Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I am excited for the 2024 Chicago Bears season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I will follow Dan Mau'dib to paradise.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003

Gonz posted:

This GIF is so good; we need somone to update it with Jordan Love, JJ or Caleb.

I still have the original .psd file, so that's doable. Have an even better idea for when the season gets going..

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So this is probably the first season in 80 years where the Bears have the best receiving corp in the division?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Mike N Eich posted:

I am excited for the 2024 Chicago Bears season.

:hai:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

The Glumslinger posted:

So this is probably the first season in 80 years where the Bears have the best receiving corp in the division?

I'd say that's still the Vikings.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Jefferson is better than Moore
Allen is better(now) than Addison
Odunze is probably a better projection than whoever their 3 is.
Kmet and Hock is a push.

But yeah I'm not gonna argue either way.

It's good which is all that matters.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1785345689083597221

I think the Lions are interesting in this conversation with Amon Ra and Laporta but Jamo is too much of a question mark as of yet.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
the minnesota football vikings will win the super bowl

in tecmo super bowl '25

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Jordan Love is the Kwisatz quarterback

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
UNDER THE GLORIOUS CHICAGO SKYLINE
WE WELCOME TO THIS AVERAGE TEAM
OUR BELOVED NEW "KING OF THE NORTH"
CALEB. WILLIAMS.

I AM JORDAN LOVE
KING OF THE NORTH
THE HAND OF THE FOOTBALL GODS
GUIDE ME
I AM THE NEXT HALL OF FAMER
I SHALL LEAD GREEN BAY
TO ANOTHER LOMBARDI!

I'll make a Dune inspired speech for the Lions and Vikings later.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The Bears will never be good until they find a qb that can survive drinking the water of life.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

The Bears will never be good until they find a qb that can survive drinking the water of life.

Kyle Orton Erasure

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Forrest on Fire posted:

Kyle Orton Erasure

I've still got my Purdue Orton jersey. He tried some 4th quarter heroics and threw an interception to a Notre Dame player ending the game. Someone was so upset they took off his jersey and tossed it toward the field. It was a Nike jersey and probaly worth like $100. So I picked it up, washed it, and still break it out to this day to remember the not so great QBs from the Cradle of Quarterbacks

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Nick Soapdish posted:

I've still got my Purdue Orton jersey. He tried some 4th quarter heroics and threw an interception to a Notre Dame player ending the game. Someone was so upset they took off his jersey and tossed it toward the field. It was a Nike jersey and probaly worth like $100. So I picked it up, washed it, and still break it out to this day to remember the not so great QBs from the Cradle of Quarterbacks

That man was Kyle Orton

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Sataere posted:

That man was Kyle Orton

"Thanks, Trashed Kyle!" I yell as an empty flask and a jersey are under thrown to me by 5 yards

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Pops Mgee posted:

Malort is good

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Malort is good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NBCSBears/status/1785376223230657022

oof

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It's true but he shouldn't say it

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

It's true but he shouldn't say it

Justin Fields isn't going to properly read into it

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

My son was born the day the 2024 NFCN thread was posted. A good omen for the MN Vikings of Football, and future hall of famer Jonathan James McCarthy

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Things I hope happen this season: the Bears win a game against the Packers, and the Bears are competitive for a playoff berth. Anything less is a disappointment, anything more is gravy.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Cognac McCarthy posted:

My son was born the day the 2024 NFCN thread was posted. A good omen for the MN Vikings of Football, and future hall of famer Jonathan James McCarthy

congratz and welcome to hell

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cognac McCarthy posted:

You were told to bear only daughters. :mad:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sweet geek swag posted:

Things I hope happen this season: the Bears win a game against the Packers, and the Bears are competitive for a playoff berth. Anything less is a disappointment, anything more is gravy.

The Chicago Bears will never defeat the Packers

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Congratulations.

As far as omens go, my car was wrecked today. Take that for whatever.

I never knew what JJ stood for.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Gross, you named your kid after him

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Darth Brooks posted:

Congratulations.

As far as omens go, my car was wrecked today. Take that for whatever.

I never knew what JJ stood for.

I'm amazed you kept that car running as long as you did - how did you not have it eaten by rust?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MJeff posted:

You were told to bear only daughters. :mad:

:lol: I love your commitment to the thread theme.

mercenarynuker posted:

Gross, you named your kid after him

This was the first thing that popped into my head too.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

trevorreznik posted:

I'm amazed you kept that car running as long as you did - how did you not have it eaten by rust?

I live in Missouri. There's a lady here who has late 60's model car as her daily driver.

And how did you know I had that car for a long time?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Darth Brooks posted:

I live in Missouri. There's a lady here who has late 60's model car as her daily driver.

And how did you know I had that car for a long time?

I just assumed based on your posts in the AI/BFC thread, which I also read. You said you've had it for a decade and a half, but I figured you lived up north not down south. A '96 corolla is impressive to keep running regardless.

The missouri thing makes sense - we have a '99 camry that spent the majority of its life in the south, it's rust free. Our other car has a lot of rust issues, and my parents had a ford explorer sportrac in northern illinois get completely eaten within a decade.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I lived in Minnesota long enough to know that a four year old car was probably eaten through with rust and 100,000 miles meant that it was close to dead. One of the shocks of moving to Missouri was seeing decades old cars driving around.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Lets go Vikings and JJ McCarthy bitch

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Darth Brooks posted:

I lived in Minnesota long enough to know that a four year old car was probably eaten through with rust and 100,000 miles meant that it was close to dead. One of the shocks of moving to Missouri was seeing decades old cars driving around.

tbh it sounds like you just lived here long enough to know people that don't know how to take care of their car

My previous car was a 20 years old when I got rid of it and the only reason I did was because it got to the point where I had to get something fixed that was more than half the value of the car lol

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Minnesota is amazing, no one drives a car older than 2020.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I left Minnesota in 1979, so admittedly the cars were probably lower quality. I was sixteen.

I still describe myself as being from Minnesota.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 1, 2024

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Darth Brooks posted:

I left Minnesota in 1979, so admittedly the cars were probably lower quality. I was sixteen.

I still describe myself as being from Minnesota.

Well yeah wasn't everything horse and buggy back then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Nobody is ready for Year 2 Dontayvions Wicks