Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Megathread is the best?
This poll is closed.
TBMUP! 16 12.70%
Succ 10 7.94%
Glenn's right 8 6.35%
Cum Warriors 4 3.17%
Doomsday Econ 10 7.94%
Covid 52 41.27%
Biosphere 11 8.73%
Musk 4 3.17%
Stewie Griffin Politics 7 5.56%
Epstein 4 3.17%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

speng31b
May 8, 2010

covid thread k/o jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
they have a lot of money sitting around since covid is over and they don't have to buy PPE anymore

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
covid thread - reoccurring

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

for "bump this thread every time you remember that mike pence hosed a horse"

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

So uh, there's maybe a clear winner here. We are thinking of what to offer for 2nd and 3rd prizes unless Jeff drops a bitcoin on a specific thread and makes 1st prize a competition again. I'll update the thread soon with what we come up with.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

they have a lot of money sitting around since covid is over and they don't have to buy PPE anymore

:wrong: The liters of vaccine in our veins provide superior 5G reception which allows us to work multiple WfH jobs wherever we are.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

tokin opposition posted:

yeah now that we don't have to fund COVID we can pursue other good causes :yaycloud:

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Shiroc posted:

A tiny fraction of my weekly DoorDash budget as a never going outside doomer from the covid thread

goddamn

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
put it towards the video games thread. we must activate the gamers....their are only hope to beatikng the covid thread death star....

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Homeless Friend posted:

put it towards the video games thread. we must activate the gamers....their are only hope to beatikng the covid thread death star....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjVmeKWOsEU

mahler_biryani
Jan 28, 2023
covid thread

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
covid is back baby

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Tiler Kiwi posted:

covid is back baby

:haibrow:

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

'Playtime is over', I say, as I grab a brick of bills...

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Because of issues with PayPal and its link to the fund's bank account, I've been giving people $ from my personal account with the agreement we'd reimburse it. But because of a settlement I got from Verizon, I have some extra cash. So!

I hereby donate $501 to the Goon Fund via canceling that much that the Fund owes me. Supreme Court OUTRAGED at the debt jubilee I have done unilaterally.

I am donating this on behalf of the "organize your workplace" thread aka the union thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW_1hP0SHSQ

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
It's not much, but it's what I was giving to the previous fund's Patreon and I'll be giving this every month via Venmo to save on fees for y'all.

I know there's no chance it'll win but give my points to the Space & Spaceflight thread in SAL

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

go ahead and mark the epstein thread down for another negative one hundred.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

For all the tireless work done by posters in the Epstein thread

The first is one-time, the second is monthly

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

CURRENT STANDINGS:
1. COVID THREAD (9999 Points)
2. ORGANIZE YOUR WORKSPACE THREAD (501 Points)
3-T. BRO ZONE (500 Points)
3-T. IMP ZONE WF (500 Points)
3-T. AL SAQR'S WARHAMMER FIGURINES (500 Points)
6-T. SUCC ZONE (200 Points)
6-T. VIDEO GAMES (200 Points)
8. SEATTLE LAN THREAD (40 Points)
9. MIKE PENCED hosed A HORSE (25 Points)
10. STEWIE GRIFFIN POLITICS THREAD (20 Points)
11. gently caress CARS THREAD (10 Points)
12. SPACE AND SPACEFLIGHT (5 Points)
LAST PLACE. EPSTEIN THREAD (-420 points)

Short of a miracle from any other thread, it's safe to say that Covid is back and spreading like wildfire across CSPAM. We've had a mild case of aid come from the covid thread over the last week and it's been wonderful for us to be able to fully fill requests and even finally catch up our backlog from the interim. I haven't counted out exactly how much we got from the COVID thread yet and I don't plan to unless another thread breaks $2K since I like the 9999 joke.

For 2nd and 3rd prizes, we want to offer those threads the opportunity to request our artist, Kiwi Tiler, to create smilies for those threads. We had another plan in mind, but we need some admin support and they have been busy taking care of the imgur issue. This way, people can still contribute as the races for 2nd and 3rd place are WIDE open, even if first is uh, a foregone conclusion.

As well, for our final week of fundraising, I wanted to provide a fun extra way for people to contribute to their thread without having to put funds in. KCW forgave his debt, and I'd like to do the same for $300. I will give 200 points to the person who makes the most NEW threads in CSPAM that get at least 20 replies. I will give 100 points to the runner up. Let me know you plan to enter and what thread you are pledging for.

really queer Christmas has issued a correction as of 05:36 on Apr 24, 2023

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Shouldn't the Space and Spaceflight thread also be on the board from vortmax?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shiroc posted:

Shouldn't the Space and Spaceflight thread also be on the board from vortmax?

yup, missed it. thanks for catching that.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
One last punctuation and bump for the final weekend of the drive in the name of the Moon covid thread

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Guess no one was interested in the contest. Either way, only one more day left for some crazy person to drop like 3K to make the covid thread nervous. Please remember 2nd and 3rd place threads do get to have a custom smiley made for them. Which is currently

2. ORGANIZE YOUR WORKSPACE THREAD (501 Points)

&

8. SEATTLE LAN THREAD (40 Points)

That's right, ties cancel! The logjam at 3rd and 6th means Seattle LAN thread somehow goes to third. One last day if you want to change this!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

really queer Christmas posted:

some crazy person to drop like 3K

wow, mean

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

seattle thread winning by an obnoxious technicality is such a perfect fit

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Stewie is winning

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
last minute moves

until midnight CT tonight, I'll match the next $500 of donations with points going to whatever thread you donate on behalf of

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

You traitorous scoundrel! :argh:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
praxis!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Do I game the system by giving $500 more in the name of covid 🤔

AzzaccaRye
Dec 9, 2020

COVID thread. Recurring

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

One-time, for the NBA thread.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Making use of the rest of fosborb's match offer in the name of the Covid Thread Annex, Seattle LAN

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

21 to the NBA thread

479 to the Seattle LAN

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
i didn't specify clearly enough, so sure, 20 ongoing for covid thread too

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Really shows what we’ve learned from covid these three years about running up the big numbers from a large number of people and a few superspreaders.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

FINAL STANDINGS:
1. COVID THREAD (9999 Points)
2. SEATTLE LAN THREAD (1019 Points)
3. ORGANIZE YOUR WORKSPACE THREAD (501 Points)
4-T. BRO ZONE (500 Points)
4-T. IMP ZONE WF (500 Points)
4-T. AL SAQR'S WARHAMMER FIGURINES (500 Points)
7. EPSTEIN THREAD (320 Points)
8-T. SUCC ZONE (200 Points)
8-T. VIDEO GAMES (200 Points)
10. NBA THREAD (42 Points)
11. MIKE PENCE hosed A HORSE (25 Points)
12. STEWIE GRIFFIN POLITICS THREAD (20 Points)
13. gently caress CARS THREAD (10 Points)
14. SPACE AND SPACEFLIGHT (5 Points)

It is not really a shock at this point but the covid thread easily takes first place. I'll try and remember to count up the exact amount of points earned but for now it's still firmly in the metric shitton territory. Covid thread so thoroughly dominated this fundraiser that they even put money down to influence second place - turning the Seattle thread from a third place by technicality to a clear second place.

As such, the prizes go to the following threads

COVID THREAD - A commissioned art piece designating them as #1 thread in CSPAM.

SEATTLE LAN THREAD - Their choice of a custom smiley/emote

ORGANIZING THREAD - Their choice of a custom smiley/emote

The committee is very very thankful to all who have participated no matter how big (shiroc) or small your contribution to the fund was. I hope everyone had fun and got to feel good about helping your fellow goons with food and medicine money. If anyone has any ideas for future fundraisers, let one of us know or feel free to brainstorm ITT until I close the thread sometime this week.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

stewie won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

seattle proven the most c-spam city