Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What's black pilled mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
I don't have time for a 2.5 hour video, but if someone could please briefly explain what climate change is for me I'd appreciate it. The name has me worried

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
tl;dr burning fossil fuels is altering the global biosphere extremely quickly, and huge social and political changes are needed to address this.
because of our various systems of governments and economies we're locked into a death march straight to hell. No existing civilizations will survive and it's possible humans may go extinct.

there is no biodome that will save us from the new reality

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
drat, and all this time I thought it was an ad for that Thunderdome thing they do in one of the other forums and instead it's a blocked video

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Funky See Funky Do posted:

4chan bullshit.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mooey Cow posted:

drat, and all this time I thought it was an ad for that Thunderdome thing they do in one of the other forums and instead it's a blocked video

Basically the dude goes into some detail about how poo poo's hosed and even if we globally instantly stopped all fossil fuel use today enough has already been burned that we'd still be hosed as a scientific matter of fact.

Some forms of mitigation could make sure we're not literally obliterated I guess.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Sounds like that dude is gonna be real disappointed when the world refuses to end.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Nah he'd be overjoyed

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Nah he'd be overjoyed

are you saying you made this swc

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mooey Cow posted:

Sounds like that dude is gonna be real disappointed when the world refuses to end.

call me when the world ends. til then i simply don't believe it will

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

call me when the world ends. til then i simply don't believe it will

No, don't call. It doesn't matter, its the least mattering thing. If mattering is stopped with all life, it doesn't matter even more.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

No, don't call. It doesn't matter, its the least mattering thing. If mattering is stopped with all life, it doesn't matter even more.

:catdrugs:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

actually do call because i'll have emigrated into space and/or to mars along with a lot of life to continue on to our next epic phase of existence so it still matters

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

actually do call because i'll have emigrated into space and/or to mars along with a lot of life to continue on to our next epic phase of existence so it still matters

Im going to stay on earth and make it a Wicca planet

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Armageddon outta here

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

dogfart bullshit

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I watched the whole thing on and off but I'd already come to the conclusion that the environment we need is hosed beyond stopping. I still plant trees because I like trees.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Lol that the only people talking about this purported video is reddit and cspam

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the alleged "video" in question,

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i still dont get what the dome thing is about (i fell alseep watching the video)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i still dont get what the dome thing is about (i fell alseep watching the video)

you can come over here and i'll show you wha t the dome is all about bb ;)

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can come over here and i'll show you wha t the dome is all about bb ;)

go away elon

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaWh5pHjrEM

vortmax fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 1, 2022

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

oh word yeah gonna wacth another 30+ minute video about it, yeah for sure

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv4VW62tths

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

oh word yeah gonna wacth another 30+ minute video about it, yeah for sure
Ugh it's supposed to jump to the dome part https://youtu.be/VaWh5pHjrEM?t=1080

But it's a dumb old video game reference from ancient SA history so

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

vortmax posted:

Ugh it's supposed to jump to the dome part https://youtu.be/VaWh5pHjrEM?t=1080

But it's a dumb old video game reference from ancient SA history so

i forgive you but alas, i have reported you already requesting a substantial probation. it is out of my hands at this point (hands tied)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

tl;dr burning fossil fuels is altering the global biosphere extremely quickly, and huge social and political changes are needed to address this.
because of our various systems of governments and economies we're locked into a death march straight to hell. No existing civilizations will survive and it's possible humans may go extinct.

I mean we deserve it so I'm cool with it.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

Holy poo poo!!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

knowing that society as we know it is utterly hosed makes me feel significantly less guilt about using russian streaming sites to watch movies without paying for them

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I thought it was Nature Abhors Biodome?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Mooey Cow posted:

Eschatology is the real oldest profession

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

It's basically incel/depression culture but for leftists and instead of your chin geometry preventing you from ever being happy, it's ~capitalism~

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
eating the blackpill is just going nihilist

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

worm girl posted:

I don't have time for a 2.5 hour video, but if someone could please briefly explain what climate change is for me I'd appreciate it. The name has me worried

Well,

Alright think about what climate is.
Now imagine it changes to something different.

That's sort of a big picture take on it.
You can see how that'd be bad for things that like the climate as-is.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i started watching it and the dude says that he doesn't think humans will go extinct but i'm pretty sure it's in the cards, idk

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nonsense, once the free market realizes climate change poses a significant threat it will simply re-arrange itself to come up with a perfect solution

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
They sell water futures now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

See, problem solved. The free market does it again.