lantern!? Well, I'm going to iceolate you so that explosion doesn't work!"

Not to mention he had the chance to grab a spell from this distracted little arcane chilld.

New spell: 1d50 24 Pyra Rune

Attack:Attack: 1d6 5

Slaan fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 3, 2021

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Spells: What spells? Boost+2

Ozzy gasped as he saw the looming edifice of salt and felt the Arcane Whoopsy's oscillation boost it forward.

"Oh noooo!" he whinged and recoiled as the pillar surged towards him - but then he noticed its shape. Portly, bulging at the middle, clearly reminiscent of the Vice-Head of Hexology, an obnoxious substitute teacher whose awful sense of humor had reduced Ozzy's first month at academy into a weeping series of novel hexperiences as he was continuously 'volunteered' before class to demonstrate the effhexts of the Vice-Head's spells.

"OH YOUUUU!" he cried in sudden outrage and - much to the the imp's surprise as well as his own - stood his ground and rushed to meet the vastly larger form, their meeting impacting with a dull thud. The pillar resisted for a moment - but then, being made of salt, it fractured, cracks criss-crossing its memorable - and trauma-inducing - shape. Gasping for breath at the exertion - as much magical as physical - Ozzy gave a start as something flowed into him, while the pillar reeled.

"Wh...what? No... I don't have time for this! You! I remember you, hexmonger! I'll have my revenge! Imp! Bite its knees!" he shouted and drew back to ready himself to shoulder-slam into the pillar's 'gut' again.

The imp glanced at the fused base of the pillar and, seeing no knees, began to pick its nose instead.

Random Spell! 1d50 44 - Boost +2!
Attack G2! 1d6 6

Ozzy stands at 11!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Health: 9/10
Location: Duuude! I totally killed that thing and took its place in F10!

Spell: Killing it got me this kicking rad Pyra spell!: 1d10 7 Licking flames: Gain a strike against an opponent on a loss. READY
Spell: I'm so inspired I learned another!: 1d50 46 High boost: Add value needed to bring you to max value to your total RECHARGE 3

Die roll: 5 carried over, 1-6 plus 6-1 respectively from High Boost.
Cast High Boost and STAND! Total = 12, Epiphany!

Woo! I'm doing totally awesome I-win spells now! Excellent!

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Sep 4, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Szymon Flametame
HP: 5/10

"Yes! I feel the knowledge entering my brain! My synapses are burning bright with new possibilities!"

New Neutral Spell: 1d10 8 Sigil of Jomp When you would gain Inspiration, expend to gain double the amount
New Random Spell: 1d50 33 Terra Rune Next Terra Spell applies twice in a row

"...These spells suck! You! This is your fault! You'll pay for this!"

Attacking G9: 1d6 3

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Recover 5 HP

Attack F5 from E5: 1d6 5
Cumulative damage: 6+5
Ning stands

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010

Health: 3/10
Total: 6+6=12!

STAND

Roll for Spell: 1d50 38: Stoneskin, Gain 4 Armour this round

His small frame buckling under the arcane assault, Bluemonty finally stands tall and calls upon great Poseidon to end his enemy!

A school of blue fin tuna flow from his dangling sleeves and pummel the animate lantern.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Just as soon as it started, the Oscillation abated, the pressure exceeding from the Wizards’ minds like the tide from the shore. The villagers emerged from their assorted cowering positions and let out a ragged cheer. They had no idea what had happened, but the Wizards had done something, and then they hadn't all died. That counted for something! Grudgingly, even the old innkeeper gave a crusty thumbs up. “...A round of drinks on me.”

DRINKS posted:

Any turn you’re not currently engaged in a fight, you can opt to have a pint and regain 1d4 HP while telling stories of your BRAVE VICTORIES over lamps and books and stuff.

EXPLORATION - TURN 5 posted:

A - Ozzy rolls 5, bringing their total to 11. Pillar Of Salt rolls 6, bringing their total to 10.
Ozzy Stands at 11! Pillar of Salt Stands at 10! Ozzy strikes Pillar of Salt for 2 Terra Damage!
B - Benny casts Pyra Rune! B - Benny rolls 2, bringing their total to 2. Animate Lantern casts Lit Wick! Animate Lantern rolls 4, bringing their total to 4.
Pyra Rune Next Pyra Spell applies twice in a row
C - Szymon rolls 3, bringing their total to 3. Animate Lantern rolls 1, bringing their total to 1.
D - Ning rolls 5, bringing their total to 11. Pillar Of Salt rolls 4, bringing their total to 9.
Ning Stands with 11! Pillar of Salt stands with 9! Ning strikes Pillar of Salt for 2 Terra Damage!
F - Gizzard rolls 5, bringing their total to 6. Animate Lantern rolls 6, bringing their total to 9.
Animate Lantern Stands with 9!
G - Bob rolls 1, bringing their total to 1. Animate Lantern rolls 6, bringing their total to 6.
I - Jimmy casts Blasting Armour! I - Jimmy rolls 1, bringing their total to 7. Pillar Of Salt casts Boost +1! Pillar Of Salt rolls 2, bringing their total to 6.
Blasting Armour - Gain 1 bonus Armour this round; if enemy strikes you at the end of the round, they take [Might] Terra Damage.
J - Adila rolls 2, bringing their total to 8. Possessed Potion casts Splash! Possessed Potion rolls 6, bringing their total to 10. Adila casts Boost +2! Adila Stands at 10! Possessed Potion Stands at 10! Tie!
Splash - On victory, Daze opponent

TIE posted:

Nothing happens, unless a spell does something cool!
K - Bluemonty rolls 6, bringing their total to 12. Animate Lantern rolls 2, bringing their total to 10. Bluemonty has an Epiphany! Animate Lantern Stands with 10!
Bluemonty strikes Animate Lantern for 4 Hydro Damage!
L - Bodacious casts High Boost! L - Bodacious rolls 6, bringing their total to 12. Flapping Grimoire rolls 3, bringing their total to 8. Bodacious has an Epiphany! Flapping Grimoire Stands with 10! Bodacious strikes Flapping Grimoire for 4 Pyra Damage!
M - Panta Rei casts Driving Winds! M - Panta Rei rolls 1, bringing their total to 3. Possessed Potion rolls 1, bringing their total to 2. Panta Rei deals 1 Aero Damage; Possessed Potion is Dazed!
Driving Winds - Deal [Might] Aero Damage and Daze your opponent for this turn and next

THE MONITOREUM posted:

The full Monitoreum can be seen here.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 7, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Spells: Blasting Armour (Cooldown: 1/3)
Active Spells/Effects: Blasting Armour

The tornado was starting to look ripe. Time to finish the casting.

Attack F11 from E11, Round 3: 1d6 4

I Stand

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Health: 9/10

Spell: Licking flames: Gain a strike against an opponent on a loss. READY
Spell: High boost: Add value needed to bring you to max value to your total. RECHARGE 2

Die roll: Attacking G10: 1d6 4

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 7, 2021

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Health: 5/10 HP
Spells: Pyra Rune: Next Pyra Spell applies twice in a row. Cooldown: [X] [X] [ ]

Benny got up from the floor after successfully smothering the flames from his clothes. He was literally steaming mad about the damage to his jacket, in that magical steam was actually rising from his shoulders.

"Dat's it!" Benny hollered, while rolling up his undone sleeves again, "How listen here, lampy, I's been noice to youse up ta now, but now ye've gon' an' made me mighty mad!"

Benny Twinkletoes squared up with the magical floating lantern with his fists raised again, ready for yet another bout of magical fisticuffs.

"Prepare yasself for da Broccolini Bunsen-Busta!"

> Spell Effects: Pyra Rune 1
> E3 Hits F3: 1d6 2 - Total: 4

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Szymon Flametame
Spells: Sigil of Jomp When you would gain Inspiration, expend to gain double the amount
Terra Rune Next Terra Spell applies twice in a row

"A Lantern? Finally, a real challenge! Another flame to tame!"

Attacking G9: 1d6 6 Total is now 9.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Oh look, another lantern. It was probably a smarter idea to let someone who didn't have an elemental disadvantage deal with it, but Bob was stubborn, and the lantern was half dead already. Or half broken, whatever.

Attacking G1 - Animate Lantern: 1d6 4
Total is now 5

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Spells: Pyra Rune: next Pyra spell casts twice in a row
---Rolls: 1, 5, 6
-----Total: 12!

Gizzard barely held against the oscillation. It was hard enough taking down this drat lantern without a giant whoopsy getting involved. A 6 in long lizard can only do so much!

As such, he snowed his real power and decided to build a snowman. Right on the lantern's arcane rear end.

Attack: 1d6 6

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Adila
Spells: Boost +2 (On cooldown for 3 turns), Stoneskin

Urgh. This was the worst. A trifling tie.

Well, Adila would just have to push on.

First roll!: 1d6 3

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"What?! It's not over yet? How about THIS, then!"

Ozzy slammed his fist into the cracked pillar, then winced and began to skip around, holding his hand and whining as the slow-moving fat pillar chased him. His imp, forgotten in the heat of battle, clapped gleefully at the show.

Attack G2! 1d6 4

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Square: E6
Spells:
DRIVING WIND! Cooldown [X] [_] [_]

Seeing his enemy dazed, Panta Rei shouts in triumph, despite his otherwise meagre attack. "AHA! How do you, like that, CUR?! VILLAIN! You may be just a potion, but i'll dry you up yet!" With that, the little Axolotl raised his tiny staff (or, rather, a short little stick) and jumped around, conjuring up Hydro energy, bubbles forming around him in the air, clothes moistening.

Attack!: 1d6 4
Total is now 7!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Attack F5 from E5: 1d6 1

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010

Spells: Stoneskin
Attacking F7: 1d6 3
Total: 3

Doing a merry little jig to pump himself up, Bluemonty begins calling down a rain cloud from the heavens to finally end his opponent.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The stragglers at the inn had set up some impromptu Scrying Pools in puddles of spilled ale, and now that people were crowding in to get a better look it seemed prudent to get something a little more formal going. A great shallow tin basin - ostensibly to be used as the base for a new water tower - was dragged into the Inn’s foyer and enchanted, giving people a high-quality view of the carnage. Too high quality, perhaps, as some people needed to take their leave. Sure, most of these folk had never seen a body turned inside out, but that sort of thing built character. At least, that’s what their teachers had told them!

EXPLORATION - TURN 6 posted:

A - Ozzy rolls 4, bringing their total to 4. Pillar Of Salt casts Don't Look Back! Pillar Of Salt rolls 4, bringing their total to 4.
Don’t Look Back - Opponent cannot Stand on odd number this round
B - Benny rolls 2, bringing their total to 4. Animate Lantern casts Boost +1! Animate Lantern rolls 3, bringing their total to 7. Animate Lantern uses Boost +1! Animate Lantern Stands at 8!
C - Szymon rolls 3, bringing their total to 9. Animate Lantern rolls 5, bringing their total to 6.
D - Ning rolls 1, bringing their total to 1. Pillar Of Salt rolls 6, bringing their total to 6.
F - Gizzard rolls 5, bringing their total to 12. Animate Lantern rolls 6, bringing their total to 13. Gizzard has an Epiphany! Animate Lantern OVERLOADS! Gizzard strikes Animate Lantern for 7 Hydro Damage! Animate Lantern slain!

LOL posted:

lol
G - Bob rolls 1, bringing their total to 5. Animate Lantern rolls 6, bringing their total to 7.
Explosion - On victory, deal 10 Pyra Damage to opponent and die
I - Jimmy rolls 4, bringing their total to 11. Pillar Of Salt rolls 4, bringing their total to 11.
Pillar of Salt uses Boost +1! Their total is now 12! OVERLOAD! Jimmy strikes the Pillar of Salt for 8 Aero Damage! Pillar of Salt slain!

UH posted:

Okay so this is an edge case maybe? Flanking the Pillar reduced its Max Value, but these guys are too dumb to do anything about that - they will Boost if they can boost to avoid getting beaten without Overloading… but not when their MV is decreased! Overload rolls them back to 7 vs. 11 for 4 strikes that become Critical PLUS a bonus Critical strike from Overload.
J - Adila rolls 3, bringing their total to 3. Possessed Potion rolls 4, bringing their total to 4.
K - Bluemonty rolls 3, bringing their total to 3. Animate Lantern rolls 5, bringing their total to 5.
L - Bodacious rolls 4, bringing their total to 4. Flapping Grimoire rolls 1, bringing their total to 1.
M - Panta Rei rolls 4, bringing their total to 7. Possessed Potion rolls 4, bringing their total to 6. Possessed Potion is Dazed!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 9, 2021

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Bob's magic tune faltered for a moment, as it finally dawned on him what his opponent was planning. This...this was going to end badly, wasn't it?

Attacking G1 - Animate Lantern: 1d6 1
Total is now 6

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Health: 5 /10 HP
Spells: Pyra Rune: Next Pyra Spell applies twice in a row. Cooldown: [X] [X] [X]

"Woit's dat?" Asked Benny Twinkletoes Broccolini, putting a hand up to his ear as though he was hard of hearing. "Ya giv'n up already, li'l foiah?"

"Well dat's foine boiy me!" Benny said, his fists still raised. "But I don' make no pris'ners outta crapolas loike you!"

What should have been a watery sucker-punch from Benny Twinkletoes turned into a massive whiff as Benny spun on his heels from missing his big punch against the animated oil lantern.

> Spell Effects: Pyra Rune 1
> E3 Hits F3: 1d6 4 - Total: 8 - Benny hits again!
> E3 Hits F3: 1d6 6 - Total: 14 - OVERLOAD!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 9, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Adila
Spells: Boost +2 (On cooldown for 2 turns), Stoneskin

"Why can't you just die, you evil elixer!" Adila shouted as she threw a ruby at the aberration of magic and logic.

Second Roll: 1d6 2

Brings my Total to 5.

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010

Spells: Stoneskin
Total: 3+6 = 9

Stand

Bluemonty casts Stoneskin:
Gain 4 Armor this round.

Letting loose with a torrent of precipitation, Bluemonty remembers his favourite chapter from Greater Cowardice and How to Succeed at Wizardry, calling up the sheltering earth to shield him from potential disaster.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Spells: Blasting Armour (Cooldown: 2/3), Boost +1/10 (Cooldown: 0/3)
Active Spells/Effects: -

Power, such sweet power. Jimmy had gained understanding of how to tap into the potentially powerful, but deeply unstable thaumic subcurrents. Well, might as well give it a shot. He stuck his hand in his armpit, and squeezed in an arcane manner, resulting in merely a sad brrp, but with some simple channeling, a mighty sonic wave of BRRAAAAAAPP suddenly flew forth against an unseen foe.

Neutral Spell GET: 1d10 3 (Boost +1/10)

Attack G11 from F11: 1d6 1

Casting Boost +1/10: 1d2 2 (My roll gets +10)

I Stand

Theantero fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 9, 2021

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ozzy's frantic running about seemed to be doing about as much damage to the salt pillar as his earlier defiant punch.

Attack G2! 1d6 3

Currently on 7!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Szymon Flametame
Spells: Sigil of Jomp When you would gain Inspiration, expend to gain double the amount
Terra Rune Next Terra Spell applies twice in a row

"This heat's getting too intense..., do us all a favour and die already!"

Attacking G9: 1d6 1 Total of 10; I'll Stand there.