Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
people keep attacking me while i'm fighting forest mobs so when i hit 'a' suddenly i'm in a player fight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redrock
Jul 17, 2014

wesley snypes posted:

people keep attacking me while i'm fighting forest mobs so when i hit 'a' suddenly i'm in a player fight!

doh! that's happened to me a couple times. especially at lower levels where i was clearing the forest really easily, i was just mashing buttons really fast and not really reading what was happening - before you knew it, I was fighting another player (and usually dying!)

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
for god's sake people

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

wesley snypes posted:

sorry wesley i couldn't find anyone that matched up to me that i could fight. then all of the sudden you had twice as many hit points the last fight so i ran lol

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
yea i leveled up so you would piss off lol

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
so i tried changing my name again to get different colors and the look i got while practicing at the other inn looks completely different than what my name would change to. then i tried checking in an inn conversation and my words didnt change color, so im thinking the parsing on my terminal is hosed

are the colors supposed to be this spastic?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i didn't have the impression that the parsing actually happens in your terminal. sounds like something that would happen on the server and tell your terminal what characters and colors it should print

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i didn't have the impression that the parsing actually happens in your terminal. sounds like something that would happen on the server and tell your terminal what characters and colors it should print

ya the colors are programmed in the enemies have them pre set, for their names and weapons and death lines etc... gently caress, i set many of them. alot are random and i just banged the keys a bunch until it looked ok and called it a day.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
well idk then. it looked fine when i practiced but then when i went to change my name the colors didnt work at all and some of them appeared as different colors entirely. even going for a solid color wouldnt work properly

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
that's extremely weird cuz they all have behaved the same for me always

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

it's still doing that thing where i can see people playing but the day hasn't reset for me

so i can play at 8 at night and 9 in the morning EST, but it should be 8 am

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

yeah uh can sniep or jonny log me out? i'm not actually playing and can't connect so

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Testiclops posted:

yeah uh can sniep or jonny log me out? i'm not actually playing and can't connect so

killed your ghost.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Testiclops posted:

i guess that explains why you wouldn't respond at all trying to slaughter you last night multiple times haha

i thought a log on would time out on the server end automatically if it didn't receive input for a while

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
woo

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

:toot:

that's a lot of damage dang

The Reasonable Man
Oct 16, 2014
Best door games that aren't on YOSBBS

-Exitilus
-Trade Wars
-Barren Realms Elite
-BarneySplat
-Kannons N' Katapults

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Trade Wars sounds awesome

is TW2002 good and still a game that would work on bbs?

The Reasonable Man
Oct 16, 2014
The BBS dropped my connection and now I'm ghosting a node and can't log back in.. some scrub is gonna steal my sweet <F>orest money and Gems.

LP0: Yes.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

The Reasonable Man posted:

The BBS dropped my connection and now I'm ghosting a node and can't log back in.. some scrub is gonna steal my sweet <F>orest money and Gems.

LP0: Yes.

i punted your ghost.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The Reasonable Man posted:

Best door games that aren't on YOSBBS

-Exitilus
-Trade Wars
-Barren Realms Elite
-BarneySplat
-Kannons N' Katapults

K&K was hilarious

BRE is kinda boring without other bbses to beat up on cause it just turns into popularity contest: dialup edition

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
yay i killed Snatch And Paste. nothing against him, i just feel good about being lucky to do that

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i'm sort of a newb to these bbs games, but so far i can say Lord is really fun even without having any nostalgia factor

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
yeah lord is pretty much the only bbs game i have ever played and the first time i played it was way past the dialup era. i am way too young for bbs's mostly because the place i grew up didnt even know about the internet until around 2000

The Reasonable Man
Oct 16, 2014
LORD is built solid, has mass appeal and definitely stands up to time -- there's even a web based spin off called Legend of the Green Dragon -- http://lotgd.net. Probably Trade Wars is the only other door game that holds up so well.

Usurper is good fun, more folks here need to get on that. Though was more entertaining back in the day with the setting enabled to steal the other player's equipment when you kill them.

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

i logged in and my computer BSOD'd.
i think my ghost needs another booting

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
ARGHHHHHHH SHAGGAR THE GREAT gently caress THAT GUY

i was all pumped and playing my jams and lost like 500,000 gold

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
violet left me already lmao

also got one-shot by a bear of love

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

wesley snypes posted:

violet left me already lmao

also got one-shot by a bear of love

that is one of my favs imho

i was so stoned making up these enemies lol

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
it looks like Wheerior has mastered the D

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sniep posted:

it looks like Wheerior has mastered the D

What does that even mean

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i too have mastered the t like many of you, but i don't even know when or why that happened

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Tusen Takk posted:

What does that even mean

its skill class, you "master" it at 20 pts and "MASTER" it at 40 where there i no more to even do with it

when you 20 pts your skill class you get a colored letter on the list, when you go all the way you get it in bright white

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sniep posted:

its skill class, you "master" it at 20 pts and "MASTER" it at 40 where there i no more to even do with it

when you 20 pts your skill class you get a colored letter on the list, when you go all the way you get it in bright white

can you master multiple classes?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Tusen Takk posted:

can you master multiple classes?

yes. when you 40 one you have to pick another and it keeps going.

it takes multiple dragon slays to even get 2 mastered.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
i have a T mastery apparently, even though i only have like 5 uses. did pick up the final mage skill today tho

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
finally got my name to work

i had to go with `2`$`2Gus`2 but it worked!

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

It's the most wonderful time of the year. Finally the BBS is back.

I'll play some lord tomorrow but wanted to share some sweet philez i uploaded before I went to bed. Thanks YOSBBS

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
can't connect. maintenance i presume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah, sorry, for some reason coreOS is getting a bunch of updates lately so i had to reboot

• Locked thread