Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

frumpykvetchbot posted:

She approved this never-matched logistical absurdity. A preposterous swarm of bombers and tanker planes were launched to support each other so they could support a single bomber with fuel so it could poke some poorly aimed shallow holes in an airfield on some disputed rocks in the south Atlantic. The 7 "Operation Black Buck" bombing sorties burned about 1.8 million liters of fuel and risked the lives of dozens of aircrew and extremely expensive planes in order to drop a total 21 bombs (of which all but 2 or 3 missed the target runway, and the Argentinians had it repaired within hours anyway.)

imagine 12 planes on their way to a cliff, time works the same way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Thank you and G-d bless!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

frumpykvetchbot posted:

She approved this never-matched logistical absurdity. A preposterous swarm of bombers and tanker planes were launched to support each other so they could support a single bomber with fuel so it could poke some poorly aimed shallow holes in an airfield on some disputed rocks in the south Atlantic. The 7 "Operation Black Buck" bombing sorties burned about 1.8 million liters of fuel and risked the lives of dozens of aircrew and extremely expensive planes in order to drop a total 21 bombs (of which all but 2 or 3 missed the target runway, and the Argentinians had it repaired within hours anyway.)

The fantasy of Western air power really is the stupidest loving thing.

Infantry still have to die in droves to get anything done, but hey at least the middle class pilots get to ride their war chariots and let off their fireworks.

:missionaccomplished:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Strategic Tea posted:

The fantasy of Western air power really is the stupidest loving thing.

Infantry still have to die in droves to get anything done, but hey at least the middle class pilots get to ride their war chariots and let off their fireworks.

:missionaccomplished:

M.I. does the dying. Fleet just does the flying.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pretended to care about climate change for all of three seconds before she became a denialist.

Robot Made of Meat
Oct 16, 2015

She died!

I hope I'm the first to get here with that.

DAMMIT!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
She hated the monarchy so that’s ok but other than that gonna nth the whole dying thing.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
She made everyone else look good by comparison.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
She repeatedly escaped from her doctors and nurses when she had Alzheimer’s.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Her unique epsilon brain-waves bolstered the extra-dimensional gossamer fence keeping the preying mantis-like horrors from intruding. with her passing the Final Day draws near where everyting will become nothing and time itself shall be broken.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
She had a secret meeting with Suharto about mirdering chinese commies and he jumped 10 feet into the air and unbuckled his pants and came straight town, totally vertical, and landed with his anus square with the crown of her skull and her whole head went into his colon. Then she went MMMMPH and suharto laughted and farted big, shooting back up into the sky and landed cleanly on his feet and he laughed at her. This wasnt reported in the west because it was embarassing for thatcher

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
The Good Friday agreement is almost a direct result of her being a ghoulish bitch

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I think she did some reasonable work on soft serve ice cream in her food chemistry career before she got into politics?

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001
Thatcher? Hardly knew 'er!

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Humiliated the Argentinean junta

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Who knows, Hitler could have been a member of that junta.

When I was a teenager I had a picture of her on my wall I would look at during coitus when I wanted to delay orgasm, so I guess what I'm saying is Margaret Thatcher improved my sex life.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Weka posted:

When I was a teenager I had a picture of her on my wall I would look at during coitus when I wanted to delay orgasm, so I guess what I'm saying is Margaret Thatcher improved my sex life.

In America we think about baseball stats but this seems to be a wildly mor effective method than thinking about how many dingers Ken Griffey Jr hit in 1992.

Derpies fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 31, 2021

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Her unique epsilon brain-waves bolstered the extra-dimensional gossamer fence keeping the preying mantis-like horrors from intruding. with her passing the Final Day draws near where everyting will become nothing and time itself shall be broken.

Please dont post Laundry Files spoilers itt

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Ushering Britain through the harsh yet necessary process of changing from an industrial economy into a financial/service economy and freeing people to own their own homes and businesses without the crushing burden of excessive taxation and nationalized industry.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Szyznyk posted:

Ushering Britain through the harsh yet necessary process of changing from an industrial economy into a financial/service economy and freeing people to own their own homes and businesses without the crushing burden of excessive taxation and nationalized industry.

Thatcher I thought you were dead!

or

Reagan, I thought you were dead!

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Derpies posted:

In America we think about baseball stats but this seems to be a wildly mor effective method than thinking about how many dingers Ken Griffey Jr hit in 1992.

hell, picturing Griffey's immaculate swing would just make me finish faster

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

KakerMix posted:

Thatcher I thought you were dead!

or

Reagan, I thought you were dead!

Norman Tebbit gimmick account

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Szyznyk posted:

*glances at Brexit island*

Good job

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Raegan and Margaret should have hosed and he should have given her a disgusting creampie and they should have had an amazing child

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
They did gently caress but Margaret's womb was cursed by God to only produce the most horrific monsters known to man and long story short that's how Matt Gaetz was born

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

lilbeefer posted:

Raegan and Margaret should have hosed and he should have given her a disgusting creampie and they should have had an amazing child

Rappin’ Ronnie already had amazing kids. One daughter was in an Elvis movie, one posed for Playboy, and his namesake is on NPR and hates everything his father stood for. Whereas, if Spitting Image is to believed, Mark Thatcher was a slow adult.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

lilbeefer posted:

her actual child is a spectacular failure who got lost in the sahara for six days and was convicted for attempting a coup d'etat on equatorial Guinea

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

some good things Thatcher did was get dementia and poop herself and forget her loved ones and die

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Thatcher? I don't even know her!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

That looks like something out of the Lesser Key of Solomon. Are we sure she wasn't trying to summon something?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Weka posted:

Very risky. If you cum while accidentally glancing at that picture you have a high chance of becoming a thatchersexual.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Computer viking posted:

I think she did some reasonable work on soft serve ice cream in her food chemistry career before she got into politics?

She worked for Lyons whose food was always crap, and there's also no evidence she actually did anything significant on ice cream. She did co-author a paper on soap chemistry https://www.theguardian.com/science/political-science/2013/apr/09/margaret-thatcher-ideology-scientist so that might be an actual good thing.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Xaintrailles posted:

She worked for Lyons whose food was always crap, and there's also no evidence she actually did anything significant on ice cream. She did co-author a paper on soap chemistry https://www.theguardian.com/science/political-science/2013/apr/09/margaret-thatcher-ideology-scientist so that might be an actual good thing.

Oh right. At least the general idea that she did her best work before the politics career stands.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
No, the best work was definitely the dying.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Skios posted:

That looks like something out of the Lesser Key of Solomon. Are we sure she wasn't trying to summon something?

visualized differently doesn't help it look less silly, so I'll buy an explanation along the occult. Was she perhaps secretly a warlock in drag?

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
i heard the libs wrecked england trying to do wealth redistribution and thatcher fixed it

at least that's what this conservative guy told me

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

She directly inspired The House of Cards, the finest political TV ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfEl3u3BZFg

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Thatcher hosed the kids.

(that is not an example of a good thing that she did, and also it should be noted that the loving in the aforementioned comment is merely a metaphorical loving)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jMdMMk1ws4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWhkrfGE3oY

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ikanreed posted:

There was that time she died.

And I guess the time she almost died is pretty good too

Disagree w/ the second as she could have died earlier but shamelessly didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009