Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Right but i need to keep it from running the VQ3A ruleset or whatever.

its literally just /callvote gameplay vq3 and /callvote gameplay cpm to switch between them, its really not a big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

We should put Civ 4 on one of the servers and do a pitboss game.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

zen death robot posted:

I should I put the UT2K4 server on the master server list?

sure as long as we can kick pubs if they're annoying or whatever

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
anyone wanna do a cpma duel on zdrs serv?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm to tired or I would.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And I think I have to reboot my PC to try to stop this hitching up it's doing which I don't feel like doing atm. Maybe later.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I support a cpma server and a vanilla server because I love vanilla quake 3 gently caress all this having to learn crazy new physics poo poo

Oh god it's happening I'm becoming an old jaded human being

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I think Surc is running vanilla, but I don't know if it's CTF or FFA or what

I think it's CTF but I suppose he could always run FFA.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Kazvall posted:

I support a cpma server and a vanilla server because I love vanilla quake 3 gently caress all this having to learn crazy new physics poo poo

/callvote gameplay vq3

now youre playing vanilla quake 3 thats better than actual vanilla quake 3 on zdrs server

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

/callvote gameplay vq3

now youre playing vanilla quake 3 thats better than actual vanilla quake 3 on zdrs server

Don't you tell me what's better than vanilla quake 3.

Okay, I'll see you on the server.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

How much spyware you got on that thing?

I can't remember the last time I had a PC do that

None as far as I know.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It was the windows updates or something I don't know.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Brother, not to be mean but when I watch you move around in FFA it don't even seem like you learned the old physics poo poo. lol...

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Brother, not to be mean but when I watch you move around in FFA it don't even seem like you learned the old physics poo poo. lol...

What has quake live done to me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well you look like when you try to circle and strafe jump you whip the mouse and then jump instead of, as I like to say, whipping yourself into the jump with the mouse. I never pov'd you but I have to assume your doing more then just jumping when I see you just jumping normally... right.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Well you look like when you try to circle and strafe jump you whip the mouse and then jump instead of, as I like to say, whipping yourself into the jump with the mouse. I never pov'd you but I have to assume your doing more then just jumping when I see you just jumping normally... right.

I dunno I was just testing my sensitivity and settings just launching the game for the first time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well I'm talking when we played QL, as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know very much about moving in cpma but I spent a lot of time learning and trying to teach folks what I knew about moving in vq3/l, so I'm just throwing things out there.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well I recall only playing one game with ya but gently caress son I'll get some practice in sheesh :colbert:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Again, not trying to be mean. In this sitch it was more about how you don't seem so old that learning cpma movement is out of the question... I know you might of been joking but you know.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Add me to steam wormskull so we can talk about yiffing please

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Never, for a second, pretend I'm being serious on a comedy forum. Biff Sizzlechest has no feeling. Only chests upon chests sizzling from the blood of my foes.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This is truly the summer of George.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I like the old "my pc is running like poo poo must be windows updates running on a Sunday" thing....those come out on Tuesday Wormskull.

If you have a lovely PC I guess that's one thing, but I mean that some serious poverty gaming to have a PC that's hitching up on Quake 3 in 2014

I don't know what it's supposed to be but rebooting mostly fixed it. It's not like serious hitching it's just periods of time that wouldn't be sensible if they were any shorter, but when it's the difference between the mouse moving 1 degree and 5 it gets annoying.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I think I probably need to tone this down a little bit

Mine is at 450. That said it doesn't matter very much since you can just adjust the sensitivity in game (it's called m_speed in cpma for w/e reason, I guess for consistency).

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mine don't even come with software or drivers or w/e which is chill. It does make it annoying when I want to play a game without a m_yaw/m_pitch equivalent and have to plug in a deathadder and use that ridiculous software and feel the nasty sticky sides of the mouse.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
how bout some ut or cpma

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

UT would put me to sleep and my brain isn't working fast enough to maintain the required presence of mind for cpma. Sorry.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

UT would put me to sleep and my brain isn't working fast enough to maintain the required presence of mind for cpma. Sorry.

take a cold shower
smoke more cigarettes
get addicted to speed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm straight edge and also, have very sensitive skin.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I'm straight edge and also, have very sensitive skin.

uh

cut yourself I hear that's all the rage and floods your system with endorphins to keep you awake!

okay don't actually do this

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

bloodmobile stepped on all my kittens in quake

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
lets play ut, all

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

lets play ut, all

please, can we

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I really need a better way to dodge because in practice only being able to dodge right isn't exactly useful.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
that feel when you double kill two players who are much, much better than you are

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

To date, I still can't deal with accurate, hitscan, long range weapons.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the server needs: to speed up map vote time limit

team scramble

a website thing that tells you when people are on the server.

order of importance here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i have discovered that while i love UT2K4 i am absolutely terrible at it.
watervesi has insane skills in hitting from across the map.