Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mewnie posted:

So a thing happened on PSOW tonight:

:suspense:

That Nov 19 update really added a lot of new content for UK users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
Magic? Pssh, it's called photons :colbert:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I guess this is a little better than last time a spam bot went on a PSOW rampage, offering cheap and affordable cyclophosphamide and cytarabine.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
nico stream is goin on, but for now here is somone who instantly uploaded the trailer they showed for the update 2 weeks from now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECI_5wSBzDk

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-live-broadcast-26-recap/

Late December update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSOYuH1r7ZA

and the new opening video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTVFIWkiseY

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 18, 2014

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

and this theme was found in the prepatch. I hope its the Christmas em theme.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
I'm speechless. That's amazing.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
That's the daytona guy, right? Hell loving yes.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So I logged in to check how much the new affix system is.

On a 10* weapon:

So basically, the new affix system is meant for allowing more options, but will cost you some serious mesetans

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like Sega finally murdered Verizon since I'm getting the ip block error now after months of not having to deal with proxies.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
best part of the update

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

Devour or Fire posted:

It looks like Sega finally murdered Verizon since I'm getting the ip block error now after months of not having to deal with proxies.

Haha, I just switched to verizon this month. Looks like my vita is gonna collect dust again...

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I live and brazil and never had any issue with connecting to the servers. Now both the game and the site are down for me. I guess the IP block is not that accidental.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
And here I hoped they might someday REMOVE some ISPs from their shitlist.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I dunno how long it's been there, but I found a Bayonetta "let's dance boys!" cd for sale the other day. It won't be leaving my jukebox for some time, I think (until one of the Jeanne fight themes or something appears anyway).

So, which new PAs are good?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno how long it's been there, but I found a Bayonetta "let's dance boys!" cd for sale the other day. It won't be leaving my jukebox for some time, I think (until one of the Jeanne fight themes or something appears anyway).

So, which new PAs are good?

Bayo discs were arkuma's last(or current) prize list, so expect them to be down in price for a while.
(I bought both with Ark points right before maint)

Anyway, to those wondering about affixing, you still need the same number of affixes as a bare minimum to affix stuff. So, 3slots requires other 3slots or greater.

Also, new souls are out. Anga soul is +20 S/R/T attack, +4 PP. And ult. Rockbear is like, +35Satk, +3PP, +5 dex.
There are others too, but ult souls really up the game

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Nov 20, 2014

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
The new bow PA Chase Arrow apparently gives you a persistent effect that shoots an arrow when you do damage with any other bow PA, stacking up to 3. I haven't had the opportunity to test drive it yet myself, but people are reporting that the effect is not based on where you actually use it, so you can fire it off three times in advance, and as long as you don't change zones, your next bow PA will get 3 Chase shots. This works even if you teleport into a boss arena after putting it up.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh hey, comcast can connect to pso2.jp this cycle. neat.

I'll still be operating the proxy though; we don't know how long this will last :shepface:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's only one CD I want, and This Is My Happiness is apparently such a rare FUN Scratch item that it sells for 10.5mn+ :(

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES
Someone asked a while back about getting the secret code necessary to link your account from PSO2es to your main PSO2 account. Unfortunately, this required sending a ticket to Sega before, and if you had ever signed into your account from outside of Japan in the past, they'd most likely send you back a message saying "Sorry but this service is JP only etc etc etc".

The most recent PSO2es update has finally added an automated code re-sender to the app. If you got locked out of playing ES due to not writing down your code before, you can now get back in and play.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno how long it's been there, but I found a Bayonetta "let's dance boys!" cd for sale the other day.

It's been in for well over a year now along with Mysterious Destiny: http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/room_03.php#nav

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

AndyAML posted:

Someone asked a while back about getting the secret code necessary to link your account from PSO2es to your main PSO2 account. Unfortunately, this required sending a ticket to Sega before, and if you had ever signed into your account from outside of Japan in the past, they'd most likely send you back a message saying "Sorry but this service is JP only etc etc etc".

The most recent PSO2es update has finally added an automated code re-sender to the app. If you got locked out of playing ES due to not writing down your code before, you can now get back in and play.

Oh wow that's really good.

Makes me wonder why it took so long to implement that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Makes me wonder why it took so long to implement that.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Sometimes I think Sega intentionally executes bad ideas just so they can later fix them and make it seem like a big update.

Stockholm syndrome, the game company.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Every once in a while they do something genuinely good though, look at Valkyria for PC. They're patching that game quite rapidly.

(now fix your hilariously awful lobby code Sega)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

LiquidRain posted:

Every once in a while they do something genuinely good though, look at Valkyria for PC. They're patching that game quite rapidly.

(now fix your hilariously awful lobby code Sega)
Tell that to Japanese PC gamers who can't get it despite being a Japanese game.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

NextTime000 posted:

oh hey, comcast can connect to pso2.jp this cycle. neat.

I'll still be operating the proxy though; we don't know how long this will last :shepface:

I glanced over this the other day but I'm from Minnesota with Comcast and I can also connect directly now. I had a couple friends who didn't want to bother with the proxy on top of everything else just to try the game, so even if something goes wrong with it again down the line at least they'll try it now.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Eigo posted:

I glanced over this the other day but I'm from Minnesota with Comcast and I can also connect directly now. I had a couple friends who didn't want to bother with the proxy on top of everything else just to try the game, so even if something goes wrong with it again down the line at least they'll try it now.
yeah I went back to using my proxy anyway just because I did a treacert command and it looks like my connection takes a weird winding path. Really the big thing about this for me is that I could easily set up the One-Time-Password so I can get an additional 200 bank storage; because drat I needed that.

and yeah, using pso2proxy is as simple as copying a url and pasting it into a text box.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I dunno if it was in dispute or not, but the Phantasy Star Nova demo works on Vita TVs, so I tried it out a bit. Yeah, it's definitely a PSO2 spinoff, somewhat simplified and full of tiny areas with long load times and a low frame rate. I think I'll stick with PSO2 on the PC.

edit: Tri-Ace is involved and the music sounds like it might be Motoi Sakuraba, so my brain gets all confused with Star Ocean.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 29, 2014

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's absolutely Sakuraba, yeah. Tri-Ace were the main developers.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It's been ages since I've played this game. I stopped a week or so before the DDOS that took down the servers and made Sega block a bunch of foreign isps. How have things changed since then? Is the balance better? Is the post 30 grind still as awful as I remember?

Edit: I don't really want or need specifics, I just want a general overview

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 29, 2014

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Leveling is a lot faster with daily orders that just dump xp on you,and exp boosters are cheap.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Tengames posted:

Leveling is a lot faster with daily orders that just dump xp on you,and exp boosters are cheap.

Oh that's cool. I rarely bothered with dailys back when I was playing, even the ones above my difficulty level didn't really have enough of a reward to bother with.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

THE loving MOON posted:

Oh that's cool. I rarely bothered with dailys back when I was playing, even the ones above my difficulty level didn't really have enough of a reward to bother with.
Yeah, at some point I was like "wait, 180,000 meseta? Is a decimal point in the wrong place or something?"

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, at some point I was like "wait, 180,000 meseta? Is a decimal point in the wrong place or something?"

Dang. I never had that much cash on hand unless I lucked into a shop pass and got to sell exp boosters and costume bits.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
My only concern now is for the 50-70 grind when Extra Hard starts going into full swing; right now is fine because the only XH things are Urban Recovery, Elder, and Ultimate Quests (horrible for exp, and currently has no repeatable COs tied to it; you are only there for the challenge and drops) but once XH stops being tied to only UQs and EQs then things might get problematic for anyone trying to get a class past 55 (the current "subclass can still earn 10% EXP" cap)

Daily Orders are the saving grace that prevents most people from hitting UQs 24/7

The real idea is to get one class to 70 as soon as you can, then subclass/feed COs to the other classes until they get up to par; but at some point you may still need to just hunker down and main the class you are leveling just to get those last few levels out.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

THE loving MOON posted:

Dang. I never had that much cash on hand unless I lucked into a shop pass and got to sell exp boosters and costume bits.
Yeah, suddenly I was flushed with cash like I never had been before. If you combine the 160k that the daily order gives you for doing a time attack with the 180k that what's his name gives for the same time attack, that's some serious money in a short time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man, after experiencing the electric mayhem of techer + wand reactor, I am wondering if I am doing all the other classes completely wrong, because they are nowhere close in damage output. My wand is doing 3000-3500 damage per normal attack (and AOE damage too), at level 45. All my other classes are doing 400-600 damage per normal attack.

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
That might just be the pure insanity of Techer. What's your gear stats and skill trees?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

NightfallGemini posted:

That might just be the pure insanity of Techer. What's your gear stats and skill trees?
Full magic boost, full wand reactor, full wand lovers, bouncer as a subclass also with full magic boost and boost for crafted weapons, a mag with 95 m-atk assist right now, and a ex-level 11 wand with 50 lightning elemental damage, among other things.

edit: and a wedding dress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

NextTime should be able to tell you and me if we're doing things wrong, but as someone who just hit 65 with Te/Br, that massive damage flattens out pretty fast. I'm doing 5-6k per hit wand bonking things, but my actual tech/arte/spell/whatever damage is pretty bad, certainly far worse than wand bonking. I was doing roughly 4k around level 40-50 as well, subclassing Braver with Avg Stance and a 190 DEX mag with Braver Stance.

Most times it's quicker to run up to things and bonk than try and charge a spell or two for me, a real pain in the rear end in mining defense. You might have better luck since you're subclasses Bo instead of Br. I'm having some success by putting points into elemental and light damage and using ilgrants on my Te trees, but that reduces my effectiveness as a support character.

It's a mixed bag - you'll never hit as hard bonking things as you would with a PA as Hu/Fi and you can't match the DPS of a Braver since bonking is slower than any katana PA, but you don't consume PP bonking damage out (you gain PP), it's not awfully low damage by any measure, and you are a mob master with zondeel-bonks provided you time things right and don't get murdered.

edit: I am still highly enjoying being Te/Br. Katana invincibility combined with the power of the bonk, but I am definitely far behind on the T-ATK since everything I have is for boosting S-ATK. v:v:v

LiquidRain fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 1, 2014

• Locked thread