Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Sex Farm posted:

I am lonely

:same:

I went on a big solo road trip through the southwest last week which was pretty awesome but cried several time because I realized how I’ve set up my life where I spend a lot of my time alone, and I try and defend it to myself as being independent, but that’s kind of BS. I really just spend a lot of time alone, drinking too much, getting fat, and not seeking out the relationships that could bring me happiness because I have a massive fear of people leaving probably because that’s what my dad did when I was a little kid. Oh and I’m still hung up on the last person I did let into my life fully because she did exactly what I was afraid of!

Anyways, probably need to get back on antidepressants and get into some therapy again. The one thing that trip really helped with was realizing how loving exhausting it is to constantly berate and feel bad about yourself.

Comedians do help me remember that I’m not alone in this and that, in the right context, depression is pretty funny really.
https://youtu.be/uBKBi5C6oMI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

Clicked this thread

Read this post.

Katamari Democracy posted:

I have only cried at work twice. Once during training because I had to learn a 5 months training course in about a month and scared I would be loving up.

Then today a year later because work has just gotten absolutely insane. And its because I found a major problem.

Kinda pulling my hair out and trying my best to relax and play videogames to unwind. But I cant stop thinking about it.

Yeah, I'm going through something similar right now, the training in one month instead of five definitely sound familiar.
Maybe I didn't cry about it, although I think I get why workplace murders happen now.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Sat on my balls

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Bread tie went straight into the meat underneath my fingernail. Guy next to me even asked what was wrong. He gave me a supportive, "ouch".

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
bc life is meaningless suffering, op.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Doesn't that just make you crack a smile and laugh?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
About 20 years ago I started babysitting for two families, I met the parents when I was a college student, and they were professors, and ended up being a nanny / babysitter for both of them. I was very close to the families and the kids were young, and watched one family for 5 days a week for about 2 years. Of course is the kids got older and went into kindergarten and school, I saw them a lot less, sometimes only once a month. One family's two daughters graduated last december, and about a year ago, and I've had very little contact with them other than online. But it's still fun to see them at college, in another country, living their best life.

The oldest of the other family just graduated high school yesterday. When I texted her to congratulate her, she thanked me for being such an important part of her life, and that she knew I didn't have to keep much contact with them after I was no longer the babysitter, but still made attempts to keep involved, taking them to the zoo, having fun art days, and always making sure they got birthday and Christmas presents, that I didn't need to do any of that but I did, and so I am the coolest person she knows.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Congrats on getting out of a toxic environment, OP. Good luck on your next job / job search.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
I cry when angels deserve to die

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
i have a friend that is currently in a downward spiral, and nothing i do seems to help.

another friend is stuck in a loveless marriage

i had a large amount of work on a project basically taken from me. that was more just rage.

i thnk i forgot to take my meds last night.

it's a lovely day. I haven't quite cried, but my eyes are very wet and i'm trying not to think it

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
i don't cry unless i'm in the arms of the woman i love.
then i go all roy batty.

basically what i'm saying is i'm never going to cry again.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the trick when you feel a cry coming on is to simply feel better.

this won’t work on tears of joy, however. there may be no solution to that one.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

I had a brief and awkward text conversation with someone who I used to be really close to last night. It was her 40th birthday recently. Wasn't there but I sent a card, probably more out of obligation than anything. This person and I were close. I called her my best friend. Thought the world of her. She really helped me at some important times. Of course for various reasons the dynamic changed quite a bit, and I wouldn't say we're even remotely close anymore. Lots of anger and hurt, etc. Like when you start to just calcify towards someone because they found a way to hurt you in a way you never knew you could be hurt. And you lose something in that process of calcification, until you realize that what you miss as much as that person is the part of you you let yourself be around them. And you can't really have either back, because that's life sometimes.

Anyway, I'd cry over that relationship, if I let myself anymore.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

listening to raw silk uncut wood by laurel halo on a decent amount of shrooms in a beach chair on grand isle with the waves hitting my feet, looking out at the gulf of mexico and the 100s of oil platforms.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
*gestures vaguely at the current state of the world*

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I'm very depressed and in pain all the time (migraines and nerve issues in my hands/forearms) and really stressed at work, but what put me over the edge was that my microwave broke and I couldn't make oatmeal this morning.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

just to be clear, IMO if you aren't ever crying, that probably isn't any better than crying all the time. That poo poo is a release, and at least for me, when I didn't allow that release, it led to a series of panic attacks Have yourselves a good cry.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
i took a really huge poo poo

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I'm very depressed and in pain all the time (migraines and nerve issues in my hands/forearms) and really stressed at work, but what put me over the edge was that my microwave broke and I couldn't make oatmeal this morning.

also you moderate pyf.

i am truley sorry for your lots.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I didnt cry and in fact I never cry cause im not a total PUSSY

*dies of alcohol poisoning*

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

je1 healthcare posted:

I didnt cry and in fact I never cry cause im not a total PUSSY

*dies of alcohol poisoning*

This post is prejudiced, you can totally be a crying pussy and still drink yourself to death.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Bad Purchase posted:

the trick when you feel a cry coming on is to simply feel better.

this won’t work on tears of joy, however. there may be no solution to that one.

Just feel worse if you're about to joy cry

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Nigmaetcetera posted:

This post is prejudiced, you can totally be a crying pussy and still drink yourself to death.

Can confirm 100%

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I watched the end of terminator 2

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i haven't cried but one of my friends from high school passed out midsentence ten days ago and they're taking her off life support today and she will die and I don't feel good about it

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

kntfkr posted:

i haven't cried but one of my friends from high school passed out midsentence ten days ago and they're taking her off life support today and she will die and I don't feel good about it

Stroke? Burst aneurysm?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Talking to my therapist about ADHD coaching and how all my previous experiences with treatment for ADHD have basically been "make more lists and if you can't make lists take prescription meth until you can."

There's more to it than that but holy poo poo both 1990s ADHD treatment and current pop psychology ADHD treatments are more dehumanizing than just living with being a chaotic gremlin who can't remember to file taxes on time and has to pay late fees.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Strumpie posted:

also you moderate pyf.

i am truley sorry for your lots.

I haven't cried about moderating since we go rid of the Sagas thread.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Why the hell did I click this thread

Ugh
I'm already sad all the time

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I cry when I don't want to, but when I feel the need for a good cry, I can't :(

loving eye water. I'll give you something to cry about.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Spinz posted:

Why the hell did I click this thread

Ugh
I'm already sad all the time

it's called 'cruisin for a bruisin' and we do it when we want to punish ourselves and/or feel alive.
yeehaw! :yeeclaw:

alternatively we could cuddle but i'll fight you if you want.
i'll fight anyone.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
just shed some jizz tears out of my dickhole

shurnarkabtishutu
Jun 20, 2016

tearz of da goon

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

About 20 years ago I started babysitting for two families, I met the parents when I was a college student, and they were professors, and ended up being a nanny / babysitter for both of them. I was very close to the families and the kids were young, and watched one family for 5 days a week for about 2 years. Of course is the kids got older and went into kindergarten and school, I saw them a lot less, sometimes only once a month. One family's two daughters graduated last december, and about a year ago, and I've had very little contact with them other than online. But it's still fun to see them at college, in another country, living their best life.

The oldest of the other family just graduated high school yesterday. When I texted her to congratulate her, she thanked me for being such an important part of her life, and that she knew I didn't have to keep much contact with them after I was no longer the babysitter, but still made attempts to keep involved, taking them to the zoo, having fun art days, and always making sure they got birthday and Christmas presents, that I didn't need to do any of that but I did, and so I am the coolest person she knows.

I'm crying at how incredibly loving creepy and hosed up this sounds not gonna lie when I tell you I thought this was going to turn into a 'Full House' parody post.
Gross.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I had a brief and awkward text conversation with someone who I used to be really close to last night. It was her 40th birthday recently. Wasn't there but I sent a card, probably more out of obligation than anything. This person and I were close. I called her my best friend. Thought the world of her. She really helped me at some important times. Of course for various reasons the dynamic changed quite a bit, and I wouldn't say we're even remotely close anymore. Lots of anger and hurt, etc. Like when you start to just calcify towards someone because they found a way to hurt you in a way you never knew you could be hurt. And you lose something in that process of calcification, until you realize that what you miss as much as that person is the part of you you let yourself be around them. And you can't really have either back, because that's life sometimes.

Anyway, I'd cry over that relationship, if I let myself anymore.

Why are you texting or contacting someone like this you loving creep?
Don't do that.
What the gently caress is wrong with you people?

"I knew this would disturb them and cause me an infinite spiral of melancholy at the very least and so, ever the optimist, I did it." gently caress off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

blight rhino posted:

i have a friend that is currently in a downward spiral, and nothing i do seems to help.

another friend is stuck in a loveless marriage

Problem solved. Next.

quote:

i thnk i forgot to take my meds last night.

it's a lovely day.

Next

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

My Mexican pizza was in the bottom of the ‘Bell bag and got crushed.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i em extremely powerful and strong willed and the only time i have ever cried was the first 10 minutes of Up

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

It's graduating season and my first batch of seniors are out the door this week and the line from "Francis forever" by mitski that goes: "autumn comes when you're not yet done with the summer passing by" just caught me right in the middle age.

BUG JUG fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Stroke? Burst aneurysm?

sounds like maybe alcoholism + maybe eating disorder no one knew about. severely depleted potassium & magnesium levels + enlarged heart. brain lost oxygen for 10-15 minutes.... they eased her off sedation and she never wound up responding to stimuli so pulled the plug.

i would like to cry and have been listening to radio cure by wilco cuz that song usually does it but i'm like too exhausted or something