Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit

Philthy posted:

Nah man, their fries have consistently been at the top of the chain when they went to the fresh cut. I have no idea why they thought to change them because when you're on top you don't touch poo poo until you're at burger king levels of bad and then start worrying.

Haven't had a chance to try them, it's the only reason I ever went to Wendys. :/

The fries were not good my nigga

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

it must have varied by franchise because the ones I used to get were without exaggeration or hyperbole the best fast food fries I've ever had, consistently so. until the day they switched to using synthetic frier oil and then they were bad bad bad

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Philthy posted:

Nah man, their fries have consistently been at the top of the chain when they went to the fresh cut. I have no idea why they thought to change them because when you're on top you don't touch poo poo until you're at burger king levels of bad and then start worrying.

Haven't had a chance to try them, it's the only reason I ever went to Wendys. :/

pro starcraft loser posted:

Finally had these. Game changer.

Their old fries were bottom tier, absolute dog poo poo. If you don't have a Wendy's near you, make yourself a burger, and serve it with al dente spaghetti noodles as a stand in for fries.

New fries rock.

Good two posts to have in a row, lol.

I agree with the latter. Carls Jr. is the bottom tier now as the last natural cut standing (some Carls have generic fries now but nothing like the old soggy fries they had that weren't great but way better than what they have now).

I kind of want to do a fry tier thread but my popeyes rip off thread is controversial enough already.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Rick posted:

I kind of want to do a fry tier thread but my popeyes rip off thread is controversial enough already.

Ironic as Popeyes fries are so drat good.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
They taste a lot like Burger King. But they and those suck. It’s like someone coated my fries in something.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Rick posted:

Good two posts to have in a row, lol.

I agree with the latter. Carls Jr. is the bottom tier now as the last natural cut standing (some Carls have generic fries now but nothing like the old soggy fries they had that weren't great but way better than what they have now).

If you think your chicken sandwich thread is controversial, I guarantee a fry ranking thread will be ten times more so. It will be destined to be non stop arguments. You definitely should make the thread.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Ironic as Popeyes fries are so drat good.

They are pretty good although it takes something pretty big for me to not get red beans and rice (them being out of red beans and rice).

Twenty Four posted:

If you think your chicken sandwich thread is controversial, I guarantee a fry ranking thread will be ten times more so. It will be destined to be non stop arguments. You definitely should make the thread.

It is done.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980418&pagenumber=1#lastpost

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Rick fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 27, 2021

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
had them... very disappointed. they taste like burger king fries, which no one likes. there is a reason why people order a whopper and go across the street to mcdonalds to get fries

Philthy fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 2, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Philthy posted:

had them... very disappointed. they taste like burger king fries, which no one likes. there is a reason why people order a whopper and go across the street to mcdonalds to get fries

nobody does this

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Philthy posted:

had them... very disappointed. they taste like burger king fries, which no one likes

BK fries are garbage even when served fresh and piping hot

The 2 for $6 sandwich deal is good, not because the sandwiches are good; but because the fries are that bad

you're better off just getting a second sandwich in place of fries and a soda

i say swears online posted:

nobody does this

this is also true

I wish BK would let your sub out fries for a value menu item instead. I'd much rather have a value menu chicken sandwich with my burger instead of fries. I'd much rather have a rodeo burger with my chicken sandwich instead of fries.

I have never gone to a second fast food place to get fries. That's just asinine.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

you get onion rings at bk that's what differentiates it from other fast food places

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
i thought it was how loving horrible everything is on their menu

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

WITCHCRAFT posted:

The 2 for $6 sandwich deal is good, not because the sandwiches are good; but because the fries are that bad

any place's 2/$5 or 2/$6 menu is miles ahead of fries and drink, especially if you're counting macros. i gave up fries a couple years ago and an extra filet o fish or wendy's spicy chicken really fills that sense of loss

BaconCopter posted:

their app coupons can be the best in the biz. often i'll get a $3 double whopper, or $1 rodeo burgers, extra onion. still a banger dollar menu compared to the competition

----------------

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

The Voice of Labor posted:

you get onion rings at bk that's what differentiates it from other fast food places

Ya I’ve definitely snuck a bag of onion rings into McD before. Actually McD did do them at one time in the UK, but they were utter trash.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

BaconCopter posted:

that doesn't differentiate them from any fast food place except like in n out or maybe wendys on a really good day

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i got some wendys last week and got some fries that were obviously not fresh,but they were still delicious, which is impressive because i liked their old fries and ususlly hate formula changes. kinda wanna try getting some and making poutine, but i dunno how id handle the logistics of keeping the fries fresh while i make gravy...

----------------
This space intentionally left blank.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Minrad posted:

i got some wendys last week and got some fries that were obviously not fresh,but they were still delicious, which is impressive because i liked their old fries and ususlly hate formula changes. kinda wanna try getting some and making poutine, but i dunno how id handle the logistics of keeping the fries fresh while i make gravy...

Air fryer

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
take the gravy to wendys

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Aardvark! posted:

take the gravy to wendys

----------------

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

legit. like a cross between a french fry and a potato chip

vive la sexy anime wendy

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
The Wendys near me died. All the windows got boarded up yesterday and it's no longer listed on their site. RIP

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just had Wendy's for the first time in months and the new fries are really good.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Hector Delgado posted:

The Wendys near me died. All the windows got boarded up yesterday and it's no longer listed on their site. RIP

The last time I went to Wendy's I tried to get the 2 for $5 chicken sandwich and that deal no longer exists and I paid $12 for a chicken sandwich on a "pretzel bun" that only resembled a pretzel in visual form. It did not have the taste or texture or a soft pretzel in any way. My fries were soggy. I paid 4x my asking price for a chicken sandwich that was more visually appealing but tasted no different from the last.

I wish my local Wendy's was boarded up and closed. They did a flavor crime on me and I haven't been back since. gently caress your fancy fries. You charged me $12 for the most disappointing chicken sandwich of my life. I have enjoyed dollar menu chicken sandwiches more that that.