Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The players marked as suspects for Day 1 are: Hal Insandenza and PhantomMuzzles. Players are only eligible to vote for either of these two, or to vote Not To Execute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (9): Chili, EGalz18, gay for gacha, Hal Incandenza, merk, Mr. Humalong, PhantomMuzzles, saladscooper, shwinnebego

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 01st, 2023 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Whoa what the F-word I don't want me or Hal out! But you'd have to be a dumb A-word mother F-word to think I could murder anyone

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Hi everyone, it’s me, the lead investigator

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
You'd think after all these F-word-ing years on the force I'd have some suction with the Lead Investigator

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

saladscooper posted:

Hi everyone, it’s me, the lead investigator

Hi the lead investigator I'm dad

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
But also why did you pick me and Hal

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

PhantomMuzzles posted:

But also why did you pick me and Hal

I will tell all when I get home from work

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Avon is more attractive than Stringer: discuss

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Voodoofly posted:

Avon is more attractive than Stringer: discuss

Wow what the f-word I don't think I could disagree with this more

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
Carver, NoOOooOooo!

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.

saladscooper posted:

I will tell all when I get home from work

I'm looking forward to the debrief

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Shheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiitt

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’ve always wanted to be falsely accused of murder!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The mechanics of this are still slightly confusing to me, is it beneficial for the accused to claim who they actually watched or is that basically meaningless. Seems like that might be irrelevant

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

So the accused both may have vision impariments. Perhaps one of you detectives should consider whether the murder would have required average or above eyesight.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Voodoofly posted:

So the accused both may have vision impariments. Perhaps one of you detectives should consider whether the murder would have required average or above eyesight.

But Stringer is SMARTER which is so much SEXIER gosh you're a superficial stump

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Though tbh even on a superficial level I find Stringer sexier

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Avon was a boxer which is pretty hot but Stringer was a Business, man

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Is he smarter? He thinks he is smarter.

Is this maybe a good example of the Intelligence vs Wisdom?

Who do you think is a better DM? Avon or Stringer?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Though tbh even on a superficial level I find Stringer sexier

I mean so do I, but someone I live with disagrees, and I've come to determine that her opinion is often more correct than mine in all things.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

Shheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiitt

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Avon knew the business way better than Stringer ever did.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

Avon knew the business way better than Stringer ever did.

Lead Detective observations right here.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Confession: I’ve never finished season 5. After seasons 3 and 4 it just felt…lacking. My watch party is currently doing 2 episodes of The Wire and 2 episodes of Lost each week though, so I’ll finally see it through.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

PhantomMuzzles posted:

i think he's smarter for one definition of 'smart,' and it's a definition that the showrunner venerates (oh my, a guy from the hood reads adam smith, look at this shocking genius, audience!) but, in true death of the author fashion, i think that avon is more compelling

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

shwinnebego posted:

i think he's smarter for one definition of 'smart,' and it's a definition that the showrunner venerates (oh my, a guy from the hood reads adam smith, look at this shocking genius, audience!) but, in true death of the author fashion, i think that avon is more compelling

Yeah but Stringer wears glasses so he's smart

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

shwinnebego posted:

I actually don't know if the showrunner venerates that definition of smart so much as he thinks America venerates that definition of smart. Like Stringer is basically a Sorkin charater, but unlike most Sorkin characters, he ends up being shown out of his depth and outmaneuvered by people who saw him for what he was: a naive pawn.

I'd say David Simon venerates the "overlooked genius" types like Freamon over everything: people who would be so great at their job if the systems just recognized their talent and let them shine rather than rewarding the gunners like Stringer.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

I actually don't know if the showrunner venerates that definition of smart so much as he thinks America venerates that definition of smart. Like Stringer is basically a Sorkin charater, but unlike most Sorkin characters, he ends up being shown out of his depth and outmaneuvered by people who saw him for what he was: a naive pawn.

I'd say David Simon venerates the "overlooked genius" types like Freamon over everything: people who would be so great at their job if the systems just recognized their talent and let them shine rather than rewarding the gunners like Stringer.

valid

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

you're right that Simon != Sorkin, even though I don't like the politics of either

i think i have more of a sore spot about Simon cuz i used to love the Wire/his work so much when i was a young liberal 22 year old whereas i didn't really grow up on the west wing etc

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Yeah but Stringer wears glasses so he's smart

tru

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

if you wanna see a terrible idris elba movie this is the one wiki/Beast_(2022_American_film)

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

gdi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_(2022_American_film)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

shwinnebego posted:

you're right that Simon != Sorkin, even though I don't like the politics of either

i think i have more of a sore spot about Simon cuz i used to love the Wire/his work so much when i was a young liberal 22 year old whereas i didn't really grow up on the west wing etc

I’m basically the same here. I’ve seen like five episodes of the west wing and most of my sorkin knowledge is from movies.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Discussion: Treme is better than the Wire

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

Discussion: Treme is better than the Wire

Confession: I got a little bored partway through the first season and never really watched more. Was that a mistake?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I've watched a lot of SVU is there carry over?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I have seen like a season and a half of the West Wing and it’s enjoyable when it’s not being aggressively liberal. I’ve outgrown it over the years, but I still have a special place in my heart for it because sometimes it talks about Gilbert and Sullivan. And also Allison Janet saying “I haw woo canaw.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Janney not Janet god gently caress