Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Rad across the board. But I have two questions:

Grimster posted:

:wtf: is the deal with the giant loving spider?
Is the guy in the Porsche giving the finger to the guy in the vette?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
I thought the Corvette was getting a point-by, but now that you mention it... ;)

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!
This is Stella, my DD 1976 Jeep CJ-7. AMC 304 V8 with the factory AWD auto trans/trans. case combo. She's pretty sure footed in the winter snow/ice and makes it up hills/ruts my friends 90s+ XJ's and WJ's can only dream about.

Click here for the full 1024x685 image.

Click here for the full 1024x685 image.

edit: good citizen''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s''''''''''s's''''''''''sss 's's'' ''s's''''''''''''''s's don't break tables

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 9, 2009

Doctor Bud
Jul 25, 2008

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

DogDodger posted:

What track is that? The spider is interesting. Thanks.

I'm not gonna lie. I didn't even notice the FUCKOFF HUGE SPIDER until you mentioned it. No sarcasm, I was just too busy looking at a Rabbit, Vette, and a Porsche. Kind of sad, considering it dominates half the picture.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I think giant monster props are the key to road racing making a comeback in America, think of the headlines! (...ignore the idiotic typo :downs:)

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

Doctor Bud posted:

I'm not gonna lie. I didn't even notice the FUCKOFF HUGE SPIDER until you mentioned it. No sarcasm, I was just too busy looking at a Rabbit, Vette, and a Porsche. Kind of sad, considering it dominates half the picture.

No problem. I'm unfazed at seeing diverse cars on track at HPDEs. In this shot at VIR last November we see an A3, an RS 6, another A3, an Integra, an RSX, a 911, an A6, and me in an RS 4. :) Picture taken by Sideline Sports Photography.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

DogDodger posted:

No problem. I'm unfazed at seeing diverse cars on track at HPDEs.

I don't think he was saying the cars weren't worth looking at, he's saying he was more interested in the cars than the spider. I missed it at first glance, too.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
I must have misunderstood. I thought he wasn't accustomed to seeing such different cars on track at once.

pitchblende
Nov 17, 2003

I think I don't give a fuck about what u think. I think that without help anyone will suck in there. Also I think u need to beat it!
I just bought it at the beginning of the year. I love it so far.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

http://paintedover.com/albums.php?action=view&albumid=16057&s=sz46at

Doctor Bud
Jul 25, 2008

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

DropShadow posted:

I don't think he was saying the cars weren't worth looking at, he's saying he was more interested in the cars than the spider. I missed it at first glance, too.

We have a winner! I phrased that badly, in no way condescending of the photo. It's a good picture in my opinion. I also love how there is a Porsche and a Vette behind the Rabbit :D

Makes me kinda fuzzy feeling inside, and kinda humorous, regardless of the fact that he was probably being lapped.

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

DogDodger posted:

What track is that? The spider is interesting. Thanks.

Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the school at the Talladega Gran Prix track in March (I think it is) and then hopefully be able to actually run in ITB this year where I'll be on track with "like" cars (meaning I won't be the slowest thing out there by a factor of 100 hp or more).

Doctor Bud posted:

Makes me kinda fuzzy feeling inside, and kinda humorous, regardless of the fact that he was probably being lapped.

And lapped and lapped... Lots of fun though. In the twisties though, the little Rabbit could keep more speed than most of the vettes/vipers but once out of the twist it was just not even funny how fast they'd pull in the couple of feet I could put on them in a corner.

Ein Windir
Jun 23, 2008
My new (to me) 2008 Sierra SLE 1500 Ext Cab.

Also, my 1984 Hurst/Olds.

(not my picture, but exact same car to a tee.)

I don't have a picture of my 1953 Pontiac Chieftain with a rebuilt 4-bolt main 350. I'm using lead for the body work and shaving off all the door handles.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

metalhead posted:

:smith:

(bit of a fanboy here)

If this is your car, I could kinda swear you might live close to me.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Randi Challenger posted:

If this is your car, I could kinda swear you might live close to me.

It's not-I have a silverfrost se. Tred is actually one of the more uncommon colors.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
lot of bmws in here, guess i'll add mine

'08 135i

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Kuvo posted:

'08 135i

I really like these. I wanted to get one until I saw how expensive they are. Driving impressions?

Garth Vader
Jul 10, 2007

by Peatpot

Grimster posted:

And my 87 Grand National because they rule and I always wanted one:

Love the exotics in this thread, but this car is where it's at. That is a fine ride, sir.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

Grimster posted:

Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL.
Cool, thanks. Audi Club is going to Barber in November, I believe. I hope to be there.

Grimster posted:

And lapped and lapped... Lots of fun though. In the twisties though, the little Rabbit could keep more speed than most of the vettes/vipers but once out of the twist it was just not even funny how fast they'd pull in the couple of feet I could put on them in a corner.

It's a ton of fun catching high-horsepower cars in turns. The Rabbit was the only obviously track-prepped car in that shot, which is one reason why I thought nothing of the cars' positions. ;)

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.

Kuvo posted:

'08 135i

I think I would love this car!
I read Jeremy Clarkson's review of it in the Times.
He says its probably the best car BMW makes, even beating the M3.
Being about the same size as the original M3 and with even more power, it brought him straight back to the crazy 80s..

Sounds pretty unbeatable to me..

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

Ein Windir posted:

Also, my 1984 Hurst/Olds.

(not my picture, but exact same car to a tee.)

My peepee seems to have developed rigor mortis.

I approve this car (or your car that's exactly like it).

DogDodger posted:

Audi Club is going to Barber in November, I believe. I hope to be there.

Go, it'll be a blast!

A.C.A.M.
Dec 25, 2004

may our nation state be always second rate
My shopping trolley, AKA the poor man's Golf GTI

All stock here, even original Continental tyres:

I think I had the skinny Michelins on here, and yes I'm aware that the exhaust sits crooked:

with bonus video (can anyone pick what the car is in the foreground?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NcZ-LnsPAE

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

A.C.A.M. posted:

My shopping trolley, AKA the poor man's Golf GTI

Between you and the guy with the hot Focus, this whole forum's ready to invade Europe and take what we want by force...

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I'll guess RX8.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

That is a fast little poo poo. I love the Polo GTI, I wish we got them here. It'd be a fun little car to squirt about in.

edit: I want one just like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymvWPyq3cIU

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 10, 2009

A.C.A.M.
Dec 25, 2004

may our nation state be always second rate
It's a Ford Focus XR5 (ST) -Spiffy-, but I can see where you're coming from.

The Polo isn't that quick but a lot of fun, shame about the intermittent shifting problem that no one can diagnose :(

I might just also say thanks to everyone who posted their photos, I really enjoyed reading this thread.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

DropShadow posted:

I really like these. I wanted to get one until I saw how expensive they are. Driving impressions?

it grabs the road like velcro and 300hp is plenty for me. also, those breaks can give you wiplash

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

Kuvo posted:

it grabs the road like velcro and 300hp is plenty for me. also, those breaks can give you wiplash

Pad compound is largely what gives you "whiplash" (initial bite), not the calipers.

Ein Windir
Jun 23, 2008

Grimster posted:

My peepee seems to have developed rigor mortis.

I approve this car (or your car that's exactly like it).

Here is a picture of my car 2 summers ago (I remembered an ex-car club still had the picture on their website.). Also included is a picture of my Dad's '68 Camaro with a 396.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

My car at a buddy's place in the fall after a wax. I can't wait for nice weather again.

Strawberry
Jul 20, 2005

here is no why
My bucket

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Strawberry posted:

My bucket

Very clean, I dig it.

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up

Strawberry posted:

My bucket

what's under the hood? ZC? a turbo D16?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Are those Kosei K1s? If so how much were they? I looked for them after I got my car last year and it sounded like they were out of production (at least in my car's size).

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Finally got around to washing my car, so what better time to snap a couple of photos.

2002 Focus, 1.8l engine, nothing much modified as of yet aside from the wheels and various cosmetic bits but I have got some plans for her.

And bonus interior shot:

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005

:fap: i love this! ughhhhhhh what a gorgeous color :) Blue will never get old on cars

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

VolumeOverTalent posted:

Finally got around to washing my car, so what better time to snap a couple of photos.

2002 Focus, 1.8l engine, nothing much modified as of yet aside from the wheels and various cosmetic bits but I have got some plans for her.

And bonus interior shot:

Needs more sparco.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

VolumeOverTalent posted:

Uh, did you pull the engine before this picture? That is some insane wheel gap front to back.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Contraband posted:

Needs more sparco.

I know. :cool: Yay for brand loyalty. They make good stuff, and their colours match my car.

And yeah, I didn't realise how big the front wheel gap was until I took that picture... that'll be on my 'to do' list, I think.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

VolumeOverTalent posted:

I know. :cool: Yay for brand loyalty. They make good stuff, and their colours match my car.

And yeah, I didn't realise how big the front wheel gap was until I took that picture... that'll be on my 'to do' list, I think.

Why not save your money trying to tart up an econospec focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

DoesNotCompute posted:

Uh, did you pull the engine before this picture? That is some insane wheel gap front to back.

VolumeOverTalent posted:

Please, fill the gap with tire, and not with lowering. :(