Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Rarity posted:

When did this turn into the Comic Book Movie Megathread?

When 2015 decided it wanted to be the year of Comic Book Movie TV Shows. Or 2016. Or 2014. The boffins still seem to be working on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Oh yeah, Powers came out in 2015 didn't it. Was that any good?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Rarity posted:

When did this turn into the Comic Book Movie Megathread?

Because Goons who hate superheroes really, really want you to know they hate superheroes.

Edit: Actually I just found out this is happening, so they're right. gently caress superheroes.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 10, 2016

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

OldSenileGuy posted:

Perhaps I'm a fool, but I'm really excited about 11.22.63. I didn't realize it comes out so soon, and the trailers look pretty good. I thought the book was the best thing that King has written in a good long while, so expectations are high.

Anyone know if Hulu is releasing it Netflix-style, or if they're going week by week?

I'm excited too, but I don't think it will be Netflix style. Hulu's other shows have always been released week by week, so I assume this will follow the same process.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

hcreight posted:

Because Goons who hate superheroes really, really want you to know they hate superheroes.

Edit: Actually I just found out this is happening, so they're right. gently caress superheroes.

As long as he's not writing it, who cares? An experienced film director as a guest director is almost always cool. If he was writing and episode, that would be different.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

hcreight posted:

I hate superheroes! I hate Undertale! And boy oh boy do I hate the Xbox One!

-the next five pages are enveloped in a rising tide of angry buzzing-

Snak posted:

An experienced film director

quote:

Kevin Smith

Ahahahha

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

As long as he doesn't demand that Barry pees his pants at some point I guess I'll be okay with it.

A Jason Mewes cameo is inevitable though.

Also that.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 10, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Well, he is.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
On tv tonight: Lord of the rings 1 or Training Day?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I meant it in the literal sense. He's made a half-dozen feature motion-pictures.

Edit: ^ Training Day, no question at all.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

training day how is that even a loving question

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Who watches movies on TV?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

blue squares posted:

Who watches movies on TV?

Who watches TV on TV?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What's a TV? Is it like a Streambox?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I just close my eyes and remember old friends episodes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Has all of Happy Endings always been on Hulu? Anyway, looking forward to finally watching it, pilot was fine.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

It get much better after the first few. Season 2 is when its really good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ABC actually did the smart thing by airing it out of order, because it paced things a bit better. They tried to get that show an audience at least, I don't know why it didn't gel with a mass audience who wanted a new Friends. I guess it was just a little too snarky, but that's why I liked it.

I didn't think a show could make me 180 on my opinion of daughter-of-Bauer, but HE was that show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sleeveless posted:

Oh yeah, Powers came out in 2015 didn't it. Was that any good?

It wasn't great, but it was definitely not as bad as I was expecting. Better than Heroes Reborn anyway. Eddie Izzard does some good scenery chewing (literally) and there's another good actor in it but I can never remember his name.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Happy Endings is one of the best comedies of the decade

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

ABC actually did the smart thing by airing it out of order, because it paced things a bit better. They tried to get that show an audience at least, I don't know why it didn't gel with a mass audience who wanted a new Friends. I guess it was just a little too snarky, but that's why I liked it.

I didn't think a show could make me 180 on my opinion of daughter-of-Bauer, but HE was that show.

Alex and Dave's friendship jumps a bit because of it but it's not a big deal.

And he has the food truck before he buys the food truck but it's a sitcom so it doesn't matter much.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Did anyone else have the great displeasure of watching the horrible Shades of Blue. It's a USA show from 10 years ago.but with Jennifer Lawrence and Ray Lotta. Everyone else on the show has appeared on a USA show in the past 10 years.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I guess the Hunger Games doesn't pay as well as I thought.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

sbaldrick posted:

It's a USA show from 10 years ago.but with Jennifer Lawrence and Ray Lotta.

USA must be doing really well if they can afford the highest-paid actress in the world for one of their silly shows

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nah, it stars Jennifer Lopez.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Jenny had to go back to the block :(

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I just finished The Knick S2 and it's really incredible. Does anyone know if it's been renewed yet?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

I just finished The Knick S2 and it's really incredible. Does anyone know if it's been renewed yet?

No...Sepinwall was reporting that Clive Owen was telling people that the show was always intended to be a two season but Soderbergh is telling people he has a six season arc planned out so...:iiam:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/steven-soderbergh-says-more-the-knick-is-coming-reveals-rough-plan-for-season-3-beyond-20151221

Nothing is greenlit yet but they've ordered scripts and Soderbergh is seeking replacement directors.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Knick is the best.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, despite bad ratings CW kind of has to keep Crazy Ex-Girlfriend around for at least another season.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mr. Robot won best drama

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

Mr. Robot won best drama
The Golden Globes are bullshit, but Mr. Robot deserves all the awards.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I enjoyed Fargo quite a bit more. Wait, Fargo wasn't even nominated in the same category.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It didn't really have much competition tbh.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wow, Ridley Scott's The Martian won best comedy/musical. Who exactly are these foreign press people.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Wow, Ridley Scott's The Martian won best comedy/musical. Who exactly are these foreign press people.

Are you from the future? Quick, what's the winning powerball number!?!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Damon got best actor for it in musical/comedy, maybe crossed wires?

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh, don't ruin my dream!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Lady Gaga winning because she's Lady Gaga is still the most Golden Globes win of the night.

That or Ridley Scott directing the Best Comedy winner. Tough call.

• Locked thread