Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Game still has two more spots free!

EDIT: Snipe. But it's starting on Monday one way or the other, so buckle up :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Dropping out of this, sorry.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

saladscooper posted:

A story prominently featuring a timeloop that turns out to have been a romance the whole time? Sure I will play groundhog day mafia

Why didn't anyone tell me there was a Groundhog Day Mafia, that's like my favourite movie ever

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
I'm in!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
It's the day of the Ushiromiya Family Conference, and the family, plus some servants, plus various magical creatures invisible to the human eye, have assembled. The atmosphere is tense as usual, as various grievances are aired and everybody tries to one-up one another and figure out a way to profit from this conference. The head of the family has locked himself in his study, where only the occasional scream of "BEATORIIIIIIICHE!" can be heard. At least the dinner is still delicious!

Later, as by some strange coincidence every person on the island is assembled in the living room, the lights suddenly go out. A few second later, they turn back on and, to their great surprise, an envelope bearing the seal of the one-winged eagle has appeared on the table.

quote:

Behold the sweetfish river running through my beloved hometown.
You who seek the Golden Land, follow its path downstream in search of the key.

As you travel down it, you will see a village.
In that village, look for the shore the two will tell you of.
There sleeps the key to the Golden Land.

The one who obtains the key must then travel to the Golden Land in accordance with these rules.

On the first twilight, offer the six chosen by the key as sacrifices.
On the second twilight, those who remain shall tear apart the two who are close.
On the third twilight, those who remain shall praise my noble name.
On the fourth twilight, gouge the head and kill.
On the fifth twilight, gouge the chest and kill.
On the sixth twilight, gouge the stomach and kill.
On the seventh twilight, gouge the knee and kill.
On the eighth twilight, gouge the leg and kill.
On the ninth twilight, the witch shall revive, and none shall be left alive.
On the tenth twilight, at journey's end, you shall attain to the power of the Golden Land's treasures, once and for the last time.

The witch shall praise the wise and bestow four treasures.
One shall be all the gold from the Golden Land.
One shall be the resurrection of all the dead souls.
One shall be the resurrection of the love that was lost.
One shall be to put the witch to sleep for all time.

Sleep peacefully, my beloved witch, Beatrice.

Rather confused about this, the assembled people begin to argue...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwsrvCQ2XrA
Video info: Main character Battler Ushiromiya singing about his passionate love for breasts.

It is now Day 1.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (22): AFancyQuestionMark, Bifauxnen, CubicalSucrose, Deadmeat5150, Hyper Crab Tank, Ignatius M. Meen, Illusionis, Infinitum, Jadecore, Johnny Keats, Lampsacus, Maugrim, Mr. Humalong, mycelia, PlasticAutomaton, Quackles, saladscooper, Stunt Rock, Tired Moritz, WindwardAway, wologar, Zoya

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 23rd, 2023 at 10 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
"One shall be the resurrection of all the dead souls.
One shall be the resurrection of the love that was lost."

Is that second one not captured by the first? I feel like the witch is only bestowing three treasures.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Well, the dinner was delicious. That's the important part.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
The love lost is not the people who have died.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I don't think we should pay much attention to the letter. Probably just someone's rude prank. Beatrice is just a legend. She doesn't exist.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/lpIz21F.mp4

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Gouging the knee? That just sounds impractical.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Now that the game has opened I'll start reading the let's play, so that my knowledge of the setting will increase in concert with my masterful solving of the mystery before us.

Or I'll get executed day 1 again ZOYA

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Early claim, I do NOT have any twilight actions.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
We should dunk the butler(s) imo

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
And buttler too

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cloacamazing! posted:

Video info: Main character Battler Ushiromiya singing about his passionate love for breasts.

It is now Day 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dI6fLQzqFs

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Illusionis posted:

And buttler too

I agree, this Battler character seems off

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok campers, rise and shine

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote Ill

For having to read obs chat in the last 3 games I've been in goiing "I get Inf and Ill confused"

Don't even know the bloke

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Quackles posted:

Well, the dinner was delicious. That's the important part.

The dinner was NOT delicious, I'll have you know that my soup was lukewarm! LUKEWARM!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

In real life, i try my best to write short stories. but in this game, i'm considered an author of some sort wupwup! :) (this is sort of a theme claim, although I do have a 'writing' related night time action).

hullo all! lets umineko!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
anyone with an investigative role, if your results aren't in red don't trust them

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
No, it should be in blue. All kills can be explained by small bombs.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

I don't think we should pay much attention to the letter. Probably just someone's rude prank. Beatrice is just a legend. She doesn't exist.

##vote ‽

Clearly, magic is real and you should feel bad for implying otherwise. :colbert:

Lampsacus posted:

In real life, i try my best to write short stories. but in this game, i'm considered an author of some sort wupwup! :) (this is sort of a theme claim, although I do have a 'writing' related night time action).

What color is your hair?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Lampsacus posted:

hullo all! lets umineko!

getting into the lategame spoilers already wow

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Infinitum posted:

##vote Ill

For having to read obs chat in the last 3 games I've been in goiing "I get Inf and Ill confused"

Don't even know the bloke

There can be only one I ##vote Inf

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I was informed my vote was not picked up by votefinder. It was mostly a joke vote anyway, though.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

##vote ‽

Clearly, magic is real and you should feel bad for implying otherwise. :colbert:

What color is your hair?
in real life my hair is brown-blonde. yours?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

In real life? Same. In this game, a sleek, elegant black. How about you?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

In real life? Same. In this game, a sleek, elegant black. How about you?
hipster purple hell yeah

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

##vote HCT

I don't like rolefishing.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Technically that was flavor fishing.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Technically that was flavor fishing.

Yeah, but something tells me the flavor is relevant to the role in this game. At least, it seems like it will be for most characters.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

WindwardAway posted:

Yeah, but something tells me the flavor is relevant to the role in this game. At least, it seems like it will be for most characters.

I do have a suspicion that flavor might be relevant, but in this particular case, I think it reflects well on Lampsacus. Don't you think so?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Idk what my flavor have to do with my role tbh

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I do have a suspicion that flavor might be relevant, but in this particular case, I think it reflects well on Lampsacus. Don't you think so?

Yes, and that's exactly why I think fishing for his flavor was bad. Although tbf, I've played other Umineko-themed games (offsite) and flavor was role-relevant but not alignment-indicative.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Mechanically speaking I don't think my role has much to do with my flavor either, for what that's worth. There is one part clearly flavor-inspired but that could really have gone many different ways and there's no particular reason I can see why it went this way.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

WindwardAway posted:

Yes, and that's exactly why I think fishing for his flavor was bad. Although tbf, I've played other Umineko-themed games (offsite) and flavor was role-relevant but not alignment-indicative.

I mean, there are only two characters who can plausibly be called writers. I'm not sure it makes that much of a difference which one Lamp is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

maybe i'm... the writer of Umineko: Ryukishi07 themself :o :o

🐟