Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Also this whole thing feels pretty Battle Royale. Is that true to the source or is this some wacky quacky crossover thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Incredibly helpful, thank you. Nostalgic for some BillyMC retsurpurae now.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
It’s more anime SAW

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Monokuma is obviously the mastermind. Case closed.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The bear is like a more evil Zero from Zero Escape games

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
its just ace attorney with high schoolers and every breakdown = death

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hello it is Sunday and I'm sorry but I'm too busy fixing my pickup truck to post much.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

It’s more anime SAW

Understood. By the way, Something Awful Wrestling (SAW) is a thing and more people should participate. We've got ilmucche, me, Snooze, and now Zoya.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

It’s more anime SAW

Seems like if that's the case, I should:

##vote Cube

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
I was wondering if maybe someone would be the SDHS Wrestler but then I remembered he's from the Anime That People Ignore so he's probably not in this at all.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

NeverHelm posted:

I was wondering if maybe someone would be the SDHS Wrestler but then I remembered he's from the Anime That People Ignore so he's probably not in this at all.

Wow, I genuinely memory holed that guy. There goes my reputation as Danganronpa scholar...But even so, Juzoboys for life babey!!!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Juzoboys!!!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Oh yeah almost forgot
##unvote

Also this setup is weird. Some might say "experimental."

No alignment on flip. At the moment at least, I have no way to narrow down who the Mastermind is (but it has been suggested that that will change over time... beyond the obvious of "it's not me" and "with fewer people your odds go up").

Given that, might I suggest the common Snooze idea of a voting bloc? First...8 other people to join (so 9 of us total) agree to not vote each other at all (unless/until we get more info and/or the Mastermind flips or something I guess?).

That way we have almost a 50% chance of voting out the MM eventually, and will get some interesting info based on who the MM decides to NK.

Open to improvements on this idea.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Is it bear pun time?

You bet your ursa it is!

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
There's gonna be so many puns it's gonna make your honeys shake

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Understood. By the way, Something Awful Wrestling (SAW) is a thing and more people should participate. We've got ilmucche, me, Snooze, and now Zoya.

Isn't this how I had to buy Nat his last avatar?

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
You all are gonna be like "Punkreas is so great at these, I need to give him a high-fivernate"

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
That last one was particularly clawver

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Make sure you pay attention, there's gonna be a grizz(ly) over these at the end of the game

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
I know, I know, not everyone loves puns

They're very polar-izing

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
But if you enjoy a good pun, welcome to the cub!

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
##vote Punkreas

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Punkreas posted:

Is it bear pun time?

You bet your ursa it is!

I want to join in on this but I fear I don't have the koalafications

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Cube that idea seems like a super good way to get the entire despair squad working as a voting block with no way of knowing. The lack of flips means that there is very little incentive for them not to work pretty closely together until or unless the mechanics change.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

PhantomMuzzles posted:

I want to join in on this but I fear I don't have the koalafications

:bisonyes:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
[quote="NeverHelm" post="534799579"]
##vote Punkreas
[/quo]

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

fool of sound posted:

Cube that idea seems like a super good way to get the entire despair squad working as a voting block with no way of knowing. The lack of flips means that there is very little incentive for them not to work pretty closely together until or unless the mechanics change.

Yeah also this

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

NeverHelm posted:

##vote Punkreas

i've seen worse d1 cases

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

CubicalSucrose posted:

Oh yeah almost forgot
##unvote

No alignment on flip. At the moment at least, I have no way to narrow down who the Mastermind is (but it has been suggested that that will change over time... beyond the obvious of "it's not me" and "with fewer people your odds go up").

Given that, might I suggest the common Snooze idea of a voting bloc? First...8 other people to join (so 9 of us total) agree to not vote each other at all (unless/until we get more info and/or the Mastermind flips or something I guess?).

That way we have almost a 50% chance of voting out the MM eventually, and will get some interesting info based on who the MM decides to NK.

this idea seems much less useful to me than like. scumhunting

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Hi gang, I am on a vacation I. Remote BC but I'll be back Monday.

Tah

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Oh yeah almost forgot
##unvote

Are you sure this is actually a good idea? I feel like since there's only one MM and multiple despair members, if the despair members form the voting bloc, then can't they just veto killing the MM until it's strategically advantageous for them to do so? Or am I misunderstanding something? I know they have to vote out the MM, but seems to me they run a higher risk of getting caught somehow if they carry the kill instead of the MM, so I would think they don't want to sell out their killer yet.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Punkreas posted:

But if you enjoy a good pun, welcome to the cub!

I like your approach to this. Nothing like some bad puns to lighten the mood after a murder, amirite

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

fool of sound posted:

Lol my comment is way later than this

Do you think Cube would be bold enough to suggest the idea himself if he's a member of despair, btw? Or is that unlikely?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

WindwardAway posted:

Are you sure this is actually a good idea? I feel like since there's only one MM and multiple despair members, if the despair members form the voting bloc, then can't they just veto killing the MM until it's strategically advantageous for them to do so? Or am I misunderstanding something? I know they have to vote out the MM, but seems to me they run a higher risk of getting caught somehow if they carry the kill instead of the MM, so I would think they don't want to sell out their killer yet.

your epicmafia lingo is showing.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

WindwardAway posted:

Do you think Cube would be bold enough to suggest the idea himself if he's a member of despair, btw? Or is that unlikely?

Cube just posts thing arbitrarily

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

Ah, good catch. I suppose I could pick 8 people randomly to avoid that scenario, then we could see if anyone were really hesitant to vote out others? But that relies on a hidden randomization component and everyone actually jumping on board, so probably doesn't work.

saladscooper posted:

this idea seems much less useful to me than like. scumhunting

So the problem is that (from what I can tell of the setup), scum actually aren't the ones who are killing at first. So they're much more likely to be able to blend in. It feels almost like a semitransparent F&I setup.

Maybe you mean "MM hunting" but as I posted originally, I don't think I can contribute very effectively to that.

WindwardAway posted:

Lol my comment is way later than this

For future meta reasons I'd like to say that I'd probably be bold enough to suggest this idea as member of team despair. The real question is "Would Cube be bold enough to suggest this idea as the Mastermind?" And the answer to that is almost certainly yes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Cube sure sounds like the mastermind

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

TM is mastermind I copped him

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

NeverHelm posted:

mycelia posted:

Wow, I genuinely memory holed that guy. There goes my reputation as Danganronpa scholar...But even so, Juzoboys for life babey!!!

Ok but who here remembers 2.5?

This sounds weird I'd rather just not vote Nat or something

WindwardAway posted:

Do you think Cube would be bold enough to suggest the idea himself if he's a member of despair, btw?

Yes, absolutely

fool of sound posted:

Cube just posts thing arbitrarily

...although tbf yes he still posts like that as town especially on D1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Johnny Keats posted:

TM is mastermind I copped him

oh well i'm glad that's settled ##vote Moritz