Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Poohs Packin posted:

Their name is super embarassing

It definitely has a Facebook inspirational meme vibe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

It definitely has a Facebook inspirational meme vibe

lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Imagine Dragons a poo poo ripoff of Swaggin Dragon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WnfoJ51Qhk

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
There have been a shitload of occasions where music has been playing and I think it sounds like soulless elevator music devoid of passion or art. And then someone mentions this it is Imagine Dragons. That’s about all my experience with them.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

YeahTubaMike posted:

I like "Thunder" a lot, a fact I've posted in the PYF unpopular opinions thread as well as the GBS unpopular music opinions thread.

It's got a good beat and bassline and sounds nifty on a sub. They pretty much just took it wholesale from that Adele song from like the prior year and added "Thunder! Thunder!" over it but it's whatever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngrHmT4FyHo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If someone told me I could either listen to Imagine Dragons or Red Hot Chili Peppers I’d kill them OP

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I imagined a dragon and it looked like poo poo, like just a haggard old dragon that smells like egg farts and it cant remember where it is when it wakes up and has seizures once a day

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

If someone told me I could either listen to Imagine Dragons or Red Hot Chili Peppers I’d kill them OP

I think that makes you a psychopath

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I imagined a dragon and it looked like poo poo, like just a haggard old dragon that smells like egg farts and it cant remember where it is when it wakes up and has seizures once a day

what does its balls smell like?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what does its balls smell like?

They were really wrinkly and super saggy and huge, they smelled like smegma

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The dragon's eyes were all white and rheumy and when it looked at me I could tell that it could barely see me.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Imagine dragons (loving cars)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I think that makes you a psychopath

No, because the music’s really bad it’s allowed by law

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

No, because the music’s really bad it’s allowed by law

you're allowed to be a psychopath. That isn't illegal.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
op is a gently caress

runnypoops posted:

Imagine dragon my nuts across your face bitch

Lol

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Imagine Ham

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

It's perfectly normal and fine to enjoy songs from Imagine Dragons, op, your pre-emptive defensiveness is unnecessary. Their act is fine-tuned to be as inoffensive as possible so it's only natural many people might find some of their songs pleasant.

But if you're a diehard Imagine Dragons fanatic and they're literally your favorite musical act and you buy front-row tickets to their show and you scream and you're all "omg the lead singer totally looked me in the eye my life is complete" and then they invite you backstage and you let them all gently caress you regardless what your actual sex preferences are because you are just that devoted to them...

Well I still won't say anything mean because that's just being lovely and childish (in fact I hope you have a blast getting gang-banged by them) but I would definitely encourage you to spend some of that energy looking deeper into your preferred musical genres because I guarantee you there is a band or act that does what Imagine Dragons does but takes it to more interesting places because they don't have to serve such a broad audience of mostly young people.

I'm not even saying you'd have to stop being a fan, by all means keep following their releases and being a groupie and enjoying backstage bukkakes with them while stoned out of our gourd, it would just be sad to be so into music if your tastes didn't venture any further than an entry level pop-rock band and they were the only ones for whom you were let in to their tour bus and the bassist snorted coke out of your rear end crack while you gleefully let the drummer thrust his cock down your throat. There's a whole world out there!

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Counterpoint: it’s not okay to like them because they suck too much

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Counterpoint: it’s not okay to like them because they suck too much

"they suck too much" is definitely not a good reason to like something, I agree. People should like things because they enjoy them, or alternatively, because they suck just enough.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
suck my balls OP

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Chinatown posted:

suck my balls OP

me next!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Poohs Packin posted:

if you think the name is bad, don't listen to their music

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
also if you think the name is good or at least ok, still don't listen to their music

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I was buying weed once and the guy selling it insisted we smoke some and "hang for a bit" and he put on that song "Sail" by AWOLNATION and I think thats about what they sound like. Just so bad.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

And he looked at me the whole time with this like "drat son this is the deepest poo poo ever and we are both ON WEED" look the whole time it was a bad time.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I love that Arctic Monkeys song where hes talking about how badly he wants to gently caress that old lover do they still think about him?

When it comes on the radio I'll scream it out singing right along with the guy and thinking of my last boyfriend

At that moment I think that's the greatest song ever made by humankind. I thought you might want to know

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"Drivin' Horny: The Spinz Story"

Padical
Nov 29, 2004
"imagine liking a lovely band" is more accurate of a name imhop

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

It's got a good beat and bassline and sounds nifty on a sub. They pretty much just took it wholesale from that Adele song from like the prior year and added "Thunder! Thunder!" over it but it's whatever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngrHmT4FyHo

I knew that I'd heard that beat somewhere before, and I really should have known where because "Send My Love" is awesome.

Also, that mashup is amazing. :allears:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
SAIL by awolnation is good though

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I like sail!

Also a bunch of 21 pilot songs are good imo.

IM TIRED OF BEING AFRAID

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Colonel Cancer posted:

SAIL by awolnation is good though

Omg I LOVE YOU

YES 1000 times yes

Oh please let me be 24 again and in some guy's car who spent far too much on his stereo and we're driving at night, going to the ocean maybe, we're new.

I've had a couple screwdrivers and I can feel that bass in my heart as the wind whips my hair into my lipstick. He likes driving and I'll ask him to play it again

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The song sail but it does the synth part then when it pauses the guy yells GAY!!!! instead

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Sail is like nails on a chalkboard to me

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

glad the lil songs make you happy OP, but uhm maybe check the attitude?

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Poohs Packin posted:

Imagine dragons? No, I don't think I will :smuggo:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The song sail but it does the synth part then when it pauses the guy yells GAY!!!! instead

Lol

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

This is hard to argue against

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Stupid PIECE of poo poo!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Mumpy Puffinz posted: