Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

kntfkr posted:

No. It was a DoD or some fed building, so actual government but yeah I assume the same thing that whoever next got custody of the box was like lol whoops i misplaced it - 50 lbs of gold was like 800k last i checked.

i'd say given that two people knew about it from the start, turning it in was probably the better move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
they could have split it. one time me and alex found a hundred dollar bill on the floor of the pizza place during lunch break and we split it. it was the best lunch ever (not food wise, the pizza was so-so)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

kntfkr posted:

one time me and alex found a hundred dollar bill on the floor of the pizza place during lunch break and we split it.

that sucks you can't even spend half a hundred dollar bill

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tip posted:

that sucks you can't even spend half a hundred dollar bill

Pizza’s expensive man, add a couple beers you got $50 easy

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
This was $100 in 2005 so it was about $15,000 when adjusted for inflation.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Your dad would have for sure gone to jail and wouldn’t have got to keep the gold. Even treasure hunters who find gold at the bottom of the ocean get sued by various countries to take the gold from them.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

No. It was a DoD or some fed building, so actual government but yeah I assume the same thing that whoever next got custody of the box was like lol whoops i misplaced it - 50 lbs of gold was like 800k last i checked.

It's ok you and your father can rest easy knowing that while that amount of money would have changed your family's lives most likely for the better, he took the high road, and you all will still end up wormsfood in the end regardless with the world taking nary a consideration.

My deceased father told me a similar story about finding a floating package in the ocean, which must have either been a brick of weed or cocaine, and leaving it, but frankly that is much harder to convert to a much smaller amount of cash.

Wormsfood!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Which part of the ocean? Let's find that brick of cocaine.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
OP, buy a shitton of bullets and shoot hella bison in your area and lose interest/die of dysentery after an hour or so

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Smugworth posted:

My deceased father told me a similar story about finding a floating package in the ocean, which must have either been a brick of weed or cocaine, and leaving it, but frankly that is much harder to convert to a much smaller amount of cash.

The fool. That was clearly a camera roll from an old style spy satellite. He could have ransomed off the photographs to any embassy in the world and have been a rich man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Oscar Wild posted:

OP, buy a shitton of bullets and shoot hella bison in your area and lose interest/die of dysentery after an hour or so

I am a vegetarian with hollow point bullets. Does that count?