Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

afterdark was so cool. we had the star trek modules on our LC520 back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

dioxazine posted:

it's been quite some time since i've seen the flying toasters

i just spent an embarrassing amount of time playing around with different pixel patterns for the desktop lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Elder Postsman posted:

afterdark was so cool. we had the star trek modules on our LC520 back in the day.

i was thinking you in particular might like playing around with that emulator lol, it's the updated version of the apple ii desktop from 2023

check out the bottom left :pwn:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

huh. never used the apple II desktop back when we had ours. we had a mouse and a few programs that could use it, like, mousepaint, but that was it.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
took a nap and got 38 million at FunHouse but it was just 100,000 shy of my high score

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Elder Postsman posted:

huh. never used the apple II desktop back when we had ours. we had a mouse and a few programs that could use it, like, mousepaint, but that was it.

i'm pretty sure this has been posted before but it's a pretty cool project imo, they decompiled the whole thing and added a ton of fixes and features

https://www.a2desktop.com/about

really pretty impressive considering the resource constraints. even the calculator applet is a scientific calculator now

e: but also lol the very clever rgb mode doesn't look so clever today

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 11, 2024

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

oh yes, that was pretty neat when i last peeked at it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had a sleep after MotoGP and motoE, and woke up thinking of what to eat. started thinking about curry, so I just ordered Indian food and will go pick it up in 15 minutes lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OK I rewatched - first time after seeing it the year it came out - The Departed and to my complete surprise, Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro weren't in it.

What the gently caress movie was I thinking of?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

janitoring a goddam windows 10 box to flatten /reinstall for my wife :rant:

e: to support her side hustle making cosmetics :kiss:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

OK I rewatched - first time after seeing it the year it came out - The Departed and to my complete surprise, Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro weren't in it.

What the gently caress movie was I thinking of?

heat?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
the irishman

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

the irishman

Oh that could be it. Now I need to go DVD-hunting again.

(It's not that any given DVD isn't readily available, but itäs a real chore to dig them out because the sellers always have just stack upon stack upon stack. All movie shops with actual shelves you can browse are all gown as of this Winter.)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

oh I got 41.6 million points at FunHouse which puts me in the top 50 worldwide (40th place :c00l:)

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I bought a couple slide projectors recently I’m going to try and fire them up tonight.

Tomorrow for Mother’s Day Mrs tk has requested donuts and the dog park in the morning. Should be a good time.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

my daughter and her best friend had their "friendiversary" today, so we had her friend and her parents over for dinner. nothing fancy, just hot dogs and corn on the cob. it was a good time.

also: got network cable run to my office so i can put an access point in there. tomorrow i get to try to run it to the attic.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

spent lots of time outside today and now I got a dang sunburn cuz i didn't think to put on sunscreen. I feel like I'm glowing

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I loving saw it holy poo poo

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
insanely jealous, that looks sick as hell

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

First time I saw the fox's fires was in the 1990s I'd just gone out to take a leak and happened to glance skywards instead of looking at my own piss (it gets boring you know - once you've seen it once etc. also no need to aim when you're out of doors) and went like "what the gently caress is that, why is the sky squirming?!?"

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

hit the pich & putt and grilled a rib eye yesterday

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
eating Trader Joes cinnamon twist danish, standing over the trash can like an animal

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
after several seconds of negotiation, my wife and i will do 30 minutes of weeding the garden, and then have mimosas

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
mother’s day lunch went well, even if mini logins is fulminating chaotic energies today

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

tk posted:

I bought a couple slide projectors recently I’m going to try and fire them up tonight.

The slide change mechanism in this Kodak Calvalcade projector is awesome.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah mine too. (It's me, it's a manual projector.)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i liked this photo i got of the fox fires. ty Jerry for teaching me about that name for them

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
time for coffee & Moto3/2/GP.

i almost went to the Le Mans Race this year, but the timing of the flights didn't work lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

crawled up into and down from the attic way too many times but i've got two PoE network cables up there powering two unifi ac ap lites. signal in the bedrooms went from -75 dBm to -40. just need to print off some rack holders for the two switches i got and i think i'll be all done with home network bullshit for a while.

the attic entrance is a ~2x2 opening in the bedroom closet and you gotta squeeze up through a gap between the closet shelves and the wall and i just barely fit lol

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

motoGP watched, wife picked up from airport and now im back at it headed to work. excellent weekend and im only at work 3 days this week!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Tried going to a lakeside park to go on swings and breathe in the delightful lakeside breeze but it was closed for renovations (plowing up earth and such),
so we stopped at the nearby brewery which is located across a parking lot's distance away from the lake and some piers where you can enjoy your beer lakeside.

They were playing live music from a group known as "Spare Animals" which was a violinist\vocals and a guitarist\vocals. Really entertaining and the beers were good too. :)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I ate too many onion rings

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i hope most of yinz called your moms today

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

poo poo

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

came to the mainland to do some shopping and get dinner with my mom. pretty tired today but honestly we’ve had guests and the weather has been amazing so i feel like ive been on vacation

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

graph posted:

i hope most of yinz called your moms today

mom status: called

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Midjack posted:

mom status: called

she had lots of stories to tell :swoon: and I have to send her my borealis photos :)

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
spent the weekend moving into my new house. i could use like 3 more days of weekend tbh

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

aw man, the weekend is too dang short again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Video Nasty posted:

aw man, the weekend is too dang short again :(

this keeps happening what the gently caress