Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Hello Sailor posted:

looks like you just outed yourself as non-human

Don't think I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

BigBadSteve posted:

Call an rear end in a top hat an rear end in a top hat IMO, irrelevant of their genetics and upbringing. gently caress political correctness.

fresh_cheese posted:

Mocking people for what they are is not ok.

Mocking people for what they do is fine.

I'm somewhere in the middle.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

BigBadSteve posted:

Call an rear end in a top hat an rear end in a top hat IMO, irrelevant of their genetics and upbringing. gently caress political correctness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93_Ojn_sTfk

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

STABASS posted:

let me try and explain this OP: basically there is a concept about "punching up or down." essentially what this means is that, if someone is taller than you and you have to aim your fist upwards to punch them, you are "punching up" which is ok. conversely, if the person is shorter and you have to aim downwards, you are "punching down" which is not ok. there are some workarounds to this. if someone is shorter than you, but you manage to catch them in a position where they are above you (they are standing above you on a staircase, you trick them into standing on top of a box, etc.), you are now in a "punching up" situation and you are free to act accordingly. theoretically you can also lower yourself by squatting down to punch them, but many consider this a moral grey area so I cannot recommend that technique. that's pretty much the basics, feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

what if you're both on escalators moving in opposite directions

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Aim to be the dumbest motherfucker in the room and you can't really punch down in that scenario

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Dell_Zincht posted:

what if you're both on escalators moving in opposite directions

Joust!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BigBadSteve posted:

whoa watch out for this badasses new stand up special called too correct to be cancelled

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

With whatever you have to hand? Would a rolled up newspaper be a fair weapon to use against a freshly baked baguette, say?

Using a cucumber would be cheating, surely

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Hemophiliac guys afraid to wipe their rear end in fear of drawing blood

------------------------------------------------------ <-- LINE IS HERE

Homophobic guys afraid to wipe their rear end in fear of drawing gay

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Because there isn't a feet store?

Some goon was buying feet or legs maybe and doing science crap to them. Rad daddio? Ergo there must be a foot store.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

search engine posted:

However, if you look in the donate thread there are people who are equating laughing at the lawsuit with "mocking the mentally ill" and it seems like a real stretch to me

IDK OP try asking those guys

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Interesting, because you could have chosen less mocking words here...

oh my god what is wrong with you

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

There's a doco about a guy with Downe's Syndrome who knows hes getting special treatment and abuses it. Cant remember the name.

Jefftowne. $.99 on amazon.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
mocking people is wrong when they're so dumb you just look dumb mocking them because of how dumb they are

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Private Cumshoe posted:

mocking people is wrong when they're so dumb you just look dumb mocking them because of how dumb they are

I'd just like you all to remember this post before you reply to me in the future.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Harriet Tubman looks so sour and grumpy in all her pictures it's surprising she is as famous as she is.

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
I think if it's playful, it's okay. If they're open to it and or have a chance to respond, light jokes can be a fun game. It's play fighting. A ton of people but but men especially take that poo poo wayyyyyy too far and it becomes just straight up violence with actual consequences.

If you're mocking someone that doesn't want to be mocked, yeah I guess they're not really willing to play with you and maybe they're unfriendly but you're still being a dick.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's not "playfighting", it's an existential battle for pride, honor and the american way!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
When the sentiment is funny not because of who said it, it's not punching down. If the sentiment is funny because of who said it, it's gotta punch up.

"Many users do not like or want me posting." is funny regardless of who is saying it.

"Keep my wife's name out of your loving mouth." is funny because of who said it. It isn't funny on its own.

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
I try not to mock people for things they are, and only comment on what they do or say. In that vein, I'm slowly getting rid of descriptors like "crazy" and "stupid" - replacing them with things like "absurd" and "foolish", which are the more accurate words to use anyway.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

oh my god what is wrong with you

it's Greg of Doom, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
The less comfortable I am with my audience, the further down I’ll draw the line.

That is to say I mock different people with my best friends than I would with someone who sits across from me at work.