Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Maugrim posted:

Ah phew I'm town this game

A likely story.

##vote Maugrim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Btw, I'm sad to report that my dreams of ponying it up have been crushed, as I'm not Unicorn clan.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Much like in Umineko I don't know anything about this setting so I'm gonna keep schtum about flavour in case I again rolled a character everyone will assume is scum.

It seems pretty cool though

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I'm town, accepting all duels :getin:

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

JosefStalinator posted:

I'm town, accepting all duels :getin:

Same but I actually can't wound or kill people if you lose against me. And it'll be a fair fight.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##challenge JS

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
##accept let's go!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Oh I forgot duels were a thing, I should probably read the OP

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Violence violence violence

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

wologar posted:

Btw, I'm sad to report that my dreams of ponying it up have been crushed, as I'm not Unicorn clan.

I didn't get Matsu Gohei like I requested, someone dropped the ball here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I want to fight but only with a consenting partner.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Fight me then. If I live.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CubicalSucrose posted:

Fight me then. If I live.

You won't be hurt friend ❤️

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

CubicalSucrose posted:

##challenge JS

JosefStalinator posted:

##accept let's go!

The two duelists stand at their assigned places, bowing respectfully. Despite the tension in the air and the promise of violence, there is a certain aura of gentleness and grace to the affair. JosefStalinator is the first to move. His blade is drawn swiftly and in a blur of silver that leaves only streaks in the eyes of those looking on. He is fast and graceful in his movements, his steps sure. He is the perfect image of the idealized samurai. His opponent moves with a calmness that is unnatural, his movements so slow they seem almost sluggish. The warrior attacks, but he deflects each blow, dodging the sword strikes with surprising agility in defiance of his calm, slow movements. It seems that he will not have to resort to other measures, but the warrior is persistent and attacks once again, a final attempt to end the duel in his favor.

This time, CubicalSucrose does not defend.

With a speed that belies his earlier movements, he catches his opponent's wrist and twists it. The blade falls to the ground. A kick to the stomach knocks the warrior down.

CubicalSucrose has won the duel! His honor is proven (not that it was in doubt at this juncture).

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

Honorable fight.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I don't understand what the duel system is for. The winner loses a bunch of ki points and gains nothing unless they already have some dishonour?

I guess since the loser gets roleblocked it might be worthwhile to challenge someone you think is scum, but there is still every chance of shooting yourself in the foot instead

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Maugrim posted:

I don't understand what the duel system is for. The winner loses a bunch of ki points and gains nothing unless they already have some dishonour?

I guess since the loser gets roleblocked it might be worthwhile to challenge someone you think is scum, but there is still every chance of shooting yourself in the foot instead

Yeah but read your role PM.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Maugrim posted:

HMMMM

##challenge Maugrim

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah I feel the need to clarify before I punch Cubical so hard that his soul comes a little bit loose. Seems like we want max duels to try and eliminate the scum nk.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

I also don't know anything, since this is a slightly simpler game than Umineko and Stalker I'm going to try(???) to do more theory crafting. No promises tho.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah I feel the need to clarify before I punch Cubical so hard that his soul comes a little bit loose. Seems like we want max duels to try and eliminate the scum nk.

I'm okay with that.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

Can you confirm for the thread that you were NOT wounded as a result of losing a duel to me?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

wologar posted:

HMMMM

##challenge Maugrim

I think it makes sense to ##refuse since there are no mechanical consequences for just one dishonour. I will accept the next one though if one comes, to try and eliminate that dishonour

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mycelia posted:

I also don't know anything, since this is a slightly simpler game than Umineko and Stalker I'm going to try(???) to do more theory crafting. No promises tho.

Theory crafting about what? Also hi I don't think we've played together before unless you're a rename.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CubicalSucrose posted:

Can you confirm for the thread that you were NOT wounded as a result of losing a duel to me?

Can confirm, my duels can also avoid harm

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

wologar posted:

##challenge Maugrim

Maugrim posted:

I think it makes sense to ##refuse since there are no mechanical consequences for just one dishonour. I will accept the next one though if one comes, to try and eliminate that dishonour

By refusing a duel, Maugrim now has one stack of dishonor.

Dishonor tally:
  • Maugrim: 1

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

CubicalSucrose posted:

Yeah but read your role PM.

I read my role PM, it has nothing about the duelling system in it other than my number of Ki points.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Maugrim posted:

Or maybe... you want that dishonor 🦂

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maugrim posted:

]

Seems like an openly suboptimal strat? In theory here you know you're town, you don't know if wolo is town. Therefore you duel and win to mechanical advantage.

If I don't get it here please correct me, otherwise I'll throw down.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Somberbrero posted:

Theory crafting about what? Also hi I don't think we've played together before unless you're a rename.

Hello! I'm very new! I've played in exactly two games here on SA (and my last forum based games were on a Pokemon fansite when I was 13, so, unlikely. I mean it as in "reading everyone's posts and maybe making a cool spreadsheet to figure out who's what", but idk if that's actually the right word for that.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
So in the ~lore~, Scorpion Clan thrives on dishonor. Of course, this probably means that for this game, they are the noblest warriors known in Rokugan.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

wologar posted:

Or maybe... you want that dishonor 🦂

oh wow that would be clever design, I like it

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CubicalSucrose posted:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Oh goddamit, Zoya.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
##vote Zoya

It must be done.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
(it's a cool av, tho)

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Somberbrero posted:

hi, teammate! let's win this thing together for our clan

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

wologar posted:

Oh goddamit, Zoya.

wologar posted:

##vote Zoya

It must be done.

wologar posted:

(it's a cool av, tho)

:v: :v: :v:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Somberbrero posted:

]

Seems like an openly suboptimal strat? In theory here you know you're town, you don't know if wolo is town. Therefore you duel and win to mechanical advantage.

If I don't get it here please correct me, otherwise I'll throw down.

There's an equal chance I would lose though. As far as I can tell, if I won I'd lose a bunch of ki points. If I lost I'd get wounded and lose my night action. There's an equal chance of either unless I can somehow know how many Ki points wolo spent.

By refusing I've avoided either consequence and just had my day action blocked, of which I have none besides requesting a duel, which I have no interest in today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mycelia posted:

Hello! I'm very new! I've played in exactly two games here on SA (and my last forum based games were on a Pokemon fansite when I was 13, so, unlikely. I mean it as in "reading everyone's posts and maybe making a cool spreadsheet to figure out who's what", but idk if that's actually the right word for that.

That might just be 'rolefishing' but spreadsheets are cool so more power to you