Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

GigaPeon posted:

I want to make a joke about how they should have lopped off a third of Skywalker Saga instead.

Which third is up to the reader.

2 legs and an arm? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing

GigaPeon posted:

There’s a quest/collectible thing on Dagobah called “Swing From a Hairy Vine”.

Most of the level names have been great/horrible. "Better call Maul", "Chewbacca defense"...

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Regarding Skywalker Saga:

I noticed that when tapping (A) on Switch as a jedi character, while having something in a blue highlighted soft-target, the same button cycles between

1) Force push
2) Acitvate/Deactivate Lightsaber
3) Force hold (to then throw)

Is there a way I can make it so that I can ALWAYS force push on tap? Because I know long-pressing that button always triggers a force hold.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So is there any solution/workaround/hack to fix the endlessly repeating level glitch in Skywalker Saga on PC or am I just going to have to skip the entire original trilogy

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just finished Skywalker Saga. 50 hours put in, 100% on everything. No wait... got a bug so I'm 1 kyber brick short. 1165 of 1166 bricks. 99.98% game completion. Groooooaaaannnnn.

Loved the whole game though. The devs show they clearly have a deep understanding and love of Star Wars, but aren't afraid to mock the deeply stupid parts of the franchise. I feel like the entirety of the eps 7/8/9 is all the characters quipping about how dumb everything is.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
It is insane that my kids main save file is still stuck on "talk to maz", a story stopping bug that has existed for a month now

Starting this winter we played Batman 3 then DC supervillains and just got the marvel collection and have finished those stories but no side content. By the time we finish all the collecting maybe the star wars bugs will be fixed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

got Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga for sale on Xbox, it looks and plays so well but the thing that really shocked me is how good the sound effects and mix are. it sounds INCREDIBLE

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Just finished 100%ing Marvel Superheroes 1 and they sure got their moneys worth out of the like four voice actors they hired :v:

More seriously, playing it after Incredibles really highlighted just how rough and unrefined it was. The flying in the hub area especially was complete garbage (but perfectly fine in levels, somehow). I love randomly flying into the air because I clipped a thing, spontaneously landing because the ground sloped up or getting stuck on a wall because I rocketed into it apropos of nothing. Really even something as simple as not being able to use the right analogue stick to ascend/descend felt like a weird omission. It's not a big deal, at the end of the day, since it never really impacted any of the time trials too much but it was just annoying enough to stand out.

I'm sure it'll be better in 2 though, surely.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Skywalker Saga just got a patch with some important bugfixes and extra capital ships. If anyone's quit because of the Maz Kanata gamestopping bug, now might be a good time to try again.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Funnily enough, Skywalker saga and marvel 1 are the games I've been juggling with my kid. We got stuck on maz so had one save file with a lot of unlocks and eps 1-6 done, then another save for 7-9. Just rushed the story again and spent the evening unlocking the gonk droid and gonk ship and my kindergartner is absolutely delighted

As to marvel, the flying is indeed atrocious. It's otherwise my favorite of the 3 marvels but we've only played the story modes for the most part. Really reminded me just how limited the X-Men power sets are compared to the avengers doing everything at once

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I remember back in the old days of the original Star Wars and Harry Potter games when 100%ing them was something you could do in one sitting over a chill afternoon. I don't know when exactly that changed, but I would bet it was the first game that went open-world.

MSH2 was way too big. Maybe if it was more varied it wouldn't be too bad but the sheer quantity of it combined with the tiny number of things to actually do in practice made it just kind of a slog after a while. I probably should have just stopped a lot earlier in hindsight and wouldn't recommend it. And, yes, I did all the DLC too but that was cheap and frankly brisk so I didn't mind that as much.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i like the open world stuff a hell of a lot more than going back through levels trying to get minikits and accidentally triggering the start of the next section so i can't go back to get them

the problem is that gold bricks are often just complete chores, especially the 'go talk to someone' ones. characters are fun to get, same with vehicles.

Jows
May 8, 2002

I could swear last night when I was considering Skywalker Saga the character packs were all listed as free, but the season pass still had a price, which confused me. I look now and they're all listed at $2.99. Was there some promo that ran out?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lotus Aura posted:

I remember back in the old days of the original Star Wars and Harry Potter games when 100%ing them was something you could do in one sitting over a chill afternoon. I don't know when exactly that changed, but I would bet it was the first game that went open-world.

how long are your afternoons??

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

raditts posted:

how long are your afternoons??

They probably live on Mercury.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lego racers was really underrated imo

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gaius Marius posted:

Lego racers was really underrated imo
who underrated it

it was the best lego game and I can hear the music in my ears to this day.....

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Let's not get crazy in a world where Lego Island exists.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I planned to spend the rainy day methodically sorting Legos and suddenly, the small table I was using was reappropriated and became the "city dump" with vehicles pushing the pieces around in giant messes. Oh well I guess

I did get some basic sorting done and realized I have an insane amount of 2x6 plates. Any idea how to use them for minifig scale buildings? We need a lot more buildings than we have right now, and I used up pretty much all my 1x4/1x6s on an apartment tower

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 20, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Really cool new site with loads of design docs for the original Lego Island
https://brickstobytes.org/games/lego-island

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I wish the Lego games still used the dynamic splitscreen for local coop, it was the best! Now that they are going for third person shooter style controls for aiming they have to use an always split of the screen :/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1637861866931118089

a Lego Racers game is coming out :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Actually looks pretty dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DIw0tt-je0