Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
and at the end of last day he made case on jake to give himawfl an out and promised more but it didn't devleop because it too is fakelies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Meinberg posted:

I don't like JakeP hammering here. If I die, I think he needs a heavy lookover. If I live, I'll see what I can do.

this

why on earth would meinberg die. a) is scum b) is scumy c)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
QHY WOULD JAKE BE SUPICIOUS WITH MEINBERG TOWNDEATH??? NOT thingg. not a thing agtall.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
did you all sleep while i walked

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
hes makin good points

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
evil isusless against my twin hellfire cannon

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i think the suspicous comment was an awkwardly worded last words thing, not a if i die jakep is scum. he was just saying i was scum in case he died. ``

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

i think the suspicous comment was an awkwardly worded last words thing, not a if i die jakep is scum. he was just saying i was scum in case he died. ``

but with 2 confirmed town obv he wasnt going to

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
sre but in what universe is neinberg a nk target

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
yah what you said

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
if he believe what he said, it wouldnt matter if he died or not, he would think your hammer was bad regardlss. but he never touched it agian

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh boy. Sorry y'all. Sorry me.

Also I had a dream that I woke up and we won and I'm sad it's not true yet

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hi hello?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Poque posted:

Hi hello?

Hi

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
can we talk about how until this day, Meinberg talked about how super town I was but now that he's backed himself into a PoE case he's forced to try to make something up? And yet he still hasn't made a case based on anything I've done or said, but thrown together a giant WIFOM of the Hal NK and talked about what other people have said about me?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Meinberg's case on me last night, this game day:

Meinberg posted:

I mean, yeah. It's probably Poque. Just him killing Hal seems odd to me, since Hal was convinced of Poque's townness. Sure, Hal might clear others, but Poque having someone on his side would help a lot.

Meinberg posted:

But killing Hal would put the cop flip into the public eye, likely convincing more, like it did yesterday, that Poque was most likely town.

Meinberg posted:

I mean, Jake certainly could be willing to play mind games with us in a cruel attempt to drive us to madness. But I'm not going to bank on that. If Jake is scum, then congrats man.

I could be scum, but I'm not. I've been playing loose, relatively at ease, and honest. It's all in the tone.

Giving a day vig to scum in this setup seems incredibly unlikely. Giving a Godfather to scum in this setup seems far more plausible. But going off of setup speculation is weak pool.

Now, as to how the dead scum reacted to CPig and Poque:

Bigup DJ: Calls Poque town, ignores CPig after the initial anger posting. For comparison, tries hard to bus Grandicap, ignores DGK.

DGK: Says he is willing to vote Poque, calls CPig town. For comparison, ignores Grandi, votes for Bigup.

Grandi: Claims that CPig set Bigup DJ's nickname at the start of the game, doesn't really talk about Poque. For comparison, ignores DGK, and tries to form a case on PM based around comparison to Bigup.

Meinberg posted:

Based on careful tabulation of the dead scums' post histories, I'm inclined to think that Poque is the last member of the scum team.

LITERALLY NOTHING about my actual participation or any sort of read on me. Solely WIFOM (that resolves into nothing) and scum posts about me.

Later:

Meinberg posted:

Let's work this out tomorrow. I don't feel confident going after anyone besides Poque, and I don't feel comfortable lynching a drunk guy.

"I don't feel confident going after anyone besides Poque" aka I feel confident going after Poque, but he STILL WON'T VOTE because it's a made-up case he's forced to make, backed into a corner

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##Vote meinpoop

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ya i guess that looks right ##vote meinberg

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I really hope we made the right choice, I have a sneaking suspicion it was poque

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If it's not Pig then we're good

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Poque posted:

If it's not Pig then we're good

Unless it's Jake in which case he deserves it if it's true.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
he would've hammered last night and i'll be mad if i wasted all my effort today

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

meinberg, Joe Hardy, town aligned vanilla, was killed D5

Jake, Rusty Cohle, town aligned vanilla
And
CPig, Lennie Briscoe, Town Aligned One Shot Vig
Have been endgamed

Poque, Robin, Mafia Aligned godfather, has won for the scumteam

How exciting!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
gently caress

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
god DAMNIT meinberg

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I wanted to lynch Poque.

But Poison, capps and JakeP turboed me.

Good job, scum. Glad you pulled it off.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Scum could have potentially won this game really fast, right? There were only two mislynches?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I was so torn between poque and meinberg but I got duped :(

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah in retrospect 4 might have been a bit much, I'm not used to 14 players. Although with how bad they got rolled in the early parts it was close

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Juanito posted:

Scum could have potentially won this game really fast, right? There were only two mislynches?

Potentially. I put all my eggs in the Poque basket fairly early on, after Bigup was super obvious.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This is the first game I think I've seen where having open discussion nights dramatically helped one side and influenced the game. I cased Grandicap in day 1 twilight, was killed for it, and then Grandicap got lynched on day 2.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

This is the first game I think I've seen where having open discussion nights dramatically helped one side and influenced the game. I cased Grandicap in day 1 twilight, was killed for it, and then Grandicap got lynched on day 2.

Compliment or complaint?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Town gets a half win, two musky niches is a bad way to lose

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

Compliment or complaint?

Ecco said in the Discussion Thread how he's never seen twilight discussion matter in a game. Just an interesting item where this is the first counter-point to his argument. I think I like open threads at night.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
merk's casing made a big difference, I think.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Mislynches. Not musky niches. Holy poo poo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Ecco said in the Discussion Thread how he's never seen twilight discussion matter in a game. Just an interesting item where this is the first counter-point to his argument. I think I like open threads at night.

I'm definitely a proponent of them, I don't think I've had closed nights in over a year

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Poque posted:

So gross.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Thanks for the game, Opop. I enjoyed it.

Getting targeted by merk is terrifying, and put me on tilt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Poque posted:

You may have a drinking problem.

• Locked thread