Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Anime Kiwi: Season 2 - Kids on the Slope + Chihayafuru

YouTube | iTunes | Google Play | RSS | Website

Genre:
TV/Anime

Release Schedule:
Weekly, every Sunday (hopefully)

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:
Mike likes anime a lot. Cat doter? Not so much. Listen as Mike shows doter that anime has more to offer than bad plot, yelling, and scantily-clad women.

Most Recent Episode (Episode 4):
This week on Anime Kiwi we started watching Chihayafuru! We also talked about Pixar, High School, and Griffin McElroy.

Episodes Discussed: Chihayafuru (CF) 1-4

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
Next week we will be talking about episodes 5-8 of Chihayafuru! Things apparently start really picking up in these next few eps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neilpeartnoy
May 21, 2006

Podbean | iTunes | Facebook | Twitter

What is it:
Two 30 year olds watch rad movies from the 80's and one of them forces his 14 year old daughter to watch them as well. What does she think of these once (possibly still) rad films? What do our hosts think of them now?

Genre:
Film/Nostalgia/Comedy

Release:
Sometime on Monday around midnight EST, every Monday

Goon:
Neilpeartnoy

Most recent episode:
http://thiswasrad.podbean.com/e/ep-44-howard-the-duck-1986/
Ok kiddies, break out the flannel and decoys cause there's a new duck to hunt, Howard the Duck! The 1986 comic book movie where a walking talking mallard lands in Cleveland and discovers a rock band. In this cast Willow surpasses her own interrupting ability by doing so without speaking, we delve into the movie making process of George Lucas, and we talk about the strict physical requirements of working at a nuclear reactor. All this plus Greg and Willow impersonate the Lucas' brothers and nearly kill Paul with laughter.

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

This is how I feel when we're apart, derMoerder. Good thing I'm outside your window now.

decipherSciFi

What is it:
Each Tuesday we share our rationally optimistic enthusiasm about society, technology, and the future through sci-fi movies

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:
TV/Film Arts/Entertainment

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:
Twitter | Instagram | Patreon

Most recent episode:

Interstellar (Part 1)

In episode 38
: we realize that there is so much stuff to talk about in Interstellar that we have to split it into two episodes. Here is part 1: most not-physics. Dustbowl connections, blight, robots. Basically the first third of the film :)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

A Horrible Premise

Available on: iTunes Stitcher Blubrry Podbean RSS

Social Media: @HorriblePremise A Horrible Premise on FaceBook

Genre: Comedy, "game show", improv

Release Schedule: Saturday, should things go according to plan!

Goons: LobsterMobster as the only quasi-permanent guest because I'm basically always available to join a recording session; fatherdog showed up a few times

What even is this thing? A Horrible Premise is an improv comedy podcast disguised as a game show. Contestants are given the title of a fake TV show and several key words and must craft a pitch for a show using the key words as plot/storyline/character elements. After a contestant pitches, the "executive panel" (The other guests and the host) then question and comment on how much they love or hate the idea and what it will take to green light the show.

Most recent episode: "Episode 13: A Basket of Chicken Dicks"

WARNING: This episode contains Chad

With that out of the way, Jessica, Mike, Dave and Chad do battle with pitches, granola, horse-splosions and rank ignorance. Best to avoid if you are Dutch.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Available on: Stitcher | RSS | Website | iTunes | Soundcloud

Social Media: Facebook

Genre: film analysis, theory, and criticism

Release Schedule: once every two weeks, on Friday

Goons: just ol' china bot

Description: Yet another lo-fi film discussion podcast, with the emphasis on discussion, featuring films that are obscure (Corn's-A-Poppin', Mondo New York), bizarre (Uzumaki, Brain Damage), or just under-analyzed in general (Man of the Year, Lakeview Terrace). I have a degree in film and no success in the industry, my co-host/girlfriend is an artist, and each episode's guest is a strongly opinionated friend (if we can find one). I also open each episode with samples from the film being covered, to give some context for the discussion.

Most recent episode: Episode #9 - Frequency

Paolo and Carrie are joined by writer/director Tony DiBiase to discuss the 2000 father-son drama-thriller Frequency. Topics include major tonal shifts, Rian Johnson's love of Frequency, and the legendary Bermuda Smile.

Next episode: Triangle (2009)

china bot fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 25, 2017

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Genre:
TV/Anime

Release Schedule:

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:
Mike likes anime a lot. Cat doter? Not so much. Listen as Mike shows doter that anime has more to offer than bad plot, yelling, and scantily-clad women.

Most Recent Episode (Episode 5):
This week on Anime Kiwi we talked about The Rules of the Game, Bullying, and DOOM.

Episodes Discussed: Chihayafuru (CF) 5-8

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
Next week we will be talking about episodes 9-12 of Chihayafuru! They start playing their esoteric card game for realsies in these ones! Exciting!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

A Horrible Premise

Goons: LobsterMobster as the only quasi-permanent guest because I'm basically always available to join a recording session; fatherdog showed up a few times

What even is this thing? A Horrible Premise is an improv comedy podcast disguised as a game show. Contestants are given the title of a fake TV show and several key words and must craft a pitch for a show using the key words as plot/storyline/character elements. After a contestant pitches, the "executive panel" (The other guests and the host) then question and comment on how much they love or hate the idea and what it will take to green light the show.

Most recent episode: "Episode 14: Assful Chaps"

I'm afraid I've got some bad news....it's our Wade Barrett Memorial Show. Everyone's favorite Wade Barrett fangrrl Ari joins Jess and new blood Jeff to give Wade a vast array of career options to ponder as his WWE career ends. From demon-hunting prospector to artisanal crack maker to roller derby jammer, he can do it all!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Joe-Ryan-546792155357754
RSS: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:186677188/sounds.rss
Direct Episode Link: Soundcloud | iTunes
Genre: Political commentary/opinion/other random stuff
Released: Whenever
Goon: VH4Ever
Description: Join me for another Joe Ryan Podcast as I first tackle the sheer chaos resulting from the Nevada state Democratic convention fallout and the role of bullying in the election. I save a little shade for the boycott Target bathroom warrior crowd and also SJWs among us who must have their opinions screamed at others to be heard.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 30, 2016

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Adventure Incorporated

podbean: http://adventureinc.podbean.com/
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/adventure-incorporated/id1102454157?mt=2
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adventureincpod

Genre: Adventure / Fantasy / Comedy
Released: Every Monday
Goon: BreadSetJettison (Asher the Druid)

Episode 7: Temple of Sallius Part 4 of 4 - "Sallius Forth"

The Many Pennies delve deeper into the temple to find the Shi'ay Tome, but find more than they expect in its dark bowels. Will they survive the perils that beset them? Where did all the undead come from? Also, Jebeddo loses more equipment.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Synesthesia Theatre

Genre: Audiodrama serial antholgy
Released: Every other Tuesday
Goon: Psychopomp

What it is: Synesthesia Theatre is an audiodrama serial anthology. We present 8-12 episode serial stories starring professional vocal talent from the Chicago theatre and indie-film scene. Our first serial, "Iron Horses Can't Be Broken," is an 11-part western mystery. The first 9 episodes have been released. If you're not into westerns, the second serial — a 9 episode cyberpunk thriller — has just wrapped production and should start up immediately after "Iron Horses" finishes up.

Website
iTunes
Android
Google Play
RSS

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Tim and Katie in Pajamas
https://timandkatieinpajamas.wordpress.com/
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Timandkatieinpajamas
Psychology
Weekly.

New Zealand. A weekly phone call between Wellington and Auckland friends. We talk about thoughts we've been having during the week. We also have conversations with friends who are interested in psychology and misc. navel gazing about society.

I guess you would find this interesting if you're curious what eyes young New Zealanders see the world through. At least, us!

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

This is how I feel when we're apart, derMoerder. Good thing I'm outside your window now.

decipherSciFi

What is it:
Each Tuesday we share our rationally optimistic enthusiasm about society, technology, and the future through sci-fi movies

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

Interstellar (Part 2)

In episode 39
: we tackle the rest of Interstellar. Pretty much the space and physics stuff this time. At one point we even call up the ghost of Carl Sagan to help us explain what a tesseract is. :D

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

A Horrible Premise

Most recent episode: "Episode 15: I Didn't Mean To Apologize"

It's a handicap match for the ages as Jess takes on the Nothing In Particular podcast, which may or may not be a real thing. Anyway, while Jess didn't expect Sassy, she served it right up to her opponents Chuzz hot while they continued on their mighty quest to serve only the whims of the King Of All Furniture. It's just another spin-off episode, and it was so convoluted it just might work!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheEdgeOfChaos
Genre: Political commentary/opinion
Released: Usually bi-weekly on average, sometimes weekly and sometimes once a month
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 71, "Mental Health in America" - In this special edition of The Edge of Chaos, we address the issue of mental health in America; specifically how it is treated, how it was dealt with over the last 120 years or so, and how the social stigma of mental health affects a person's ability to identify issues they may be dealing with and seek treatment. We also start to branch out into a discussion of how to tackle stigma in both procedural and cultural ways, and how to raise awareness of mental health issues amongst young adults who are prone to developing mental health issues as they first become adults.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Adventure Incorporated

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/adventure-incorporated/id1102454157?mt=2

Episode 8 "The Alchemist's Tower" Part 1 of 4 - "The Merchant of Menace"

Character Management! (I swear this will become less frequent once they get a few levels under their belts) The Many Pennies make the journey home, but a chance encounter with a merchant along the way makes them change course. What will they find when they face The Alchemist's Tower? How excited will Jebeddo be? Find out! Also, Asher speaks owlish.

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

decipherSciFi

What is it:

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

Transcendence

In episode 40
: Transhumanist presidential candidate Zoltan Istvan is on the show with us talking about Transcendence, the singularity, transhumanism, atheism, techno-utopianism, AI, living forever. It's a fun ramble around futurism in general. :)

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Description: Yet another lo-fi film discussion podcast, with the emphasis on discussion, featuring films that are obscure (Corn's-A-Poppin', Mondo New York), bizarre (Uzumaki, Brain Damage), or just under-analyzed in general (Man of the Year, Lakeview Terrace). I have a degree in film and no success in the industry, my co-host/girlfriend is an artist, and each episode's guest is a strongly opinionated friend (if we can find one). I also open each episode with samples from the film being covered, to give some context for the discussion.

Most recent episode: Episode #10 - Triangle

Paolo and Carrie are joined again by writer/director Tony DiBiase to discuss the 2009 mystery-thriller Triangle. Topics include Timecrimes, lying to your audience, and a surprising amount of Greek mythology.

Next episode: Lakeview Terrace (2008)

china bot fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 25, 2017

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Baba and Ganoush Beer Tasting Podcast

YouTube | iTunes | RSS | Website | Facebook

Genre
Arts, Food, Conversation

Release Schedule
Monthly

Goons
Just me

Description
My podcasting partner and I taste and compare beers with a focus (but not exclusively so) on Chicagoland microbreweries. Each episode will compare similar beers of a specific type (Wheat Ales, Pilsners, etc) with a different type every episode.

Most Recent Episode
Episode 5 - Live at Baderbrau (Audio) - Today, we venture into our first on location recording session at the Baderbräu grand opening. We try a total of five beers the brewery had on tap, discuss the next generation’s failure to understand cornhole, and fail to remember the actual names of the beers we taste.

Next Episode
At the end of June

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Animation Historia

Youtube | Website | Soundcloud

Genre
Film History, Animation, Culture, Arts, conversation

Release Schedule
Monthly

Goons
Me and the occasional other goon guest

Description
Animation has been a thing for over 100 years now, and surprisingly people still don't see it as a valid art style. Animation is more than just a series of pictures for little kids, its the blood, sweat and tears of artists, directors, and studios who have produced animated pieces. This podcast is about their stories, as well as the occasional story about kid's cartoons.

Most Recent Episode
Episode 1 - Introductions

Next Episode
2nd-ish Week of July

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

decipherSciFi

What is it:

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

The Man From Earth

In episode 41
: SA Goon Adrian Falcone is back on the show for The Man From Earth: the biology and psychology of immortality, human evolution, human history and language, more.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Neilpeartnoy posted:

This was rad

Willow's an absolute blast;
"Yeah, so the train is coming and I'm like 'Wow, 10 minutes in and suicide. That's fun! How's your movie doing? Cuz this is what mine is!'"

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Genre:
TV/Anime

Release Schedule:

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:

Most Recent Episode (Episode 6):
Back at last from the world of technical difficulties and scheduling hell is Anime Kiwi!

This week we went over the episodes from The Lost Podcast (9-12) and we also talked about last week's guests, why superhero comics are terrible, and Final Fantasy 14.

Episodes Discussed: Chihayafuru (CF) 9-12 + 13-16

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
Next week we will be talking about episodes 17-21 of Chihayafuru! Please look forward to it!

Neilpeartnoy
May 21, 2006

What is it:
Two 30 year olds watch rad movies from the 80's and one of them forces his 14 year old daughter to watch them as well. What does she think of these once (possibly still) rad films? What do our hosts think of them now?

Genre:
Film/Nostalgia/Comedy

Release:

Goon:
Neilpeartnoy

Most recent episode:
http://thiswasrad.podbean.com/e/ep-47-stand-by-me-1986/
When I see my first dead body I hope my friends Stand By Me! Yes, the adolescent film about 4 friends who take a road trip to see a corpse. On this cast Paul remembers searching TV guides for a particular type of movie, Willow correlates a dead body to a fashion show, and we discuss the teachers quota for ruining children's lives. All this junkyard stand up comedy.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Released: Usually bi-weekly on average, sometimes weekly and sometimes once a month
Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 72, "Primary Season Wrap" - In this episode we mark the conclusion of the 2016 presidential primary season with an analysis of the state of both the elections, and the major parties involved. We debate the tactics of both Hillary and Bernie, we analyze the ability of Trump to gain votes in various demographics, and somehow try to weigh the ability of each candidate to actually execute the duties of the presidency. Lastly we weigh possible VP picks and guess at the possible effect of Gary Johnson on the electoral map.

ALSO:

We did a live broadcast today, after the above show was recorded, with the subject of the Orlando night club shooting and its aftermath: https://soundcloud.com/neurotoxin-joeryan/edge-of-chaos-live-june-12-2016

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

decipherSciFi

What is it:

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

Serenity/Firefly

In episode 42
: With Serenity on the podcast we talk Firefly, languge evolution, cyberpunk vs scifi western, Joss Whedon, reaver origins, religion, lotsa callbacks, more.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Genre:
TV/Anime

Release Schedule:

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:

Most Recent Episode (Episode 7):
This week we talked about water metaphors, mind temples, and plans for the podcast post-Chihaya.

Episodes Discussed: Chihayafuru (CF) 17-21

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
Next week we will finish Chihayafuru! We'll also figure out what the first special we'll do between seasons is.

mancub
Aug 27, 2002

THE PLURAL OF YOU - The Podcast About People Helping People

Genre: Society & Culture > Personal Journals
Released: 1st & 15th, every month
Goon: boytree
Description: I am collecting interviews with leaders who are making a difference in the lives of others.

The latest: Defending the Earth from Asteroids - Danica Remy (POY 31). Danica is the COO at the B612 Foundation, an organization out to detect and deflect asteroids before they can impact the Earth. Here she shares their unique mission.

Other episodes that goons might enjoy:

How to Award Politeness Points - Bill Durkin (POY 28)
BeArded WARRIORs, A Veterans Support Group - Ty Oswald (POY 22)
AbleGamers & Video Game Accessibility - Steve Spohn (POY 21)

Website | iTunes | RSS | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Most recent episode: Episode #11 - Lakeview Terrace

Paolo and Carrie are rejoined by Wade to discuss Neil Labute's 2008 domestic drama-thriller Lakeview Terrace. Topics include our protagonists' terrible relationship, everybody hating Chris, and the "dangers" of spermjacking.

Next episode: Images (1972)

china bot fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 25, 2017

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Joe-Ryan-546792155357754
Genre: Political commentary/opinion/other random stuff
Released: Whenever
Description: Join me for another Joe Ryan Podcast (recorded live on June 19, 2016) as I first address issues leftover from Orlando, but move quickly into Donald Trump: both his response to Orlando and the whispers of a possible delegate revolt ahead of the convention. Also: could this all be a con so Donald can launch DonaldTV? We wrap with a discussion of scapegoating and the Muslim community in America since the Orlando shooting.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 30, 2016

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Adventure Incorporated

Episode 11: The Alchemists Tower part 4 of 4 - "The Dragonborn Identity"

The Many Pennies have a fateful encounter with the alchemist at the top of the tower. What they learn there shakes them to their core. Plus at least two other huge things I can't even tell you about. Just listen to the episode already. Also, Jebeddo tries to ask nicely.

(seriously a lot of plot happens)

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Podbean / RSS / iTunes / Stitcher / Google Play Music

Genre: History
Released: Alternate Tuesdays
Goon: General Ironicus

Episode 3: The Comics Code Authority

History Honeys is a show my wife and I just started where we teach each other about cool stuff in the past. Each episode ends with a coin flip to see which of us is in charge of the next episode's topic. This time, I teach her about The Comics Code Authority; its beginnings, its effects, and its legacy. If it seems like my co-host doesn't say much, it's because she was too busy trying to keep her composure in the face of the all-too familiar story of misplaced outrage and artistic repression. She made some incredible faces, though. Is scapegoating and censorship the path of least resistance? Can history remember anyone for more than one thing? How long of a shadow can one moment cast?

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

decipherSciFi

What is it:

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

Tomorrowland!

In episode 43
: With Tomorrowland on the podcast we talk science fiction utopianism, rational optimism, Walt Disney, Worlds Fair, feeding wolves, past visions of the future, more.

Oh man I loved this movie so much <3

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Genre:
TV/Anime

Release Schedule:

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:

Most Recent Episode (Episode 8):
On this episode of Anime Kiwi we finish watching Chihayafuru. We also talk about teen lingo, how to end a series, and doter's problems.

Episodes Discussed: Chihayafuru (CF) 22-25

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
Next week we will have a Special on Princess Mononoke, an anime film classic! We also made a poll to help us decide which movie we watch after that: http://bit.ly/AKSpecialPoll1
Lastly, Season 3 will be about Monster. It's not for a few weeks, so you have times to get your hands on it.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

Guardians of Legality

Soundcloud | iTunes | Website

Genre:
Legal/comic books

Release Schedule:
Biweekly

Goons:
Ulta

Description:

An actual lawyer, but not your lawyer, discusses with his comic book friends possible legal issues that come up in comics. Is Spiderman criminally negligent for the death of Gwen Stacy? Can Bebop and Rocksteady sue Shredder for malpractice for turning them into mutants? How does Dr. Doom keep getting away with his scemes? Find out, and remember, before you suit up, lawyer up!

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

Ulta posted:

Guardians of Legality

An actual lawyer, but not your lawyer, discusses with his comic book friends possible legal issues that come up in comics. Is Spiderman criminally negligent for the death of Gwen Stacy? Can Bebop and Rocksteady sue Shredder for malpractice for turning them into mutants? How does Dr. Doom keep getting away with his scemes? Find out, and remember, before you suit up, lawyer up!

i like this

what a fun idea

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Description: Basically The Edge Of Chaos is a podcast with me and my hardcore Randian libertarian Ron/Rand Paul supporting friend from high school (I am a former libertarian and current Progressive liberal) debating various current events, political and economic theory, or anything else that's interesting in the political sphere. Episode 73, "Race Politics" - In this episode we hit the issue of Islamophobia hard, especially as it has become a part of the US presidential election in the wake of attacks in Paris and Orlando. We confront those who have expressed dismay at the rise of non-white ethnic groups in America, and break down the notion of a "white ethnic group" altogether, before rounding out the show with some commentary on Brexit, the role of race politics in the Brexit vote, and a breakdown on the effects of walls as border control.

derMoerder
Dec 1, 2000

decipherSciFi

What is it:

Get it:
iTunes | RSS | Website

Genre:

Release:
Weekly, every Tuesday

Goons:
derMoerder, McBigHuge

Social etc:

Most recent episode:

Jupiter Ascending!

In episode 44
: With Jupiter Ascending on the show, we talk Jupiter, the Fermi paradox, space feudalism, gene editing, Channing Tatum with his mouth open, more.

Not as bad as you thought/remembered! We'll tell you how :)

Neilpeartnoy
May 21, 2006

What is it:

Genre:
Film/Nostalgia/Comedy

Release:

Goon:
Neilpeartnoy

Most recent episode:
http://thiswasrad.podbean.com/e/ep-50-over-the-top-1987/
Truck drivers, arm wrestling and a custody battle? We watched Over the Top! The 1987 Sylvester Stallone vehicle where he tries to win his son over by winning an arm wrestling championship. In this cast Paul asks where are the real trucker songs, Greg thinks this movie could've been a bit MORE over the top, and Willow proposes the first 5 second rule poisoning. All this plus Willow really cuts to the core of this movie.

We're trying to hit 5,000 total downloads before episode 53, so I would appreciate any help you goons can throw our way. We changed things up and had Willow weigh in on the movie first and I think that was a mistake. Also if anyone wants some TWR stickers or DVDs join the facebook group and post that you want stickers or DVDs or both.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Anime Kiwi Special

Release Schedule:
Whenever we can't have a regularly scheduled episode (or whenever else we feel like), releases on Sunday (or maybe later. before Thursday, at least!)

Goons:
mikeycp, cat doter

Description:
On Anime Kiwi Special we watch anime movies. Watch along with us! Audience participation is encouraged (send an email to: anime at gamekiwi dot net! We usually record Wednesdays around Noon PST)

Most Recent Episode (Special #8):
This week on Anime Kiwi we have a Special about anime classic, Princess Mononoke. We also talk about Zelda and Voice Acting.

Audio Version
YouTube Version

Next Time on Anime Kiwi:
Next week we will talk about MegaZone 23 Episodes 1 and 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Most recent episode: Episode #12 - Images

Paolo and Carrie are joined again by Wade to discuss Robert Altman's 1972 psychological horror-drama Images. Topics include the rules of dream logic, whether or not Repulsion is scary, and the classic children's book In Search of Unicorns.

Next episode: Rat Race (2001)