Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

we also have freezepop, but they’re people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTlzUpmp8sY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Knormal posted:

My mom would never let me have Otter Pops as a kid because she said they caused cancer.

All other popsicles were fine. Just for some reasons those ones caused cancer. This included non-Otter Pop knock-offs. Something about being in tube form equaled cancer.

When I questioned her about this as an adult she said she never said that and had no idea why they would be carcinogenic.

I feel like a major part of childhood was stolen from me.

imagine an oversweet taste of synthetic fruits/cola and having papercuts on the side of your mouth

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

and having papercuts on the side of your mouth

Yeah that's why you do the finger crushing thing I spoke about

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i was just thinking about how freeze pops have a completely unique smell. some combination of the plastic and sugar, i dunno what it is but it's been on my mind lately

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
my colleague calls these "super doopers" and it makes me laugh :)

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Sex Farm posted:

Yeah that's why you do the finger crushing thing I spoke about

does this technique assure you get every last drop out? i sucked those things dry

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

We had a brand (or possibly generic lack of brand) called FLA-VOR-ICE around here.

Pac and Cheese posted:

i was just thinking about how freeze pops have a completely unique smell. some combination of the plastic and sugar, i dunno what it is but it's been on my mind lately

This is very true and even though I haven't had one in multiple decades, it is still burned into my mind.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

bigfatdynamo posted:

Your colleague sounds like a gentleman of exquisite and refined tastes.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

bigfatdynamo posted:

I was wondering if people say the name is a south park sort of way.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
we had off-brand DIY "home freeze" ziploc ones. We lived in the high latitudes and most summer days were pretty cool, but if the weather report on the telly said tomorrow would be a scorcher, my mom would sometimes suggest we make some ziploc freeze pops overnight, and so us kids would gather in the kitchen to make a batch with whatever flavors we could think of. I liked apricot and raspberry soda and my brother liked pepsi cola and grape flavor. We tried a bunch of things like lemonaid, coffee and apple juice. My mom was pretty clever and had made a little rack for holding the not yet frozen pop tubes upright in the freezer so they wouldn't spill as the ice started to form.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I loving love freeze pops
I order them on the Internet when the grocery stores stop carrying them in the winter

They're so poo poo that the grocery store only stocks them when it gets the huge pallet bin of them they can plop down by the rotisserie chickens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The sour apple and the coconut are the best ones