Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Slasherfan posted:

It's looking like Halloween 2 and Final Destination 4 are oping on the same day, just wondering which one you guys will be seeings. I'd vote FD4, love the first 3, the trailer is cool and it's 3-D, shame the title sucks (The Final Destination?!?!?).
I hated the first Halloween remake, the trailer for part 2 is terrible, just saw a TV spot that looked like it had deleted scenes from House Of 1000 Corpses in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg9d16y3atA
I'll end up seeing both but Final Destination 4 is my top piority at the moment.
Yeah, this is a no-brainer for me: FD4.

I finally got around to seeing the Halloween remake last weekend. Well, I should say I got around to trying to see the Halloween remake. I knew I was in trouble when it opened with a 10+ minute intro of young Michael Myers and his lovely home life. I think I made it halfway through the movie before I just couldn't take it anymore. Bad acting, completely missed the point of Myers, about as much suspense as a Carebears episode. I have no intention of seeing the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.

Frontalot posted:

The camera. The loving pastel camera.

So it's shot in 1980s KY Jelly Glazed Camera mode? I've actually heard a few horror publications mention #3 before as being very cheesy--is that true?

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

timeandtide posted:

So it's shot in 1980s KY Jelly Glazed Camera mode? I've actually heard a few horror publications mention #3 before as being very cheesy--is that true?
Not the camera the film's shot with, but the camera the kid uses. I wanted one when I saw this as an adolescent and I've spent my years since battling the homosexual impulses my desire for a pink Polaroid left me with.

And yes, it's very loving cheesy. It was made for TV before made-for-TV wasn't such a bad thing.

Can't find a picture of the camera but here's an excerpt of Stepfather III so you can see what you're in for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP60p9FY6_o

Keanu Grieves fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 18, 2009

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Slasherfan posted:

It's looking like Halloween 2 and Final Destination 4 are oping on the same day, just wondering which one you guys will be seeings. I'd vote FD4, love the first 3, the trailer is cool and it's 3-D, shame the title sucks (The Final Destination?!?!?).
I hated the first Halloween remake, the trailer for part 2 is terrible, just saw a TV spot that looked like it had deleted scenes from House Of 1000 Corpses in it.
I'll end up seeing both but Final Destination 4 is my top piority at the moment.

Halloween 2 for me, I might see The Final Destination (I hate the "The" added to it) but after the third, I'm kind of hesitant about bothering.

And I'm one of the few who actually enjoyed Rob Zombie's remake, it's not perfect at all and I wish he'd ditch the constant White Trash stuff he seems to love but it's got some brutal scenes, the casting is great as usual and his soundtrack was fantastic (except the use of Love Hurts which was just stupid).

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
This is little OT but I don't think it deserves a topic of it's own.
I just saw some clips of Ax 'Em on youtube, hilarious. Looks like something some drunkin friends would do one weekend rsther then a movie that actully managed to find it's way into Blockbuster, WTF.
For those that don't know Ax 'Em is considered to be one of the worst slasher movies of all time. It came out in 2002. I never saw it but after seeing these clips I'm kind of interested.

Clip 1, I love how the music is despratly trying to make it seem like something is happening. I love the way he says Aw poo poo at the end, sounds like he forgot to put the kettle on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHuTJ-rqx7U

Can't even tell what's been said in this one, all I know is the guy with the clipboard is board. Lucky Christian Bale wasn't on set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuNybPKujr4&NR=1

I don't even understand this scene, all I know is I can hear CUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxwhliADq50&feature=related

Car running out of gas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDVe-9BYVZc&feature=related

Lots of laughter and fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD4nrYFfwSY&feature=related

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Wilhelm Scream posted:

And I'm one of the few who actually enjoyed Rob Zombie's remake, it's not perfect at all and I wish he'd ditch the constant White Trash stuff he seems to love but it's got some brutal scenes, the casting is great as usual and his soundtrack was fantastic (except the use of Love Hurts which was just stupid).

A really cool shot was just released from Halloween 2... no idea what it means or what is going on but it looks cool:

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I must say I really like the new Artworks for the new editions of the old Friday The 13th movies. Much better then before.

LeechCode5
Dec 19, 2004

Burn, Galactica! You're finished, Adama!

UncleMonkey posted:

I finally got around to seeing the Halloween remake last weekend. Well, I should say I got around to trying to see the Halloween remake. I knew I was in trouble when it opened with a 10+ minute intro of young Michael Myers and his lovely home life. I think I made it halfway through the movie before I just couldn't take it anymore. Bad acting, completely missed the point of Myers, about as much suspense as a Carebears episode. I have no intention of seeing the sequel.

I have to agree. I've watched the Halloween remake a few times now, each time thinking no way, I had to have been too hard on it, but then I see it again and I hate it even more than before. The movie is a total clusterfuck, and Rob Zombie clearly didn't know what he wanted to do with it. His usual hosed up redneck horror is fine as its own thing, I loved Devil's Rejects, but it doesn't loving work with Halloween. It just doesn't. So what we ended up with felt like two completely different, incompatible styles horribly glued together.

The only good thing in the movie (in fact brilliant) was the casting of Malcolm MacDowell as Loomis. If there'd been a better script, with a better director, I can't imagine a better choice to play Loomis.

Slasherfan posted:

I must say I really like the new Artworks for the new editions of the old Friday The 13th movies. Much better then before.

The new cover art is pretty slick, but I have one nitpicky, nagging complaint, and this goes for the Deluxe Editions of 4 thru 6 as well: Why the heck did they use the mask markings from Part 5 for all the covers? It really makes no sense, they clearly photoshopped the markings in, so why use the design from the FAKE Jason, instead of a more recognizable one?

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

LeechCode5 posted:

The new cover art is pretty slick, but I have one nitpicky, nagging complaint, and this goes for the Deluxe Editions of 4 thru 6 as well: Why the heck did they use the mask markings from Part 5 for all the covers? It really makes no sense, they clearly photoshopped the markings in, so why use the design from the FAKE Jason, instead of a more recognizable one?
Maybe George Lucas used ILM to reinsert the "missing" markings into these cuts.

Backstage Larry
Sep 20, 2004

"Unless you consider worlds coolest daddy a job."

The Remote Viewer posted:

The twist is the 'orphan' is actually a psycho adult woman with dwarfism pretending to be a child

Are you serious? Because that sound weird enough to get me to go see it.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I would see H2 if someone gave me $100 and paid for my ticket.

I would pay $100 to see The Final Destination.

PsychoGoatee
Feb 23, 2005

by Fistgrrl
I'll see them both, they look like fun. H2 has Brad Dourif, who's always awesome, and some Weird Al and Margot Kidder too, which should be interesting.

IMDB's Now Playing page for August has Final Destination listed for August 14th and Halloween listed for August 28th. I'm not sure if that's more or less up to date than the other sources, but maybe they won't be released on the same week after all.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
H1 was a clusterfuck, but it was a fascinating one. H1's only flaw was that it was entirely an intellectual exercise, with little emotional engagement. I don't expect H2 will be any less of a fascinating mess, and certainly not 'worse'.

Final Destination will probably be identical to every other movie in that series though. And wasn't the point of the first movie to be a big postmodern joke about horror movies being predictable?

I'm going to reward Rob Zombie because he's taking chances and doing something unique, even if it's unpopular with most horror fans. Good or bad, H1 doesn't resemble any other movie I've seen, and that's worth ten bucks to experience.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

New Halloween 2 poster. I like the fact it's called Halloween 2, not H2.
Ok poster, looks like ol Mikey is hacking his was through come corn or something.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Slasherfan posted:

New Halloween 2 poster. I like the fact it's called Halloween 2, not H2.
Ok poster, looks like ol Mikey is hacking his was through come corn or something.

The tuft of someone's hair to show that he is has someone is a pretty nice touch. Very subtle.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That's a really good poster. I could do without the tagline on the top though.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I got a major "The Good Son" vibe from the Orphan trailer. I don't remember if that movie was actually good; I haven't seen it since I was about 14 but I remember kind of liking it.

Pretty pumped for FD4 too. FD2 had the perfect mix of horror and humor so I don't know if they'll top that (they didn't for FD3), but it's one of those movies where the concept is interesting enough that I'll watch it no matter how bad the plot is. I just wish they'd connect all the movies in some way, it looks like this and the previous one were both stand-alone, where the second was an actual continuation of the story.

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

Blast Fantasto posted:

That's a really good poster. I could do without the tagline on the top though.
I actually like it.

Then again, I just watched the MoH episode Family, so the sentiment is resonant.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Bonk posted:

I got a major "The Good Son" vibe from the Orphan trailer. I don't remember if that movie was actually good; I haven't seen it since I was about 14 but I remember kind of liking it.

Pretty pumped for FD4 too. FD2 had the perfect mix of horror and humor so I don't know if they'll top that (they didn't for FD3), but it's one of those movies where the concept is interesting enough that I'll watch it no matter how bad the plot is. I just wish they'd connect all the movies in some way, it looks like this and the previous one were both stand-alone, where the second was an actual continuation of the story.

Actually,
in number 3, near the end where the main character envisions the coming train accident (or when the train accident actually happens, depending on how you were fiddling with the Choose Your Own Adventure thingie), there's a bum sleeping on a bench, using a newspaper as a blanket. Using the special features, and the CYOA, you can pause and read the newspaper. It basically says how all the surviving characters from number 2 fell into a wood-chipper. I might be wrong, but they might have also researched the past Final Destinations and what those characters did right/wrong, visions, death coming to get them, etc. I realize this is probably not what you had in mind as far as continuation goes, its not like they brought back a character from #2, but it does show a half-assed connection to the previous 2.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Tomero_the_Great posted:

Actually,
in number 3, near the end where the main character envisions the coming train accident (or when the train accident actually happens, depending on how you were fiddling with the Choose Your Own Adventure thingie), there's a bum sleeping on a bench, using a newspaper as a blanket. Using the special features, and the CYOA, you can pause and read the newspaper. It basically says how all the surviving characters from number 2 fell into a wood-chipper. I might be wrong, but they might have also researched the past Final Destinations and what those characters did right/wrong, visions, death coming to get them, etc. I realize this is probably not what you had in mind as far as continuation goes, its not like they brought back a character from #2, but it does show a half-assed connection to the previous 2.

They were actually going to do something to tie up the story better when they re-shot the ending for the third

The original plan was the two main characters from FD2 were also supposed to be on the train that crashes at the end of FD3. The actors couldn't make the shoot so it was dropped and they added the paper into the DVD version.

I'm hoping they bring back the CYOA feature on the DVD/Blu-Ray for FD4 as well as it was a pretty clever way of showing you what was cut or giving you different takes on the same scene. You could get the ending from the test screening and the original way the black dude was supposed to die if you made the right choices.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Sex Vicar posted:

The original plan was the two main characters from FD2 were also supposed to be on the train that crashes at the end of FD3. The actors couldn't make the shoot so it was dropped and they added the paper into the DVD version.

Aww. That really would've been cool too. I wish they could've at least gotten Tony Todd for all of them. He apparently did the loudspeaker voiceover for one of the amusement park rides in FD3, so I wonder why they didn't just write him into a role.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
I hope Sorority Row has a decent revilation as to who the killer is at the end. These days we either know who the killer is from the beginning (Like Jason from Friday The 13th or Michael from Halloween) Or the movie pulls a bullshit twist ending that totally cheats. Mostly involving the main character having split personality and not knowing they are the killer, scenes involving them being attacked didn't happen as we saw them.
I just want a good old fasioned de masking, no bullshit.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Wow Laid to Rest is bad. That's what I get I guess for listening to Bloody Disgusting who was getting paid to plaster ads for the movie all over the site.

BD Rating: 9.5
Average User Rating: 5

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I'll probably end up seeing Final Destination 4 when it comes out. I just enjoy watching the series as a horror movie picking on death paranoia with a very pitch-black sense of humor. Everyone suffering death by Rube Golberg devices is just too crazy of a concept to take seriously which is what makes the films to drat fun to watch. I wouldn't call them necessarily "good", but really fun to watch if you like morbid stuff like that.

It is being directed by the man who directed FD2, so you just know some really crazy deaths are going to be mapped out. I can't wait now.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

weekly font posted:

Wow Laid to Rest is bad. That's what I get I guess for listening to Bloody Disgusting who was getting paid to plaster ads for the movie all over the site.

BD Rating: 9.5
Average User Rating: 5

I didn't think Laid to Rest was that bad, other than the acting by the lead girl and a few other characters. The deaths were pretty good for the most part and while the killer was kind of retarded looking, his mean spirited streak was enough for me to look past that.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Duke posted:

I didn't think Laid to Rest was that bad, other than the acting by the lead girl and a few other characters. The deaths were pretty good for the most part and while the killer was kind of retarded looking, his mean spirited streak was enough for me to look past that.

Every single character was retarded and made the worst decisions. Also the killer was omnipresent/omniscient. I know, I know, SLASHER FLICK, but after BD hyped it up so hard it ended up being extremely disappointing. Though I laughed my face off at the Face split in half

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Yeah there's a weird war of the film makers going on with the 'Final Destination' series of films. Parts 1 & 3 were done by Morgan/Wong (Millennium Season 2 represent!) and parts 2 and 4 or done by David Ellis (I hope he has his writers from part 2 back - they also did 'The Butterfly Effect', whether you like it or not you have to say they have a vicious sense of humour). On the whole Morgan/Wong take the thing a bit TOO seriously, and I gather they made part 3 because they weren't happy with the jokey vibe that was part 2.

The thing I don't like about part 3 is how loving unlikeable everyone is. Given that they do the same thing in their 'Black Xmas' remake I can only assume it's done on purpose. They write these horrible characters and then bump them off in various mean spirited ways. It kind of adds a sour note to the whole thing for me.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Secks posted:

A really cool shot was just released from Halloween 2... no idea what it means or what is going on but it looks cool:

This looks like something I'd expect to see in the original Halloween III. I guess that's pretty cool.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Slasherfan posted:

Definitely seeing Final Destination 4. The Final Destination movies are probably my favorite horror movie franchise out there. Will probably end up seeing Halloween 2 because my friend really likes Rob Zombie movies, but I'm not psyched.

Rob Zombie makes horrible movies. In the H2 trailer I saw a creepy clown mask, a horrible mirror shot, Rob Zombie's wife, and Michael Meyers looking like Leatherface. I hate Rob Zombie so much.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Rob Zombie makes horrible movies. In the H2 trailer I saw a creepy clown mask, a horrible mirror shot, Rob Zombie's wife, and Michael Meyers looking like Leatherface. I hate Rob Zombie so much.

The Devil's Rejects owns though.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
A new Halloween 2 trailer was released today and it looks great.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Rob Zombie's wife

I agree with everything else but sorry,

this just can't be a negative.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I'm liking what I'm seeing. Looks to incorporate some of Halloween 2 but not missing the holiday itself. And he looks really imposing in his hobo gear as compared to being in a mask. Very intimidating.

I hope he's got some strong ideas to use in this one rather than bizarrely reusing the same imagery of a woman crawling away prostrate over...and over...and over...

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I forgot that Rainn Wilson was in House of 1000 Corpses and now it's really bothering me

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Secks posted:

A new Halloween 2 trailer was released today and it looks great.

That trailer looks better then all the other footage so far but the whole crazy hick stuff is still rubbing me the wrong way and I'm hoping the inevitable Laurie confronting her past scene isn't just "deleted scene from House of 1000 Corpses".

I do like the shot of him tipping the car over though, he actual looks like some inhuman giant.

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

RichterIX posted:

I forgot that Rainn Wilson was in House of 1000 Corpses and now it's really bothering me
Personally, that his name is Rainn is really bothering me.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
I'm confused, didn't Dr Loomis die at the end of the first Halloween? He got his eyes gouges out so how is he back with eyes? Or does it all depend on which version you saw?

HankMcCoy
Jul 26, 2006
Never trust the White man driving the Black van, he's saving all his voodoo for you
gotta say, i'm digging the H2 trailer. Is it vastly different looking the then original series? yea, but that's not a bad thing. The worse part about the original series was the strict copying of the original's formula with much less talented directors. This actually looks like a Rob Zombie Halloween movie. Highly stylized and not-adherent at all to the original, addressing what was the biggest problem of his remake.

I'm more curious then excited but that's enough for me to see it opening weekend.

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

Laid to Rest...what do you guys see in this movie? It was loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
Some news. Sorority Row has now been bumped up to Steptember 11th release date and Final Destination 4 got an R Rating for: strong violent/gruesome accidents, language, and a scene of sexuality.