Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014
Got this on sale, figured I'd play with goons too or something I guess, @Chucharu is my id.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Alchemy and Provisioning are good for every character because the passives increase the duration of food, drink and potions.

Only get the crafting passives that send you mats once a day on one character per account. Getting these passives on multiple characters won't get more shipments.

If you're going to level the crafting lines (woodworking, clothing, blacksmithing) I recommend doing them all on the same character so you don't need to learn styles more than once.

Edit: I was wrong sorry

bradybunch fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 27, 2016

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

OK Playing this now, no idea what im doing, but i stole some poo poo and im helping people that got turned into skeevers and finding runestones because i want to be an enchanter :D

please invite, @dromalphrenia

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

OK Playing this now, no idea what im doing, but i stole some poo poo and im helping people that got turned into skeevers and finding runestones because i want to be an enchanter :D

please invite, @dromalphrenia

I don't know what I am doing either. Just following all of the quest markers until I get lost and don't know how to progress any further.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

bradybunch posted:

Only get the crafting passives that send you mats once a day on one character per account. Getting these passives on multiple characters won't get more shipments.

Incorrect! All your toons get them, but only if you log onto them. So all of us "get mail" by logging out and in on each at least once a day.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Oh really? That's awesome, thanks :)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You have to log onto each character daily (or twice a day if you bought all three levels of that skill) to get mats.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

bradybunch posted:

Oh really? That's awesome, thanks :)

Mildly time consuming, but a godsend with the crafting bag especially.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The ONE time I did not want a Sharpened weapon.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Looking for a guild invite for @EdisonCarter

Got my magicka templar up to level 20. I really like this game but the skill system/hotbar stuff doesn't sit right with me. Why would I want to pick weapon skills over class skills to put on my hotbar, especially if everyone gets them? Is it just to round out skills/attacks/heals your class doesn't have? I guess I ask because so far my templar just drops backlash/vampire's bane on any non-boss mob and they melt after a further one or two hits of puncturing sweep.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It seems like the Black Friday deal did a lot to bring in a flood of new players. As I have been playing, the zones are jam packed with players.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Bruteman posted:

Got my magicka templar up to level 20. I really like this game but the skill system/hotbar stuff doesn't sit right with me. Why would I want to pick weapon skills over class skills to put on my hotbar, especially if everyone gets them? Is it just to round out skills/attacks/heals your class doesn't have? I guess I ask because so far my templar just drops backlash/vampire's bane on any non-boss mob and they melt after a further one or two hits of puncturing sweep.

In a word, "Flurry"

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Bruteman posted:

Options can be pretty swell. Like, let's say you wanted a Templar who didn't spam jabs. A stamina build could use weapon skills to provide buffs, regen, shields, cc, you name it. And a magicka build could do the same. There are absolutely MAX DEEPS optimal builds, but unless you have the same kind of brain problems as Scyantific you don't have to force yourself to conform to them at all. Everything is viable and as fun as you make it for casual play.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

NeurosisHead posted:

Options can be pretty swell. Like, let's say you wanted a Templar who didn't spam jabs. A stamina build could use weapon skills to provide buffs, regen, shields, cc, you name it. And a magicka build could do the same. There are absolutely MAX DEEPS optimal builds, but unless you have the same kind of brain problems as Scyantific you don't have to force yourself to conform to them at all. Everything is viable and as fun as you make it for casual play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having options, and it's obvious a lot are provided. My gripe with the skills setup is less about any given build's viability or comparative utility of a weapon or class skill and more about how frustrating it is to have a bunch of active skills to choose from but you can only use five plus an ultimate at any given time.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

I said come in! posted:

It seems like the Black Friday deal did a lot to bring in a flood of new players. As I have been playing, the zones are jam packed with players.

Yea, it almost reminds me of closed beta:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh right just a heads up I'm @Weedgoku or something like that. I'm in a friend's guild but if anyone wants to be buddies or something that's cool. I barely know what I'm doing and keep getting wrecked by guards for stealing and murdering livestock.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Up to five guilds simultaneously, odds are that you have at least one free.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

GuyUpNorth posted:

Up to five guilds simultaneously, odds are that you have at least one free.

Oh, I assumed you could only be in one like every other. If you can be in multiple then shoot me an invite or whatever and I'll accept next time I play, I'm only in one right now.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'd appreciate an invite whenever anyone is free.

@Tipitaka

Frozenfries
Nov 1, 2012
Would love an invite @Frozencry

Mate who co-ops with me and is well into it too if that's ok! @rebelwithcause. We're both comfy players exploring comfy places.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Would also like an invite for my dumb giant Iguana @Randwandler

eric4563
Oct 23, 2005
I would like an invite too please when someone has the time. @eric4563.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Bruteman posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having options, and it's obvious a lot are provided. My gripe with the skills setup is less about any given build's viability or comparative utility of a weapon or class skill and more about how frustrating it is to have a bunch of active skills to choose from but you can only use five plus an ultimate at any given time.

that is one of my gripes too - the 5 skills per weapon or 10 total. feels like a console design. 5 on a bar is terrible on PC

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Any EU goons about? How bad is the lag on the American Servers? Playable?

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Bruteman posted:

I miss those nearly unlimited skill bars from rift. Still, the stam skills from the dw line won't do you any good on a magplar. I hear there's a stamina morph for sweeps, but I wouldn't know because a great man (Ennuid) once told me, "friends don't let friends stamplar."

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

sluggo is mad posted:

I miss those nearly unlimited skill bars from rift. Still, the stam skills from the dw line won't do you any good on a magplar. I hear there's a stamina morph for sweeps, but I wouldn't know because a great man (Ennuid) once told me, "friends don't let friends stamplar."

News at 11: Stamplar's are God,

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

"Elemental Storm can now be Morphed"

:getin::getin::getin:

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

This looks dope and it being on sale is super tempting, but there are a few questions first...

1) Can I Play Pretty Princess? Fantasy dressup is extremely important to me.

2) If I buy the base game on steam (:10bux: right now) can I still get the DLC cheaply if I decide I like the game, or is the only option to buy the Gold Edition from the getgo?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sixto Lezcano posted:

This looks dope and it being on sale is super tempting, but there are a few questions first...

1) Can I Play Pretty Princess? Fantasy dressup is extremely important to me.

2) If I buy the base game on steam (:10bux: right now) can I still get the DLC cheaply if I decide I like the game, or is the only option to buy the Gold Edition from the getgo?

1. yes

2. crowns should still be on sale, pick up a 5500 pack for 25 bucks and get the first 4 dlcs, or drop 30 bucks and get the game + first 4 dlc and a mount and pet.

Scyantific posted:

"Elemental Storm can now be Morphed"

:getin::getin::getin:
To follow up on this, I charged into a group with my lizard and promptly melted everyone. I counted about 8-9 rage whispers calling me a "eye of potato spamming human being."

Feels good man :pcgaming:

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Okay, Born Against destro staff runs, who's carrying me through pledges?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Also intrigued by the Steam Sale. How is the lag to US servers from Europe? And how is PVP, as that's mostly what I play for in games anymore.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Saki posted:

Any EU goons about? How bad is the lag on the American Servers? Playable?

It is completely playable unless your connection really sucks rear end. For some reason the ingame display shows a fairly high latency too but I rarely have problems.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

sluggo is mad posted:

Okay, Born Against destro staff runs, who's carrying me through pledges?

Don't even need that, just queue as a healer for random normals, then make sure you have the staff equipped and on your current bar when you kill the last boss and boom, 100k xp (150k with a scroll/potion).

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

sluggo is mad posted:

I'm not using DW skills though? I think someone after me was joking and mentioned one as something a Templar would use.

Puncturing Strikes can be morphed into Biting Jabs, which I guess is stamina-based? I took the other morph (sweep).

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

sluggo is mad posted:

I think I was using the same Magplar guide linked in the OP, and from my limited understanding as a newbie, we do early leveling with the 1st DW skill (the long DOT) on the bar, because eventually we want the Level 41 passive.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Devor posted:

I think I was using the same Magplar guide linked in the OP, and from my limited understanding as a newbie, we do early leveling with the 1st DW skill (the long DOT) on the bar, because eventually we want the Level 41 passive.

No, you do not want to use any skills from the Dual Wield line. You're only using dual swords for the passive.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Scyantific posted:

No, you do not want to use any skills from the Dual Wield line. You're only using dual swords for the passive.

You would still want to have a skill on your bar to drive some more experience into the tree, just like the destro staff part of the guide.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

You would still want to have a skill on your bar to drive some more experience into the tree, just like the destro staff part of the guide.

Having the two swords drives experience into the skill line. At earlier levels dual swords are more beneficial for the damage output over staves.

E: That is to say, you'll be using dual swords to start with, and having the destro staff skill on your bar also provides experience to the destro staff skill line.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 28, 2016

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I had thought that the experience was divided seven ways between the six equipped skills and the equipped weapon. Did it maybe used to be that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

I had thought that the experience was divided seven ways between the six equipped skills and the equipped weapon. Did it maybe used to be that way?

No. If you have a certain weapon equipped that gets the full amount of experience on kills/xp gains. Skills on each bar only gain a smaller percentage of the total xp for that particular skill line. The skills themselves get the full xp amount.