Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Then the next challenge will be issued on Monday, March 21st. The current challenge will end as soon as that one is announced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Well, although the new challenge hasn't been announced yet, I have failed. I forgot how many roadblocks the early game throws at you (the Matador fight is a real pain in the rear end). I didn't get to play this nearly as much as I hoped, but I did get up to the obelisk so I made some pretty decent progress. I think I'll likely keep on playing this regardless and work on getting the true demon ending.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Deus Ex is a first-person action RPG developed by Ion Storm and released on June 23rd, 2000. In this game, you play as JC Denton, an agent of the United Nations Anti-Terror COalition (UNATCO) who can make use of various nanotech augmentations to overcome obstacles that the average person could not. The game is commonly referred to as an immersive sim, a term commonly attributed to Warren Spector, the director of Deus Ex, although he himself attributes it to Doug Church, director of System Shock. Immersive Sims are said to be games that feel as though there is practically no barrier between you and belief that you are in an alternate world, where your choices are reacted to by the game, as opposed to the game constraining you with a specific playstyle. It is said that every time this game is mentioned, someone, somewhere will reinstall it, so maybe this time that person will be you!

TO COMPLETE THIS CHALLENGE, you must:
Beat the game...
on Realistic difficulty...
without killing anyone!

This challenge will end on Sunday, April 3rd at 11:59 Eastern.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Is the PS2 version kosher?

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Yes, the PS2 version is fine for this challenge.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

It's a good thing I reinstalled this a few nights ago. I'm in.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
you know I had been meaning to try the PS2 version after all this time..

Modoh
Jul 23, 2007
Oof, I wasn't a fan of this one when it was released, and my impression loading it up now isn't any better. Maybe I'll try and finish Radiant Silvergun instead.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Man, what stats do you have to pick for a no kill run? I'm just going for beating it normally (never finished it before), and it seems like so much of the stealth is a coin flip as to whether or not someone sees you.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

The biggest factors in your success in stealth are going to be your augmentations, at least in the long run. Remember that you can tap guys with the hand crossbow tranq darts and they'll eventually go down, and you don't have to be sneaking to use it.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Also fire extinguishers, gas grenades, and pepper guns will put anyone in a stunned state where you can bonk them with a baton.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 25, 2022

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Combat Lobster posted:

Also fire extinguishers, gas grenades, and pepper guns will put anyone in a stunned state where you can bonk them with a baton.

Ah interesting, I was wondering what the fire extinguisher was for and why there were so may around. Thanks for the tip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnfDxP-nD-g