Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

what kinda jeans

guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

numberoneposter posted:

what kinda jeans

Ones that are blue.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Apple bottom jeans

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm not even sure I like chili dogs as I've never had one (which you would know if you've been following all my threads).

If this is true, you should definitely spend your refund on chili dogs. Not all of your refund necessarily. $600 worth of chili dogs should give you the general idea.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Banana bottom jeans :heysexy:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

syntaxfunction posted:

Same in Australia. Literally everything is precalculated, you're basically checking you agree with it and adding any deductions for things like fuel etc you want. It's easy as poo poo.

Apparently America is completely in the cock-cage of TurboTax tho which is lol that an entire country has a complicated process because it benefits a corporation. Very fitting.

Don't forget the absurd number of tax loopholes that allow billionaires and corporations to not pay a loving thing because they cook the books to show a net loss.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

what kinda jeans

Straight fit, medium wash

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Prof. Crocodile posted:

If this is true, you should definitely spend your refund on chili dogs. Not all of your refund necessarily. $600 worth of chili dogs should give you the general idea.
make danger dogs

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/danger-dogs-with-spicy-fruit-relish-2371798

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TBH the only real jeans worth wearing are assless chaps.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i like my chaps assfull

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Straight fit, medium wash
what brand jfc

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

you can't tax me I am a FREEMAN OF THE LAND

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

TBH the only real jeans worth wearing are assless chaps.
ALL CHAPS ARE ASSLESS JFC

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

what brand jfc

You writing a book? https://www.theperfectjean.nyc

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

you can't tax me I am a FREEMAN OF THE LAND

Please step into taxing chamber Mr. Freeeman

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I'm not getting a refund.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm not getting a refund.

Then buy $300 worth of chili dogs. This isn’t exactly rocket science op.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
my coworker buddy owes $15k, because of an inheritance and a house sale.

he's upset. I told him though, if you just call them and talk to them, they're willing to take 50 dollars a month, for the rest of your life.

I owed $5k one year, and I paid it off by 100 bucks a month for like 4 years or whatever

As long as they get a little taste, they'll keep coming back

i specifically even remember the IRS person be like it can be just $20 dollars a month or whatever.

I think once you owe over like an exorbitant amount like $100k, you can't do payment plans.

e- Oh wait, it wasn't 4 years, because they keep your tax return if you were going to get a check in those years you owe. I normally get around 2k, so it was probably like 2-3 years.

HD DAD posted:

Yeah, the IRS is actually chill as gently caress as long as you at least somewhat agree to play ball

agreed

\/\/\/\/\/\/

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 21, 2022

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, the IRS is actually chill as gently caress as long as you at least somewhat agree to play ball

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

If you’re itemizing your deductions and still doing your own taxes, this is a great opportunity to send business to a women/minority owned tax business with no cost to yourself (fully deductible).

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I slept on buying these ridiculous pants and now they are sold out https://www.goopi.co/products/tightbooth-denim-baggy-slacks-blue

thank god

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

is the OP seriously hyped about getting a router? I'm too busy looking at a chili dog

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Weka posted:

Wtf is up with America not being able to just tax people easily? Why do you have to fill out a form or get some lovely company to do it for you? Is this a normal thing other countries do? Like here in NZ your employer just takes enough money out of your paycheck and because our tax department has a computer or something it's normally pretty accurate.
This is a genuine question by the way, I'm sure there's some probably stupid reason.

There are tax consequences for a variety of things. Selling stock at a profit in a taxable account for example, or withdrawing from an IRA (and especially if it’s an early withdrawal) since those accounts are tax deferred (well a traditional IRA is anyway). These are normally not tied to your employer or your paycheck.

Then there are things like tax credits for adopting a child or adding solar panels to your house as incentives, which is also not tied to your employer.

Also the ten million ways one can have taxable income that comes from places other than your employer.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

AHH F/UGH posted:

is the OP seriously hyped about getting a router? I'm too busy looking at a chili dog

Short answer? It's not just about the item but about spending a decent amount of time looking and finally being successful finding that thing I wanted. Also I wouldn't really say I'm "hyped".

Longer answer? That switch is what I want so that I can run ethernet to my computer while still using my power over ethernet access point. I don't want more cords in my room if I can avoid it. Putting it outside the room might be acceptable but my room is plaster and has a habit of killing wifi singles. The ethernet is "important" to decrease latency for steam link. Surely there are other poe pass through access points! Yeah there are. I found what appeared to be some generic one, and one that uses passive poe so it would probably damage my desktops ethernet port as it'd send power to something that isn't designed for that. Might do even more damage I'm not really sure.

LuckyCat posted:

There are tax consequences for a variety of things. Selling stock at a profit in a taxable account for example, or withdrawing from an IRA (and especially if it’s an early withdrawal) since those accounts are tax deferred (well a traditional IRA is anyway). These are normally not tied to your employer or your paycheck.

Then there are things like tax credits for adopting a child or adding solar panels to your house as incentives, which is also not tied to your employer.

Also the ten million ways one can have taxable income that comes from places other than your employer.

I agree the government should stop taxing the selling of stonks; my chicken tendies!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 21, 2022

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Duck and Cover posted:

Longer answer? That switch is what I want so that I can run ethernet to my computer while still using my power over ethernet access point. I don't want more cords in my room if I can avoid it. Putting it outside the room might be acceptable but my room is plaster and has a habit of killing wifi singles. The ethernet is "important" to decrease latency for steam link. Surely there are other poe pass through access points! Yeah there are. I found what appeared to be some generic one, and one that uses passive poe so it would possibly/probably damage my desktops ethernet as it'd send power to something that isn't designed for that.

comcast gave me my modem :downs:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

AHH F/UGH posted:

comcast gave me my modem :downs:

Are you sure you aren't renting it?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

maybe! I don't know, I just pay money

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

kntfkr posted:

I slept on buying these ridiculous pants and now they are sold out https://www.goopi.co/products/tightbooth-denim-baggy-slacks-blue

thank god

dang, I want you to have those. What a fit!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

White or black subwoofer? I'm leaning towards white.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

LuckyCat posted:

Yes, these are certainly all unique to the US, dingus

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

:eyepop:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Duck and Cover posted:

White or black subwoofer? I'm leaning towards white.

What’s the surrounding decor like?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

What’s the surrounding decor like?

White desk legs, "ambrosia" maple desk, black computer stuff with the exception of my keyboard. It's' going under the desk. Walnut bed next to the desk. Really ugly sponged seafoam walls. I think black is safer and never really going to be wrong but I think I like white better right now.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Ever since Trump's tax cuts, our taxes have gone up significantly and our refund is less than half of what it was in the past. (Teachers used to be able to deduct the cost of stuff we buy for the classroom. Now we are limited to $250, which is about what we spend in a single month.)

I'll be buying a new drive for my computer, so I can go back to using the powerful machine, and not the step-above-chromebook I'm using now.

That and we will be going on vacation again. It's been a while, thanks to COVID.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Genesplicer posted:

Ever since Trump's tax cuts, our taxes have gone up significantly and our refund is less than half of what it was in the past. (Teachers used to be able to deduct the cost of stuff we buy for the classroom. Now we are limited to $250, which is about what we spend in a single month.)

I'll be buying a new drive for my computer, so I can go back to using the powerful machine, and not the step-above-chromebook I'm using now.

That and we will be going on vacation again. It's been a while, thanks to COVID.

Holy poo poo look at this teacher bragging that they go on vacations. You really have it easy don't you? All you have to do is not buy materials for the classroom. Your job isn't to educate your job is to watch the children so that the adults can work. I mean yeah I think we should probably just do away with that and have the children work too but some anti American communists are against the idea.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Yes, these are certainly all unique to the US, dingus

I never even mention the US

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

LuckyCat posted:

I never even mention the US

You responded directly to this quote, “Wtf is up with America not being able to just tax people easily?”

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was more responding in the sense of “here’s actually what adults need to consider” than a geographical response. It sounded like that poster thinks the only taxes owed come from one source.

E: and how the gently caress would I know how other countries do their taxes. I went off that posters implication. They suggested the only taxes considered in their country came from their employer.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Genesplicer posted:

I was lucky enough to have to do a new W2 right when the new tax structure went into place and I have my taxes effectively zeroed out. First year was a bitch, though, since I was used to getting a bit of a refund only to find that nope, I'm just about dead even.

I'm curious as to whether the increase in the standard deduction ended up helping or hurting most people. There were years in the past where I had to panic and donate a bunch avoid to avoid owing and I'm not sure how that stuff works anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

LuckyCat posted:

“here’s actually what adults need to consider”

Going from stupid, to condescending. Nice.