Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Chris Knight posted:

last weekend I picked up a loaf of fresh sourdough and wanted to eat like half the thing as soon as I got home

youre a grownup now, you can do whatever you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol the soft flat 'stottie cake' bread that's a local specialty is really bad for this, I look askance at anyone who actually cuts / slices theirs instead of tearing off chunks like a animal as soon as you get home.

its called "breaking bread," not "cutting bread" for a reason

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor posted:

youre a grownup now, you can do whatever you want

sometimes this can be a bad idea, from personal experience

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

finished the chicken tractor. which is really just a portal enclosure for chickens. it will keep them safe from all the hawks we have flying around here.

it folds flat for easy storage

e: they seem ok with it.

Elder Postsman fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 4, 2024

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

survived another Costco run and got to walk thru nature before the rainstorm came in. good Saturday

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

good nap, it's raining

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
hair did earlier, prog achieved:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

hair did earlier, prog achieved:

is that john brown??

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

had a nice dinner outdoors, and missed the rain after an icecream by a few minutes, very nice saturday. gonna take the kiddo to a playground for a playdate tomorrow.

only negative thing is the table next to us had some drunk 38 year olds dropping the t-word (the bad word for transgender folk) a bunch in a very bad way. it’s just kinda sad they never grew up after college.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

they did give me literally a tablespoon of coleslaw with my fish and chips though. it was just such a tiny amount of slaw

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Eeyo posted:

they did give me literally a tablespoon of coleslaw with my fish and chips though. it was just such a tiny amount of slaw

thats some bullshit

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

imagine one of those tiny condiment cups, half-full of coleslaw

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Eeyo posted:

isn't this a crime?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Eeyo posted:

slaw shooters

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

went out for a surprise belated birthday dinner last night, my girlfriend got us a table at an amazing place that's in the forest above our city. such a treat. so good.

first, coffee, and then maybe a gentle jog and see how the lungs are holding up.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

It got super windy, then rained, then that turned to snow. ngl this weekend was kind of a bust. HOWEVER its still better than working and I did get to go for a real nice motorcycle ride on friday so its all good

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

went to the farmer's market yesterday. was nice, just sat around a while listening to music, people-watching & noshing on a pretty-crap-for-six-dollars pretzel. sadly for today it's gonna be too windy for my kayak by the time it gets warm enough :negative: oh well, some other week

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm making toasted sandwiches for a late breakfast, decadently wrong but it's the weekend and i can do what i want

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i ate the sandwiches and now i am going to play rimworld. this weekend has been great for maximum lazy

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

dioxazine posted:

i ate the sandwiches and now i am going to play rimworld. this weekend has been great for maximum lazy

can you make toasted sandwiches for a late breakfast in rimworld?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

can you make toasted sandwiches for a late breakfast in rimworld?

you know the answer to this

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

dioxazine posted:

you know the answer to this

yeah right

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
A while ago I bought a clear cutting mat and now I’m going to try to add a backlight to it.

No, just using the cutting mat on top of a light source isn’t good enough I need my entire table to be a backlit cutting surface.

tk fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 5, 2024

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i got the last hot dog at the spring fair yesterday. i also put in a $55 bid in the silent auction for a 3 month gym membership but i doubt that panned out.

today's goal: finish moving in. no more boxes, no furniture left in the garage, i'm gonna be done :getin:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

got some ciabatta bread rolls and made scrambled egg & cheese sandwiches for breakfast :)

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
rainy saturday w/ the dog, eventually broke out the flight simulator and went from sac to crecent city. echo hates it when i sit in the gaming chair and always sulks off to the bedroom when i play xbox. sorry dude

today my sister is flying out from colorado to stay a week. not too much planned but she desperately needs a week away from her job and im all too happy to oblige

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
went to go see a movie that started at 3:30, and immediately hit a transit dead spot that wouldn't have got me there on time.

so I got another ticket for Wednesday evening in the bigger cinema and a much better seat lol

gonna go back to reading my PWEI book now

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

mowed the front yard today and for the rest of the month i think i'll be participating in no-mow may

every year i tell myself that if this mower doesn't start on the very first pull, i'm going to replace it with an electric one. once again, it started on the very first pull. this fuckin' 20 year old yardman mower that i have done zero maintenance on outside of refilling the fuel tank and replacing/sharpening the blade, and it just does not quit

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

knox_harrington posted:

in the forest above our city.

forums poster knox_harrington confirmed as a resident of the mysterious subterranean City of the Mole Men

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

went for a long walk this morning, got really hungry so I grabbed a couple things from fancy wheat field and watched the last 20 minutes of spurs getting humiliated in north beach

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

tk posted:

A while ago I bought a clear cutting mat and now I’m going to try to add a backlight to it.

No, just using the cutting mat on top of a light source isn’t good enough I need my entire table to be a backlit cutting surface.

It turns out that just putting the mat on top of a light is, indeed, good enough. For a Sunday project.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

took the dog for a walk down by the lake and daaaamn there's a lot of turtles and fish in there

i can't tell what kind of fish i saw though. i've caught bass and sunfish out of that lake and they were neither of those. might have been bullhead or catfish, the tail shape is pretty similar at least.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

dioxazine posted:

maximum lazy

yes indeed

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

playground was good, great weather and the boy loved the roller slide

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Elder Postsman posted:

took the dog for a walk down by the lake and daaaamn there's a lot of turtles and fish in there

i can't tell what kind of fish i saw though. i've caught bass and sunfish out of that lake and they were neither of those. might have been bullhead or catfish, the tail shape is pretty similar at least.

Same. There were a few bald eagles hanging out with us for a while it was pretty excellent.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

broke a couple knuckles on my right hand a few
weeks ago so progress on the shed has been glacial but i actually got about 4 more rows of siding up, and have started fitting it around the round “windows” i put in, which is a pain in the rear end. Anyway its progress and im happy to have it

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Truman Peyote posted:

today's goal: finish moving in. no more boxes, no furniture left in the garage, i'm gonna be done :getin:

well, i got some stuff out of there, but then i went and got a new desk and left it in the garage. whatever. i'm pretty wiped so i think i'm gonna play video games and watch shows until bed

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i left my mallet outside and it delaminated :-(

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ended up seeing two concerts this weekend, panchiko and miku expo, and finished reading altered carbon. now laundry in the dryer. could use some more weekend but we have a holiday coming up in a couple of weeks, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

the weekend is too dang short :(