Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Your Personal Muse posted:

I’m choosing 1,1 because I’m not a coward

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

wologar posted:

Pick vanilla or no bollocks.

once I get the first pick, I’m choosing vanilla

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Anybody who hasn't, please submit your numbers in your Discord channels! Failure to do so within 24 hours will get you placed at the very end of the list!

Also, signups are still open until then, so if anybody's been feeling like they might want to join, get in! AND submit your numbers as soon as I stuff you into your confessional, because we really want to get this ball started.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Just a note that several people haven't submitted their numbers yet! Please check that you've gone to your discord channel and submitted numbers! All must love the numbers and despair!

ETA ahahaha sorry I thought I was being Helpful

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Signups are now closed because we have all the numbers!
And also we got two more players out of the deal.

And so without any further ado, here's our list of lucky winners! Everybody give a warm round of applause to Hal Incandenza, who made first place!

Draft List:
3,1 Hal Incandenza
5,6 birdstrike
7,6 Sandwolf
8,9 PhantomMuzzles
9,7 Tired Moritz
2,1 Rhymes With Clue
2,1 wologar
4,6 EGalz18
4,6 mycelia
1,2 Ignatius M. Meen
1,4 Johnny Keats
1,7 shwiffles
1,1 Your Personal Muse
1,1 CubicalSucrose
1,1 Grandicap

You have been assigned your alignments and the scum players have been added to scumchat. Please submit your picks for roles in the next 48 hours!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

You can also keep talking in here. Unless my betters contradict me on that.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I'll allow any talk that's not game related. Please do not abuse this by posting Fat Darcy.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
A question was asked, and it was a good one, so in the spirit of this being a semi-open set up, I'm answering it here.

It was about the "Masonizer" ability, because we invented that one so it's not exactly standard:

random player posted:

Emma picks two other players and they're in a masonry together (but not Emma)? Or Emma forms a masonry between any two players, including herself (so she can have multiple chats with individual partners)? Or Emma forms a masonry with her and two other people and she's like the third wheel?

Emma picks two people and those two people are in a masonry, herself not included. The flavor is that she's trying to create love matches so she'd just be in the way.

Whether Emma can Masonize herself and if so, whether she can do so multiple times, that's going to be left up in the air for whoever gets Emma to know.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Another clarification from another player question:

Colonel Brandon's duel ability is a one shot.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Another correction! The original description of Mr. Bingley, while hilarious, was missing some info. The underlined part is new:

Mr. Bingley, Cowardly Doublevoter
Mr. Bingley has reconsidered his opinion and has realized he should just do whatever Mr. Darcy says.
Has a oneshot doublevote, but can only vote for another player if at least one other player has already voted there.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
ONE MORE QUESTION ANSWERED: which character is the hottest?

The answer is always :sparkles: MR. DARCY :sparkles:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Cloacamazing! posted:

Draft List:
1,1 Your Personal Muse
1,1 CubicalSucrose
1,1 Grandicap

mmmm

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

its called courage look it up

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Your Personal Muse posted:

its called courage look it up

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Step 1: Declare you are drafting 1,1 loudly and proudly
Step 2: Those who are cowards are scared away from drafting 1,1
Step 3: Draft order is released
Step 4: Don't care, you drafted 1,1 and are therefore the best, actual order is irrelevant!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
mafia is about the moral victory, and that’s why I’m undefeated

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
open...the game

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
This thread makes me really happy :)

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
I just wanted to note that before it starts to make me really paranoid

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

EGalz18 posted:

This thread makes me really happy :)

That’s good :)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

EGalz18 posted:

I just wanted to note that before it starts to make me really paranoid

Or is it?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

are there any popular movies or tv series that are secretly jane austen adaptations like how the lion king and a million other things are hamlet

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I think hamlet was based on a Jane Austen book

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

shwinnebego posted:

are there any popular movies or tv series that are secretly jane austen adaptations like how the lion king and a million other things are hamlet

Clueless

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Oh I liked that one.

But I actually don't remember a lot about it.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

wait does that have john cusack in it, he's based

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
At one point in Clueless, Cher says "Everything I think and everything I do is wrong." and I think of that every time I play one of these mafia games ❤️

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

PhantomMuzzles posted:

At one point in Clueless, Cher says "Everything I think and everything I do is wrong." and I think of that every time I play one of these mafia games ❤️

when you play enough mafia you begin to see it in all things

also i might watch clueless tonight

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
I watched Emma and the first third of Persuasion last night. Maybe Clueless can be next in queue for me :)

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

shwinnebego posted:

Bridget Jones' Diary is Pride & Prejudice.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I love all of you and everything this game chooses to be :swoon:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Oh I liked that one.

But I actually don't remember a lot about it.

Cher, the lead girl, was Emma Woodhouse, privileged and rich and bored and trying to hook up everyone around her.

The girl with the amazing line "you're a virgin who can't drive," Tai, is Harriet Smith.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Cloacamazing! posted:

I'll allow any talk that's not game related. Please do not abuse this by posting Fat Darcy.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

YOU DON'T EVEN GO HERE

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Voodrum Fly, Steward to Lady Vienna Spencer, nervously coughed as he knocked at the door to her salon. Her ladyship was currently engaged with her companion, Mme Clotilde Incroyable, in planning next week's grand ball, known among all fashionable residents and visitors to Bath as the highlight of the season.

"Your Ladyship..." Fly said, visibly sweating. "There has been an... incident."

Lady Spencer looked up from her papers. "An incident, good Fly? Did Cook spoil the soup?"

"Worse than that, your Ladyship."

"Please don't tell me my new gown won't be ready in time!" Mme Incroyable said, getting ready to faint at even the slightest hint of a horror such as this.

"No, Madame. It's..." Fly swallowed. "It's Lady Susan."

The two ladies instantly abandoned all pretense of work and leaned towards Fly, hungry for some juicy gossip. "Quackles?" Lady Spencer exclaimed, using her old friend's favorite pet name. "What has Quackles done? Seduced anyone else?"
"Married anyone else?"
"Seduced someone who was married again?"
"Lost all money gambling again?"
"Or maybe"

"My ladies, it is worse than that!" Fly proclaimed, his urge to tell the news and finally get this over with breaking through the trained reserve of a professional servant. "Lady Susan has been... murdered! In this very house! And what's more... the murder can only have been caused by exactly four of your esteemed guests!"

The three of them looked at each other in shock at this dramatic development. Finally, Lady Spencer adjusted her glasses. "We're still holding the ball, right?"

quote:

Quackles, Lady Susan, OBS-aligned Trashfire has been brutally murdered Night 0!

"Deranged. If she were going to be jealous, she should not have married such a charming man!"

You are Lady Susan Vernon chief antagonist of Lady Susan and Clo's favorite kind of character, an unrepentant human trashfire. You seduce people, break up their marriages and take their money, leaving behind only ruins. Now if only the rest of the world would understand what a great person you are, and if only your daughter wasn't such a whimpering failure! Sadly you didn't make it into this game, and now you also got murdered, completely ruining siv's dinner party. That's our Lady Susan!

Your role is Trashfire. Or, well, it would have been, but...

Night 0 Kill: Yeah, you're actually just a joke role assigned to the first spoiled obs player to register for this game. Sucks, doesn't it? But at least you get to watch this trainwreck unfold from the finest spots in the spoiled gossip zone. And you sure love yourself a good trainwreck...

The first day of Lady Vienna Spencer's (widow of the late Lords Spacing, Smythers and Spencer) and Mme Clotilde Antoinette Incroyable's (widow of the late Dr Incroyable), aided by their faithful steward Voodrum Fly's (not a widow), grand house party has begun - but what a shock! There has been a murder! And what's more, evidence clearly proves that there are four evil people conspiring to hide the murder! And they may kill again! Clearly there is only one way to solve this: Decide amongst yourselves who is the clear and obvious culprit, and chase them out of Bath in dishonor!

Day One has begun. You have a bit over 48 hours to decide on who to send home in shame!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (15): birdstrike, CubicalSucrose, EGalz18, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Ignatius M. Meen, Johnny Keats, mycelia, PhantomMuzzles, Rhymes With Clue, Sandwolf, shwinnebego, Tired Moritz, wologar, Your Personal Muse

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 28th, 2023 at 10 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Hello, everyone. Let's all be orderly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Ooh, we get a scum count straight off the bat? Nice.

Er, I mean. Good heavens!! We must stop these scoundrels posthaste!