Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

vanity concerts + unbridled capitalism of the arts should be banned altogether

edit: rip all these people who died painfully and needlessly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/people/status/1457008892047675399

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

thank god

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Thank you People Magazine, for telling us the most important news.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Small miracles

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

mind the walrus posted:

Like he always seemed like the most chill dude in that band, which was honestly pretty drat chill all things considered, so every time I see stuff about "Travis whatever" going loving insane my ancient-rear end brain keeps misfiring and thinking "oh poo poo is this the Blink guy or his doppleganger?"

You can be forgiven because both of these Travises (Travii) are involved with a Kardashian.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

if they would have bought nfts instead of concert tickets this wouldnt have happened.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Now we can all exhale

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Also Beyonce wasn't there but is also doing good.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

We tapped our toes and wore our masks

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

if they would have bought nfts instead of concert tickets this wouldnt have happened.

Yeah I like NFTs

Not Funding Travis

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

jfc i thought this must surely be a parody article

but nope

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

We tapped our toes and wore our masks

Ah, The fist of the Mormon commandments

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Oh holy poo poo I've been worried sick all day :ohdear:

Also I will bet a forums upgrade the "source" is Kylie Jenner or Kris Kardashian

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

How does Sherry pronounce her last name? Asking for a friend.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

RIP Metallica. Montreal forgot.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who the gently caress is Travis Scott

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

You know the phrase "Great Scott!"

Same dude.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

You know the phrase "Great Scott!"

Same dude.

Doc Brown was down.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Big Beef City posted:

His McDonald's meal was the only worthwhile Collab out there

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

His McDonald's meal was the only worthwhile Collab out there

excuse me brother

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

Doc Brown was down.

heavy

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

That’s pretty terrifying. Was this just a fuckup of the organizers or a random trampling?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

whose insurance is gonna pay for this?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It seems like the venue was just oversold to maximum capacity and also it seems like there wasn’t enough security. Ideally a 50,000 person event is going to want, like, 500-1,000 security staff, looks like this event had under 250?

But yeah lots of people are trying to suggest that Travis worked the crowd up into a bloodthirsty frenzy until they made a blood sacrifice

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Big Beef City posted:

ask your grandkids

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I don't know how the song is supposed to go, but he just seems confused

Just looked him up on Youtube and the bored/confused thing seems to be his schtick.

Andenno
May 1, 2009

Sophy Wackles posted:

That’s pretty terrifying. Was this just a fuckup of the organizers or a random trampling?

Crowd crushes are caused by negligent crowd management/planning, not people going wild.

News stories about "crazy black friday" shoppers are entertaining but they deflect blame from negligent event planners.

E: There's a science to preventing this type of tragedy: http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1864855,00.html

Andenno fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 6, 2021

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

What a nightmare. A security guard got a needle in the neck and ODed:

quote:

Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said one security officer said he was stuck in the neck Friday night during Astroworld when trying to restrain a concert-goer. "We do have a report of a security officer, according to the medical staff that was out and treated him last night, that he was reaching over to restrain or grab a citizen and he felt a prick in his neck. When he was examined, he went unconscious, they administered Narcan," Finner said during a news conference Saturday. "He was revived and the medical staff did notice a prick similar to what you would get if somebody was trying to inject. That is one part of it." There were "several instances where they did administer Narcan on scene," Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña said when asked if medical personnel at the festival administered Narcan, a “save shot” or a “rescue shot” because of its ability to bring someone back from an overdose.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/astroworld-houston-deaths-travis-scott/index.html

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Thank sweet baby Jesus that I made it out okay as well. Luckily the human wave lost some steam before it hit the east coast.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
All the meat to make Travis Scott burgers has to come from somewhere

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

What did this say they deleted it?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Chrs posted:

What did this say they deleted it?

Pregnant Kylie Jenner Uninjured After Travis Scott Astroworld Incident Leaves 8 Dead, Says Source https://t.co/1xRR3qJv5f

— People (@people) November 6, 2021

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Frankenstyle posted:

Just looked him up on Youtube and the bored/confused thing seems to be his schtick.

it's mine too. I am only sometimes pretending

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

has anyone checked if this guy is a siren

No he is risen

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Amen

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

no pubes yet sorry posted:

What a nightmare. A security guard got a needle in the neck and ODed:

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/astroworld-houston-deaths-travis-scott/index.html

I’m sorry but I don’t believe this at all. Like this is a lot of kids who are drunk and maybe on fake xan. They’re not shooting fent in the porta’s. What the gently caress.

This is clear negligence. Those initial breaches into VIP are a clear sign that poo poo is unmanageable. Awful.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Boywhiz88 posted:

I’m sorry but I don’t believe this at all. Like this is a lot of kids who are drunk and maybe on fake xan. They’re not shooting fent in the porta’s. What the gently caress.

This is clear negligence. Those initial breaches into VIP are a clear sign that poo poo is unmanageable. Awful.

Yeah that story reads like the fake poo poo they make up to scare you about drugs in middleschool lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yeah that story reads like the fake poo poo they make up to scare you about drugs in middleschool lol

D.A.R.E. TO
I actually forgot the rest of the slogan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Keep kids off drugs? maybe