Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Chillyrabbit posted:

What version of teamspeak do I need, or the max version allowed?

TFR supports TS3 and I believe versions before 3.0.14, but all I can say for sure is that I'm running the latest and the plugins work fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Chillyrabbit posted:

What version of teamspeak do I need, or the max version allowed?

Latest or max version is perfectly acceptable, if not recommended, in this case.

SoapyTarantula
Jun 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So far so good. :stonk:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SoapyTarantula posted:

Bitch please.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

welp, isp decided to poo poo the bed and I haven't had internet since 10am.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
I so wanted to play too I even set aside time and everything!

Then my brother needs me to drive him around town for 5 hours at half an hour before you guys started.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
That's too bad you guys couldn't play. We ended up getting 8 people (7 players, one zeus), which is probably the best turnout since things started dying off in ArmA 2.

If the player count keeps going up, maybe we can split up into a couple of squads/fireteams and try some of the longer range radios in TFR.

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
I've created a PWS repo for those who'd like to use it

pws://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2041499/ARMA%203%20Repo/Goons.yml

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

SoapyTarantula posted:

Please do not take pictures of me without my permission.

Unrelated, is there a goon modified Stratis Zeus map somewhere I could get a hold of? If the opportunity ever presents itself I have some things we might be able to do if Soapy wants to shoot mans rather than Zeus a session.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Strumpie posted:

Unrelated, is there a goon modified Stratis Zeus map somewhere I could get a hold of? If the opportunity ever presents itself I have some things we might be able to do if Soapy wants to shoot mans rather than Zeus a session.

The one we played this weekend is one we've just added AGM modules to and should be available in your MPMissions Cache folder in the AppSettings folder somewhere.

I'll probably sit down with LEA this week to add some of the STI weapons to the map just for variations sake. Although with the clipping issues we encountered I might skip the M4's and give everybody SCAR's instead.
No idea what caused the issue with bandages not working though. Might just go with dropping a bunch of FAKs into people's inventory instead and let AGM do its magic with those.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Oh cool, didn't know game days were happening. I'll definitely show up for the next one, i've got an itching for ARMA lately.

e: i swear to god play with six isn't even a program, just an elaborately coded waste of time and energy, just going ahead and downloading and extracting took about a fifth of the time I spent fiddling with PWS

klapman fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 7, 2014

SoapyTarantula
Jun 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I remember posting a screenshot of my PWS client that looked exactly like one of those shady as gently caress websites with 8 "DOWNLOAD HERE" buttons.

Strumpie posted:

Please do not take pictures of me without my permission.

Just one of many, babe. :c00lbert:

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Session starting up today. Cooked forgot :911:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Whoops, forgot about this.
Also I wish my machine would stop hard locking itself randomly whenever I play A3 but I guess it's just my machine starting to show its age or something like that.

:siren:ACEGOONS A3 Session:siren:
Date: September 13th 2014
Time: 13:00 PDT / 21:00 BST / 22:00 CEST
Where: On someone's hosted A3 server.
Purpose: To play Arma 3 and allow people to get used to it.
Requirements: The ACEGOON A3 Addon repository available through here.

Addon installation procedure:
Step 1. Add modfolders to game directory.
Step 2. Start up game.
Step 3. Game menu option "Configure" -> Expansions
Step 4. Activate all the addons.
Step 5. Restart game when asked to do so.
Step 6. Profit.

ACEGOON A3 Addon Repository contents as of 27/8/2014:
@CBA_A3 - Required Mod Framework
@AGM - Medical, weapon resting, FCS, backblast, ballistics, etc..
@TFAR - Radios
@sthud - Shack tac HUD
@ASR - AI fixes - Update available >>here<<
@STI - NATO Rifles, Light and Heavy Machine guns, AT and Grenade Launchers
@ASDG - Allows addon weapons to use in-game attachments
@US_helos_Kimi_v101 - Adds US Helos ported over from Arma 2
Current filesize: ~391MB

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Excellent job, no civilians survived contact and we destroyed the worlds supply of iPads.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah gently caress the iPad 18.

Impix
Dec 20, 2007
The Guilty Undertaker
Will the wednesday sessions return any time soon?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Highly doubt it at this point in time considering our player numbers.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Its really a bummer that no one was recording. Sick flips and benny hill tank would have been great highlights.

Also give us better optics soapy zeus :argh:

AirborneNinja fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 18, 2014

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

In other news, Play With Six is adopting a premium pay model.

:siren:ACEGOONS A3 Session:siren:
Date: September 20th 2014
Time: 13:00 PDT / 21:00 BST / 22:00 CEST
Where: On someone's hosted A3 server.
Purpose: To play Arma 3 and allow people to get used to it.
Requirements: The ACEGOONS A3 Addon repository available through here.

Addon installation procedure:
Step 1. Add modfolders to game directory.
Step 2. Start up game.
Step 3. Game menu option "Configure" -> Expansions
Step 4. Activate all the addons.
Step 5. Restart game when asked to do so.
Step 6. Profit.

ACEGOON A3 Addon Repository contents as of 27/8/2014:
@CBA_A3 - Required Mod Framework
@AGM - Medical, weapon resting, FCS, backblast, ballistics, etc..
@TFAR - Radios
@sthud - Shack tac HUD
@ASR - AI fixes - Update available >>here<<
@STI - NATO Rifles, Light and Heavy Machine guns, AT and Grenade Launchers
@ASDG - Allows addon weapons to use in-game attachments
@US_helos_Kimi_v101 - Adds US Helos ported over from Arma 2
Current filesize: ~391MB

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Addons installed, alarm set, I'll be there.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
So is the server information going to be posted or something? And a Mumble/TS/Vent? Game is supposed to start in a half hour...

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Leif. posted:

So is the server information going to be posted or something? And a Mumble/TS/Vent? Game is supposed to start in a half hour...

Oh, the Teamspeak 3 info is just Gooncave.com and we currently still don't have a set server so we usually work that out in Teamspeak as the session is about to start.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
OK, is it OK if I join a few minutes late, got to get TS set up, but I'm coming.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Sorry about the rather abrupt end to that session.
My machine seems to take issue with playing A3 for too long before hardlocking itself. We'll probably have to look into a dedicated setup for real to make this thing work so I don't end up ruining all the time.

I probably have to look into a complete computer overhaul as well if I wanna continue playing this.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
ggs had fun look forward to next week

i enjoyed the medic stuff

-- edit: only complaint was that we didn't actually start the op until 70 minutes after it was scheduled to start.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 21, 2014

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Still had fun learning the new systems in ACE which I haven't used in forever. Sucks server died right when I was getting the hang of things both times too. First time I had flanked a bunch of dudes and wiped them out, went down, and just got healed back up to continue my assault when the server crashed. Second time my squad was crossing a danger area and busily wiping out all kinds of terrorists, and I had just opened up on a team trying to sneak around the back.

thanks for putting up with me!

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
To add on to the discussion from earlier between the first and second ops:

To help do away with the need to respawns, what we if we had ops that didn't take a long to compelte? Say, 30 minute or 45 minute ones? Like I said earlier when I originally suggested that you guys finally make the move to ArmA 3, I like to think of myself as pretty good at mission making... so I can do this if you guys want. I actually have a little portfolio of playable missions we could use right now or even next week if you wanted to.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
If you die and there is 45 minutes left, poo poo sucks.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Holding your dick for 20-45 minutes staring at a black screen because a sniper instakilled you or your vehicle got rpged at the start of an op isn't fun.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
edit: meh forget about it

Completely agree with you guys here. Here's another perspective on the topic:

Of course it's worth restarting if people get killed at the start of an op, but if they die halfway through the mission, should they be allowed to come back as their same role if they die? What if I'm a squad leader and I get picked off 25%~75% into a mission? When I respawn, should I still be squad leader or should I just be another member of the squad?

Stuff like that is the motivation for why I'm bringing this up. The same point can be made for all sorts of other important roles: CAS Pilots, Medics,

If the ops were short (30~45 minutes), we would have actual consequences for dying as opposed to just saying "lol its k ill just respawn." We all want to play Army Man here, of course, but

---

Also, I'm almost done with a mission for you guys to play next week if you want. It's for 20 players, and the mission is to seek and destroy two armored vehicles hidden in the central forests of Stratis. I call it "Fear of the Dark," after the Iron Maiden single from the early '90s. If there are any requests for equipment loadouts for certain roles (players are NATO and AI are CSAT), let me know and I can set it up.

edit^2: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=316743305 is the mission. Because of the Steam Cloud, you can just click the Subscribe thing and whenever I update it, it'll auto-update for you next time you try to run the mission (if ever). I'll probably add my other missions that I've made in the past as well, I guess. This mission only took me ~2 hours, so it's just a simple little gimmick to play to pass the time.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 21, 2014

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

What do you mean I'm not on the list?

Soapy and myself enjoy sling loading.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
I am honestly a little impressed that it didn't send both the quadbike and the littlebird into orbit the moment the quadbike touched the ground.

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

Spoggerific posted:

I am honestly a little impressed that it didn't send both the quadbike and the littlebird into orbit the moment the quadbike touched the ground.

It's actually probably the most polished thing I've ever seen Bohemia do, the ropes are full physics instead of fake attachTo trickery, the weight of the vehicle even influences the helicopter and can drag it off course.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

How many shooting trials have you done now that Vehicle shooting has been included? Just to see what's in store for that.

I'm eagerly awaiting any possible Generation Kill Humvee missions for when the DLC comes out.

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

How many shooting trials have you done now that Vehicle shooting has been included? Just to see what's in store for that.

I'm eagerly awaiting any possible Generation Kill Humvee missions for when the DLC comes out.

Smoother than expected, you can be pretty accurate even at high speeds.
Can shoot from the benches on the back of the transport truck, benches of helicopters that have them, back of the offroad, from the side of the inflatable boat. Not from the ATV.
Downsides are most helicopters have their doors shut so you can't fire from them and range of motion is fairly limited for no reason on most seats.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Sloane posted:

Can shoot from the benches on the back of the transport truck, benches of helicopters that have them, back of the offroad, from the side of the inflatable boat. Not from the ATV.
Downsides are most helicopters have their doors shut so you can't fire from them and range of motion is fairly limited for no reason on most seats.

There is a doors mod for this that allows you to open the ghosthawk/merlin doors. It's been re-released on the BI forums but I have an older version of it as well, same funtionality in both.

But otherwise it's a pretty smooth implementation, you say?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Sloane posted:

Oh my god, this sounds like the best thing ever. :d:

This is actually a DLC I'm kinda excited in getting judging by this because this will make future missions really interesting in many ways.

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

LCL-Dead posted:

There is a doors mod for this that allows you to open the ghosthawk/merlin doors. It's been re-released on the BI forums but I have an older version of it as well, same funtionality in both.

But otherwise it's a pretty smooth implementation, you say?

Would need a mod to open the doors and a mod that allows firing from the inside seats or sitting in the door and firing. The seats you can shoot from are a new kind of seat and don't function the same as the old ones.
You sit relaxed but trying to shoot puts you into a special stance where your upper body rotates and you can ADS and shoot. I think you return to normal sitting if you don't aim down sights for a while.

We fired from the back of a transport truck while driving over rocks and hilly terrain at full speed and did several tests from the benches of helicopters that supported it.

The movement doesn't have any of the funky feel you'd expect from our experiences with Arma, your aim gets jittery during quick turns but is otherwise good.

E: Bonus screenshots

Soapy glitches the animation blending

We drop a sub from a helicopter going 200km/h, it bounces off the ocean and goes into orbit at 4900km/h getting several minutes of hang time. Sling loading glitches are few but are really extreme when they happen.

Sloane fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I'm doing my little happy dance here in my cube.. Can you imagine the direction the modding community is going to take this?

• Locked thread