Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I think I haven't made many fakeclaims and the ones I have made have been universally terrible and improbable, so I'm 100% in favor of this idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

MockingQuantum posted:

I think I haven't made many fakeclaims and the ones I have made have been universally terrible and improbable, so I'm 100% in favor of this idea

You claimed to be a town aligned part of the scum once due to hilariously misunderstanding how to interpret your role and results and while you weren't quite 'fake' claiming that I would count it anyway because I have imagined something in a similar spirit would make for a fun experiment and would love to see it get run in a game.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Does that mean I'm allowed to play again??

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Azurelana posted:

Does that mean I'm allowed to play again??

Hi I don't think I know you - can you clarify the "allowed" bit?

Also upon reviewing game histories, I have some confusion over whether you are or are not Nat20?

We are at 21 right now, but if you join Discord i think we can figure something out.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

You claimed to be a town aligned part of the scum once due to hilariously misunderstanding how to interpret your role and results and while you weren't quite 'fake' claiming that I would count it anyway because I have imagined something in a similar spirit would make for a fun experiment and would love to see it get run in a game.

lol yeah Shwinn referred to that as my "townslip" in a recent game and I laugh every time I think of it

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

It's now Night Zero.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (21): Bifauxnen, Cloacamazing!, Hal Incandenza, Hyper Crab Tank, Ignatius M. Meen, Illusionis, Johnny Keats, JosefStalinator, Maugrim, MockingQuantum, mycelia, Natural 20, Nep-Nep, Opopanax, Sandwolf, shwinnebego, Tired Moritz, Toalpaz, wologar, Your Personal Muse, Zoya

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 08th, 2023 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

All right, game on!

Everyone should have gotten their "Official" role PM which will have cleaned-up language.

Feel free to post through day actions unless they look like a lethal action aimed toward you. If you are using an action in-thread that will need mod resolution, please ping @PO-Mods

NOTE! You all have played in a shitton of cool games. SOME of them have wacky mechanics! SOME of those wacky mechanics have made it into this game! SOME of those wacky mechanics are being used as RED HERRINGS for various reasons.

TWO additional wacky mechanics that MAY or MAY NOT be RED HERRINGS:

1) There will be a special mechanic for this game. The Duel. In the Scarlet Peach Blossom Sect any Core Disciple may choose once to duel with any other Core Disciple using ##challenge, although the challenged party always has the right to ##refuse. This will result in a coin flip by the moderator to see who comes out on top. While a challenge may not result in death, death is possible.

In other words, you get one challenge and can use it to challenge any other player. If that player refuses, you keep your challenge. The one who refuses may get a small penalty for refusing, representing a lowering of status in the eyes of the Sect.

[Cube]ONLY players are playing characters from that game may ##challenge in thread as a public day action. If they ##challenge someone who is NOT playing a "Core Disciple" (character from that game), the action will fail unresolved (and they can't ##challenge again until the next day).[/Cube]

2) :siren:The Logic System :siren:
In past AA games, I had set up a system where all players vote at night in secret for one player to be found guilty, and one to be found not guilty. The Guilty verdict would severely penalize a player, and the Not Guilty would benefit them.

It was cumbersome, plus there's no verdicts in AAI:ME, so I have changed the system to a Logic System. It's the same theme, you can either get benefits or penalties, but applied differently.

(1) Halfway through the day, the two players with the most votes will receive BAD LOGIC penalties! The two players with the fewest votes will recieve GOOD LOGIC benefits! Ties will be broken randomly.
(2) Players can switch from BAD LOGIC to GOOD LOGIC, and vice versa, via future votes. However, they are not eligible for result they currently hold (e.g. one player cannot repeatedly get BAD LOGIC).
(3) Knowledge of these results is sometimes hidden for balancing purposes. No BAD LOGIC will EVER result in immediate or delayed death.
(4) Good and Bad Logic results should not be used to infer alignment. None will confirm players as town or scum.
added 2/17 (5) After fewer than 12 players are alive, there will only be one player per day selected for GOOD/BAD LOGIC effects.

[Cube]If your role does not have LOGIC components to it, this does not impact you.[/Cube]

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

First, I'm cop. 2nd, I'm vanilla town. And lastly, I'm miller

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The "previously on" previews always spoil what's gonna happen in the episode when they bring up stuff that hasn't been relevant for awhile

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Johnny Keats posted:

I'm take now as a chance to come out and admit a deep truth, everytime someone claims miller I imagine someone who brings a pepper mill to a dining table to grind it on the food

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm take now as a chance to come out and admit a deep truth, everytime someone claims miller I imagine someone who brings a pepper mill to a dining table to grind it on the food

Wow scum post already, I caught em

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Pepper hater also busted

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

is everybody ready to get buck wild

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Johnny Keats posted:

I assume this means you're a vanilla-flavored miller/cop town player

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

It was actually 1 or more truths and one or more lies. You know, that classic game one or more truths and one or more lies

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Johnny Keats posted:

It was actually 1 or more truths and one or more lies. You know, that classic game one or more truths and one or more lies

oh that both makes more sense and is somewhat disappointing, I wanted to see what powers being vanilla-flavored would confer, like some sort of ice cream mafia madness

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Nep got real nervous when I called them scum. ##Vote Nep

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
και έτσι ξεκινά ένα νέο κεφάλαιο...

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

wologar posted:

The phrase "και έτσι ξεκινά ένα νέο κεφάλαιο..." is Greek for "and so a new chapter begins..." It's a phrase often used to signify the start of a new phase or period in life, suggesting hope, new opportunities, and a fresh start.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

PREVIOUSLY, on "Previously On...[Mafia]" --- Cube started the game without using the entire flavor gimmick about callbacks. Consider this a correction for that flavor miss. Additionally, I messed up the deadline by two hours. VF is correct now.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Johnny Keats posted:

Nep got real nervous when I called them scum. ##Vote Nep

Now I'm just sad I didn't ask to reprise my really messed up jester role

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Some number of truths, some number of lies:

-I'm town
-I'm in an unconfirmed masonry
-I'm in a confirmed masonry

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello friends, I may not have picked the best role in the end…

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Nep-Nep posted:

Some number of truths, some number of lies:

-I'm town
-I'm in an unconfirmed masonry
-I'm in a confirmed masonry

:bighow:

##vote Nep

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hal Incandenza posted:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Johnny Keats posted:

Same

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wologar posted:

Good thing I got my PR-exorcism role again from Anidav's Haunted House!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
from the OP

CubicalSucrose posted:

(note: Sand and Wol haven't posted in thread yet so remind them when game opens)

who is this fake wologar we are seeing?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i'm just gonna take this game one step at a time, nice and easy, goin w the flow

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Good thing I got my PR-exorcism role again from Anidav's Haunted House!

hi bif, it's been a minute, hope you're doin good

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Nep-Nep posted:

from the OP

it's his bizarro-world counterpart, faux-logar

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote hal it's scum, isn't it

you picked scum as your role

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

shwinnebego posted:

i'm just gonna take this game one step at a time, nice and easy, goin w the flow

shwinnebego? more like shwinnebe-waitandseehowthingsgo

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'm a scumhunter

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Im actually a cop and I got a n0 result that says you are all scum

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

MockingQuantum posted:

I'm a scumhunter

but with one-shot jugg & ninja

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I legit dont remember what game my role came from so it'll be a fun surprise for everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Nep-Nep posted:

from the OP

MockingQuantum posted:

it's his bizarro-world counterpart, faux-logar

απλώς μια κλασική περίπτωση μετεμψύχωσης