Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

kloa posted:

I really just want the camera crew to follow Brad around all day and watch him fix stuff/shoot the poo poo :allears:

If you follow his Instagram he's constantly uh, what's the word, re-gramming? people that just genuinely enjoy seeing him and living their Brad life and it's pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

I can't quite figure out if the veiled contempt they have for Rappaport is real or not

The way he says “Bahn” Appetite while everyone else says Bone Apple Tea bugs me.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I can't quite figure out if the veiled contempt they have for Rappaport is real or not

Porque no los dos

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Wait, it's marasKino cherry?

Not maraSHino cherry?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Depends on how you personally pronounce "bruschetta."

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Democratic Pirate posted:

The way he says “Bahn” Appetite while everyone else says Bone Apple Tea bugs me.

Amiel does this in the beginning of his videos too but I give him a pass because Amiel fuckin' rules.

I think the contempt they have for Rapaport is real since he seems like a really slimy executive-type who thinks he knows everything about cooking (watch the "broccoli bolognese" video with him and Molly, who he has probably tried to sleep with) but doesn't know poo poo. I can't stand the dude, and I don't even work there.

Anyone else watching Just a Dash with Matty Matheson? It's some pretty abstract stuff, as far as cooking goes (especially the recent Shepherd's Pie one), and really showcases what a weirdo Matty is. His food doesn't even necessarily look all that great, but I still find it great fun to watch.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I feel nothing but pity for poor Chris having to decipher that laundry list of a recipe.

Also, endlessly lol at Brad confusing an avocado for a mango.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
After the horrible mess the jelly bean episode of Makes was, the wonderful kitchen wide ice cream party at the end of the Ben and Jerry’s ep made me smile uncontrollably.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

howe_sam posted:

I feel nothing but pity for poor Chris having to decipher that laundry list of a recipe.

Also, endlessly lol at Brad confusing an avocado for a mango.

I feel like they're burying Chris' while "super taster" rep by giving him these tacos and the trash can nachos. There's like a million ingredients and I can't imagine the best super taster in the world (Matt Murdock, if you're interested), would identify kiwi in salsa.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:eyepop: Goddamn. The number of ingredients for fukkin tacos. C'mon Roy Choi.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Casu Marzu posted:

He does that a lot. My favourite moment in the Chef show is when he’s making one thing (a sauce?) to put into another thing (another sauce?) and Favreau asks him if he could just combine them all at the start instead. Roy just completely shuts down for a couple of seconds like he’s never considered this.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

He does that a lot. My favourite moment in the Chef show is when he’s making one thing (a sauce?) to put into another thing (another sauce?) and Favreau asks him if he could just combine them all at the start instead. Roy just completely shuts down for a couple of seconds like he’s never considered this.

lol yeah. I love Chef show and hope there's more coming again.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The best part of Chef Show was when Gwyneth Paltrow didn't realize she was in a Spider-Man movie. Though to be fair those movies all kind of blend together.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Casu Marzu posted:

Olive oil AND canola oil screams at me that he had added one and then forgot about it and was like 'oh yeah and I need some oil' and grabbed a second one. And the poor ghost writer for his cookbook just didn't ask any questions because the tacos were already taking 2 hours longer than they should and just wanted to move on.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't know why I randomly thought of him, but do any Canadian goons of a certain age remember James Barber? He's so relaxing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXwxQihCjdY

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Oh yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayImIgdgLEI

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Has anyone ever seent this guy before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0TTjjoZoN0

It's so many levels of extra, but it's awesome.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Local artist made this and I’m kind of in love https://imgur.com/gallery/IDbhURd

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

dino. posted:

What the gently caress :stwoon:

Segue
May 23, 2007

dino. posted:

Love the Chef John reference. Classical Chinese cooking is complicated enough. I was not expecting 3D protein models as well. It's brilliant.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Stelio Kontos posted:

Local artist made this and I’m kind of in love https://imgur.com/gallery/IDbhURd

This is awesome. It almost looks like a Leuyen Pham drawing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The cabbage soup vid was like Alton Brown’s science bits of Good Eats turned up to 11.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Holy poo poo that cabbage soup recipe. I don't really eat meat stuff any more but I'd be happy to break my self imposed garbage to try that out, jesus christ. It's SO extra, and so loving delightful.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Whalley posted:

Holy poo poo that cabbage soup recipe. I don't really eat meat stuff any more but I'd be happy to break my self imposed garbage to try that out, jesus christ. It's SO extra, and so loving delightful.

i assume that was supposed to be "self imposed embargo" that got autocorrected, but "self imposed garbage" basically describes my lunch during the work week

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
Timestamped at the most important time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSy9NVdiLqw&t=380s

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Today's ba release shows us how raw Amiel likes his burgers in exquisite detail.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Well I've spent an exorbitant amount of time in the last week watching BA videos.

Now I need to get a dehydrator.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Budgie posted:

Today's ba release shows us how raw Amiel likes his burgers in exquisite detail.

I legit didn't think it was possible to get a medium rare smashburger but here we are.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Budgie posted:

That was honestly a bit much for me.

How are they going to get Claire after she's had a few easier episodes?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Does anyone else feel the Molly "Pro Chef Does X/Y/Z" solo videos are well... crap?

She just doesn't engage with me, and the over production with the mystery boxes and scavenger hunts is just silly/annoying compared to everyone else getting on camera and doing their thing.

edit: just to be clear, this content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRNoT_WEr8E

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah it sucks and tries to be too cute.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I don’t like them as much as the other stuff, but my gf does, I think because it’s less cooking focussed? It’s almost trying to be like Top Gear was to car shows.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Molly doesn’t have enough personality to carry content like that, she’s skilled and has a cute dog but I don’t want to see her... “act”

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I liked the Caviar ep! It was cute and informative.

Get Gabby her own segment, I love her. She also has a cute dog. But I understand if she doesn't want to be on camera full time, she's a busy lady.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I like the Molly stuff but I definitely don't watch them as closely as I do stuff like It's Alive, where I'm getting more practical info for my actual cooking. I'm not going to be making DIY dog food or buying top-shelf caviar any time soon so it really does ride on whether or not watching somebody do stuff I'm never going to do myself is entertaining enough on its own. I think Molly has a fun personality, bounces off the various challenges well, and has a cute dog, so I'm totally happy to watch these passively while I'm puttering around doing other stuff.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Molly is probably my least favorite host tbh. Everyone else feels authentic when they're cooking and talking.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Molly's own recipes are legit. I make her healthy-ish chia pudding a couple times a month and I've started putting in more turnips into my food because of her.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Matty Matheson is highbrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEQYWDw-1B8&t=984s

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Just have them make recipes that I might actually make, quit doing this weird clickbaity bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Just have them make recipes that I might actually make, quit doing this weird clickbaity bullshit

This, though I’d take a behind the scenes video of Amiel doing the voiceovers for one of his “every way to cook X” videos.