Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
There's a mod that gives all Railroad agents that Rebel outfit, which I thought fit their theme pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't know what pisses me off when I see it: Half-assed mods like that one that give everyone the best armor and weapons in the game or MY LITTLE loving PONY retextures and poo poo. I think the latter. Fallout Equestria literally makes me shake with anger that loving scumbag pedophiles have corrupted New Vegas. I honestly think MLP stuff infuriates me more than the bestiality rape impregnation stuff Loverslab puts out.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't mind adding it to them, but having a uniform for your secret group that is trying not to be spotted strikes me as... not productive.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Apoplexy posted:

Lever-action shotgun, right here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13860/ Only thing is that it's outdated because the author moved on to GUNSMITH EXTENDED, a mod that is a bunch of stupid poo poo bundled together. So just get this one gun-adding mod and be okay with it. Or merge your leveled lists manually.

Oh hey also this mod isn't a gun it's just an ammo swap :lol:

And the guy warns about it possibly causing CTDs and poo poo.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

ded posted:

Oh hey also this mod isn't a gun it's just an ammo swap :lol:

And the guy warns about it possibly causing CTDs and poo poo.

What an awesome mod

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Somebody made a standalone Colonel Autumn Enclave style greatcoat if any of you liked it from Fallout 3. You can craft it and upgrade it with armor weave!

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I love upgrading strongholds, making poo poo pretty, and watching it grow and evolve over time.

It's just that I was absolutely fine with the old days of 'Pay some NPC x amount of gold and come back 24 hours later to find new furnishings / workstations / quest starters' instead, as they cut out all the bitchwork and could be much more fully-featured. Rebuilding Sanctuary? Sure, I'm all for that poo poo - I just don't want to burn hours on doing it myself, and then have everything I did be purely aesthetic.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Backhand posted:

I love upgrading strongholds, making poo poo pretty, and watching it grow and evolve over time.

It's just that I was absolutely fine with the old days of 'Pay some NPC x amount of gold and come back 24 hours later to find new furnishings / workstations / quest starters' instead, as they cut out all the bitchwork and could be much more fully-featured. Rebuilding Sanctuary? Sure, I'm all for that poo poo - I just don't want to burn hours on doing it myself, and then have everything I did be purely aesthetic.

I'm interested to see if someone will eventually make a mod that lets you give the game control over how settlements look. There's some I love building up (Hangman's Alley, Red Rocket, Starlight Drive-In) and some I have creator's block or just hate (Sanctuary, any and all generic "farm" settlements). If I could relinquish creative control and just dump scrap into it and it automatically build up on its own, I'd be in heaven.

I also would love to see a mod made that lets you create custom "factions" with the ability to set hostility/friendliness and assign settlements to them. It's kind of my dream to be able to set up several small regional governments that perform border skirmishes or maybe straight-up attack and invade each other.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Settlements would engage me way more if you could actually fix up the lovely debris/long grass/poor drainage/whatever and add some paths/roads that look like they belong in the landscape.

If I can build giant concrete walls, I should at least be able to fix the roads and sidewalks in Sanctuary.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Surprised there isn't a mod where people haven't shoved all the skeletons in mass graves in recently repopulated/depopulated settlements because It's just getting weird. Like, you have time to live and settle in the New Salem diner but you can't be bothered to move the mouldering bones from your seats?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

As a skeleton owner, I'll say that human bones add to any décor.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Syndlig posted:

I'm interested to see if someone will eventually make a mod that lets you give the game control over how settlements look. There's some I love building up (Hangman's Alley, Red Rocket, Starlight Drive-In) and some I have creator's block or just hate (Sanctuary, any and all generic "farm" settlements). If I could relinquish creative control and just dump scrap into it and it automatically build up on its own, I'd be in heaven.

I also would love to see a mod made that lets you create custom "factions" with the ability to set hostility/friendliness and assign settlements to them. It's kind of my dream to be able to set up several small regional governments that perform border skirmishes or maybe straight-up attack and invade each other.

I agree. I do much better with the unique options with space constrictions than I do with any of the farms, or Sanctuary.

Red Rocket I turned into "Checkpoint Charlie" as the neon sign up front indicates, that is more or less a FOB with walls, guard posts, road checkpoints, and is a veritable fortress built under the roof overhang, with triage inside for wounded soldiers and power armor service stations. It protects the way into Sanctuary, where I built the Citadel (my massive crafting/storage building), and since I use max spawn War for the Commonwealth, actually serves some purpose and sees a lot of action.

But the generic farms? I basically just plop down an above ground bunker on each one armed to the teeth and they're all pretty much the same. Having beat the game several times, I do very much enjoy turning the Commonwealth into an insane warzone full of violence and using my settlements as secure ports in the storm...gives me a reason to play with them. I use Dont Call me Settler and a couple other mods that significantly beef up the armor and weapons of my settlers so they have a kind of mercenary army feel that I like. That's kind of my roleplay with it, anyway.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Not everyone is cool with breathing in skeleton.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Somebody made a standalone Colonel Autumn Enclave style greatcoat if any of you liked it from Fallout 3. You can craft it and upgrade it with armor weave!

That... isn't that just the Courser uniform dyed beige? That looks nowhere near as cool as Autumn's big doofy duffle-trenchcoat thing!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The_White_Crane posted:

That... isn't that just the Courser uniform dyed beige? That looks nowhere near as cool as Autumn's big doofy duffle-trenchcoat thing!

Your going to have to get used to squinting and pretending until models are less of a pain in the rear end to put in via the GECK.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Does anyone know if anyone has created a mod that adds a British Redcoat military uniform yet?

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Roadie posted:

Settlements would engage me way more if you could actually fix up the lovely debris/long grass/poor drainage/whatever and add some paths/roads that look like they belong in the landscape.

Long grass clipping through the floors of my lovingly crafted buildings is the worst. Even Scrap Everything won't let me scrap that grass!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bloodnose posted:

Long grass clipping through the floors of my lovingly crafted buildings is the worst. Even Scrap Everything won't let me scrap that grass!

Where's the lawnmower mod :argh:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

jadebullet posted:

Does anyone know if anyone has created a mod that adds a British Redcoat military uniform yet?

I don't know, but you can get a variety of lovingly crafted, high-res Nazi SS uniforms if you want! :unsmigghh:

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Bloodnose posted:

Concrete blocks as a height-boosting foundation under every building.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bloodnose posted:

Use foundations to make the building just high enough to mask them.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Did Bethsoft put the kibosh on custom music or is it just difficult to implement now

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Basic Chunnel posted:

Did Bethsoft put the kibosh on custom music or is it just difficult to implement now

For PC? There are a few mods that add in a much of music to the pre existing radio stations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

The_White_Crane posted:

Maxson's coat would be a much better base for Autumn's uniform than the Courser outfit.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Basic Chunnel posted:

afaik the only issue is PS4 music because it uses the usual Sony bullshit proprietary format that us plebs are not allowed to access. Xbox and PC work fine.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Hmm, are there any mods that let you skip the whole beginning escape sequence song and dance?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Basic Chunnel posted:

Hmm, are there any mods that let you skip the whole beginning escape sequence song and dance?

Save your game just before you exit the vault. When you want to start a new game, load that save, then use the option to edit your face / stats / name before you exist the vault.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I considered it, but itwouldn't really play nice with new mods, is the thing.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14253/

You can disable the new perks if you want. Vault Dweller, House Husband, and Housewife start you in Sanctuary. MOST mods with configuration items give them to you in a compatible way. I have War of the Commonwealth, Survival Options, Snap 'n Build, and Don't Call Me Settler all installed and they each give you your config item/holotape after you get the Pipboy or after you finish chargen.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
While I'm here: I need help. I have two character designs I'm considering, I can't decide between them. Note that I've never played FO4 before beyond Concord, so I literally have no idea how important settlement management or power armor or weapon modding are. Here are the designs:

Female, Hunter (+25% sneak ability; 25% faster movement whilst sneaking), sneaky ninja sniper who crits a lot. 3S 7P 5E 6C 3I 7A 9L. You're SPECIAL +1Per.

Male, Courier (+25% movement speed), scientist emphasizing melee in Power Armors. 10S 4P 7E 6C 9I 1A 3L. You're SPECIAL +1End.

Both account for the Perception Bobblehead being available really earlthy, so add +1 to the Perception score to both for perk consideration purposes. Some of the mods I have include Power Armor hardening via DT, Power Armor additional mod slot for having Nuclear Physicist, WotC will start with the easiest and add spawn points iteratively as I gain about 10 levels. Buncha Settlement crap. CROSS Cybernetics, Jetpacks, and PlasRail. AWKC and Armorsmith Extended. Unique Uniques. We Are The Minutemen, Raider Overhaul, Super Mutant Redux. Another Life and Survival Options. Carry Weight = 125 + Str x 25, no HC malus. Health = 150 + End x 15.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14253/

You can disable the new perks if you want. Vault Dweller, House Husband, and Housewife start you in Sanctuary. MOST mods with configuration items give them to you in a compatible way. I have War of the Commonwealth, Survival Options, Snap 'n Build, and Don't Call Me Settler all installed and they each give you your config item/holotape after you get the Pipboy or after you finish chargen.

Thanks!

Unfortunately it appears that Mod Organizer freaked out when I tried to use the autosorting feature and has erased all my mods (they're still there in the base folder, but MO doesn't recognize them). Hooray!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yyyyyyyyyyep, Mod Organizer for FO4 is really not in a great state right now. You gotta organize the mod list entirely by hand.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Hmm can anyone point out the obvious flaws in my load order then? This is just the order in which things were installed, apparently.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I installed LOOT standalone and then I run it from MO. Lets me fix everything just fine, then it crashes when I close out of it. Doesn't cause any issues though, my mod order is still shifted properly. Trying to use the built in LOOT client causes it to crash, forget my settings and refuse to launch unless I close out of MO.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

doesn't work, unfortunately. I can run LOOT independently but no matter what I do, trying to run it from MO throws a "parameters incorrect" error.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'm also receiving a lot of "row 11 is uncheckable" messages in the MO log but I don't know what that means and switching around mod order does nothing.

I have to say, if this is goons' preferred manager then NMM must be a real poo poo show

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Mod organizer had to be totally rebuilt to work with fallout 4 so it's a bit unfinished at the moment. Even so it's still heaps better than any other option. The mo2 beta 3 is fairly stable I've found.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I've never had any problems with NMM. The maximum number of mods I've had installed is probably around 40 or 50 though.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Because I am pretty hands on with modding, The NMM is what I use, the caveat is probably using dated mod profiles, manually cleaning out the data folder when A Bright Idea takes ahold of me,

Right now I am stealthing around with that crazy Russian Syringer mod, creating packs of bloatflies that I sometimes trim down to a couple, and following them around. active plugins is around 226 but I have merged a few together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I simply CANNOT understand having so many mods in this game, unless you really love both crazy weapons and armor.