Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Nigmaetcetera posted:

oh, like when i play worldbox

Now you get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

The cracker is good op… Try it sometime. Oh wait you can’t!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Yaldabaoth posted:

Now you get it.

seriously though, there ain't no god, never has been, never will be, people don't think about it enough. people should think about it for at least 5 seconds a day i reckon.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Nigmaetcetera posted:

seriously though, there ain't no god, never has been, never will be, people don't think about it enough. people should think about it for at least 5 seconds a day i reckon.

Even if you get rid of God, humanity is still influenced by the laws of nature like everything else in the universe, which is as close to fate being real as you can get. The only solution is to use our sapience to become unnatural abominations because the universe did not account for humans becoming sapient.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Yaldabaoth posted:

Even if you get rid of God, humanity is still influenced by the laws of nature like everything else in the universe, which is as close to fate being real as you can get. The only solution is to use our sapience to become unnatural abominations because the universe did not account for humans becoming sapient.

I'm a transhumanist too.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I'm a transhumanist too.

Flesh is weak. Steel is strong.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I like Jesus. Sometimes. Wouldn't go quite as far as love.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

I like Jesus. Sometimes. Wouldn't go quite as far as love.

I like when he said if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and replace it with a superior prosthetic.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I like when he said if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and replace it with a superior prosthetic.

Enjoy your vital essence being forever lost, technofreak!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Enjoy your vital essence being forever lost, technofreak!

It's cool, I replenish my essence with adrenochrome. No I will NOT tell you who sells it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jesus, being a perfectly divine being, had no anus

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

That's not true just ask the apostles

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

some bad news for everyone who wants to use machines to live forever… you are a MEGA LOSER! In 1000 years I will be at peace and you will be a disgusting amalgam of meat and plastics arguing with someone on TikTok 3

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Cybernetics will "upload" your soul directly to hell :devil:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

That sounds metal as gently caress.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Isn't Jesus just the ginchiest? He's a specific dream-rabbit!

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Who What Now posted:

Jesus, being a perfectly divine being, had no anus

if a perfect being can't put stuff up their butt, they are not perfect

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
Jesus had some good and radical ideas, though not all of them were as novel for the ancient world as people seem to think.
Shame about the whole world religion thing growing out of his philosophy/cult of personality.
Ultimately I feel that love is a very strong word for how I feel about Jesus, even though he loves me unconditionally.

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

Colonel Cancer posted:

If we ever reach the ability to upload our consciousness this is essentially what you will happen.
Or it will be like sending a copy of your soul to hell since it seems unlikely that it will actually literally be you (your essence/soul/consciousness whatever you want to call it)

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04v-SdKeEpE

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Schlong Connery posted:

Jesus had some good and radical ideas, though not all of them were as novel for the ancient world as people seem to think.
Shame about the whole world religion thing growing out of his philosophy/cult of personality.
Ultimately I feel that love is a very strong word for how I feel about Jesus, even though he loves me unconditionally.

Jesus never condemned slavery.

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
God works in mysterious ways...

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
And yeah, I feel like he also could have brought up a few other important things as well. Like, I know the point isn't to solve everything with omniscience, but he could have at least told people about germs. Would have really made a big difference over the next 1700 years or so.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lucky Guy posted:

if a perfect being can't put stuff up their butt, they are not perfect

He had no anus but did have a jussy (Jesus pussy)

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Who What Now posted:

He had no anus but did have a jussy (Jesus pussy)

:hmmyes:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*eats fresh*

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I loved Jesus a lot and kept following him around and asking him question after question after question.
Even when he said he wanted to be alone in the garden at night I still followed him and kept bothering him to tell him how great he was and how special he was and how I'd never ever ever betray his love and... Well...

Look what he did just to get away from me

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

You just gotta lol at satan… yeah good luck overthrowing God who literally made you. Idiot alert

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

You just gotta lol at satan… yeah good luck overthrowing God who literally made you. Idiot alert

yeah, but God made him to think he could overthrow God. The more I think about it, the more I think this God guy might be an rear end in a top hat

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

God has a weakness. He doesn't have a fear of the unknown because he's all knowing, so the unknown technically doesn't exist to him, but the bible proves again and again that he has a deep rooted hatred of those who are different from him that's inherent to his nature as a monotheist god.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

yeah yaldabaoth would say that. Demiurge rear end

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
remember that time God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac? What a fun God he is

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Also that one time when He killed Job's family and gave him a disease. (don't worry, Job got better). loving prankster God

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I love old testament God. He is like a 30's gangster. gently caress you worship me!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

remember that time God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac? What a fun God he is

If that story was written by modern rightwing christians, God would have forced Abraham to go through with the sacrifice as a test of his loyalty and the moral would be how we must be prepared to make horrible sacrifices to carry out God's will, but it's ok because we'll be rewarded bigly in the end.

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 26, 2022

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Yaldabaoth posted:

If that story was written by modern rightwing christians, God would have forced Abraham to go through with the sacrifice as a test of his loyalty and the moral would be how we must be prepared to make horrible sacrifices to carry out God's will, but it's ok because we'll be rewarded bigly in the end.

then, like modern right wing christians, they would have missed the point. Also never read the story

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

then, like modern right wing christians, they would have missed the point. Also never read the story

And they would have justified it by making Isaac a homo who had to be punished.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I really want to know how Jesus would react to NFTs

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
bring back the jubilee ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008