Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

CubicalSucrose posted:

Didn't think Cena read through Galaxy Sane, but in a hilarious turn of events I'm actually a Random Cop.

(A cop in Mafia is a role that will typically let you target a player at night and learn their alignment/team. Usually it's a role given to players on the Uninformed Majority team.)

(Sanity is a mechanic that is disliked by many, infrequently used, and will have some sort of bearing on the results of one's night action. Often this information is hidden to the player.)

("Random" as a sanity basically makes your results useless and was referred to on at least one wiki as a "stupid" sanity to use.)

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

##vote Haschel

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Hi I'm town

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

I was informed that I dun goofed

##vote Haschel

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Votecount for Day 1

Haschel Cedricson (1): kdowns

Not Voting (15): CubicalSucrose, curiousCat, EGalz18, fool of sound, Hal Insandenza, Haschel Cedricson, MockingQuantum, Mr. Humalong, PhantomMuzzles, Pinterest Mom, Sighence, t a s t e, Tired Moritz, Toalpaz, wologar

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 17th, 2023 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 11 hours.

Was haschel's username always that long

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

for all the newbie players in the game, I would like to pass on a very important piece of SA mafia wisdom that was handed down to me by veteran player voodoofly:

always vote for hal. never don't vote for hal.

##vote hal

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

hi town, I'm dad

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

Yep Haschels name has always been that long!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Did you know?

"Yeti" is the plural form of "Yetus". Centuries of misuse have made the plural form accepted in place of the grammatically correct singular form.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

MockingQuantum posted:

for all the newbie players in the game, I would like to pass on a very important piece of SA mafia wisdom that was handed down to me by veteran player voodoofly:

##vote hal

:hmmyes:

But on the other hand,

CubicalSucrose posted:

Didn't think Cena read through Galaxy Sane, but in a hilarious turn of events I'm actually a Random Cop.

(A cop in Mafia is a role that will typically let you target a player at night and learn their alignment/team. Usually it's a role given to players on the Uninformed Majority team.)

(Sanity is a mechanic that is disliked by many, infrequently used, and will have some sort of bearing on the results of one's night action. Often this information is hidden to the player.)

##vote Cube

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wologar posted:

Did you know?

"Yeti" is the plural form of "Yetus". Centuries of misuse have made the plural form accepted in place of the grammatically correct singular form.

It's unclear if this is true and rather than looking it up I'll just

##vote Wol

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Gonna ##Vote: CuriousCat.

She knows why.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Prefer not to vote cube immediately. Got to admit that’s mostly because he’s good at doing the heavy lifting with setup spec and night action analysis. On the other hand, that claim is pretty suspicious, given that this is a newbie friendly game and the op says mod communications are trustworthy, which makes me kinda doubt sanity claims.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Cube's obviously lying yeah

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

##vote hal

Hmm ok, as a new player I will follow your lead for now. I hope you are not lying!

##vote Hal

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Hello everyone I am new and scared and confused and already realizing how incredibly susceptible to peer pressure I am. Please be nice to yeti(s?), thank you :)

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

Prefer not to vote cube immediately. Got to admit that’s mostly because he’s good at doing the heavy lifting with setup spec and night action analysis. On the other hand, that claim is pretty suspicious, given that this is a newbie friendly game and the op says mod communications are trustworthy, which makes me kinda doubt sanity claims.

"I'm not going to vote out town player I completely fooled in Touhou. In fact I'm going to compliment them."

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Did you know?

It is commonly thought that Grammy winner Christopher Tin composed Baba Yetu in an attempt to sate the unending bloodlust of the sasquatch community. Ms Yowie, chairman of the community, has fervently denied those accusations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

STONE COLD 64 posted:

During the day phase, that is when all of you talk it out in this thread and try to figure out who the scummy Anti-Yetis are. Anti-Yetis are going to lie. You gotta find out who is lying! The game may get heated, but remember, it is only a game. Each day will end when it reaches its arbitrary deadline or when a player has received a majority of votes and is executed.

Why you lyin', Cube?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wologar posted:

Why you lyin', Cube?

I don't think I've lied yet this game. What do you think I'm lying about?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CubicalSucrose posted:

I don't think I've lied yet this game. What do you think I'm lying about?

Your Random Cop role. If you're not lying, what do you make of PMom's comment?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Cube's obviously lying yeah

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wologar posted:

Your Random Cop role. If you're not lying, what do you make of PMom's comment?

Well, what I make of it is that PMom is incorrect. I guess it's unclear whether or not Cena actually read through Galaxy Sane. I could just be (un)lucky.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

kdowns posted:

I was informed that I dun goofed

##vote Haschel

first to vote always guilty

##vote kdowns

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Gonna ##Vote: CuriousCat.

She knows why.

I swear I'll get lunch with you sometime Haschellll

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I do like that the newer players are voting for each other while the older players do the same.

Except Mr Humalong, who is voting Hal.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

Also this is bizarre but in a way I don't know what to make of it?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

curiousCat posted:

Also this is bizarre but in a way I don't know what to make of it?

tbf that's sort of CubicalSucrose.txt in my experience

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'm more suspicious that cube didn't come out of the gates with a weird day 1 voting policy

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

MockingQuantum posted:

I'm more suspicious that cube didn't come out of the gates with a weird day 1 voting policy

Oh right, I'm not going to vote for any other SAW participants today.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Man it's been 5ever since I've played but back in my day you wouldn't tell your cop their sanity, you dang millennials have it soft.

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
As someone shiny and new, I think my initial strategy is to believe the exact opposite of what everyone claims in the thread.
I'm sure this will be an infallible move.
Go Yetis?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

Oh right, I'm not going to vote for any other SAW participants today.

Possible to get a link or list for those who were not?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I also won't vote for any of the victims in the SAW movies, those folks have already been through a lot if you ask me

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

curiousCat posted:

Possible to get a link or list for those who were not?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036635

I think it's actually just Haschel. Snooze Cruise and ilmucche are participating as well but aren't in this game. And Cena is moderating this game.

There are roster spots left if anyone wants to sign up for fake fake wrestling!

Separately, I guess I could vote Hal.

##vote Hal

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

My first vote was an RVS vote but I'm sort of enjoying keeping it there now.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Haschel Cedricson posted:

My first vote was an RVS vote but I'm sort of enjoying keeping it there now.

look buddy, around these parts we call it "jokephase" these days and it's a sacred tradition

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

What’s jokephase? Has it started?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

What’s jokephase? Has it started?

Welcome new mafia player Mr. Humalong! you'll find jokephase is a period of time in day 1 of an online mafia game when the players become chaos goblins trying to make something happen in the game

alternatively it's when you vote for Hal, that's fine too

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

though that said I'm a touch surprised cube went with me on a joke vote

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

curiousCat posted:

first to vote always guilty

##vote kdowns

I swear I'll get lunch with you sometime Haschellll

drat caught me already.

Adbot