Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I bought LBP 3 when it was about $5 and regret it. Awful controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Outside of its deep commitment to memes, Not A Hero is a solid PSN pseudo puzzle action game.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I bought LBP 3 when it was about $5 and regret it. Awful controls.
IIRC, both of the prior games were pretty soupy in that respect as well. I still haven't gotten around to playing 2 when I got it free on PS+.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I like LBP3, but I already own it. i suppose it had to happen to me sooner or later

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I was looking at LBP3 for $20 a year back so I guess I'm glad I waited. At least it'll be another couple platformer for the gf and I.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

play rayman again instead imo.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

This is great as I got LBP3 with my PS4 and my brother has been asking me for it to give to his kids so now I can without ever worrying.

(I was going to anyway I just hadn't got round to it)

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Jamesman posted:

Where exactly do I go to get a nice, clear listing of what new updates are being added to the store each week?
Well, if you want a list of what all free things have been added, there's this blog.

And if you're wanting a full list of everything new this week, there's this store page.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So that Namco Anime sale is apparently just week 1.

Also, The Last Guardian has received a permanent price drop of 33% rounded off, both on PSN and at retail (although some retail stores haven't updated their pricing yet).

This makes the new price for the game 8 weeks after release $39.99USD/$49.99CAD/34.99/29.99.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

univbee posted:

So that Namco Anime sale is apparently just week 1.

Also, The Last Guardian has received a permanent price drop of 33% rounded off, both on PSN and at retail (although some retail stores haven't updated their pricing yet).

This makes the new price for the game 8 weeks after release $39.99USD/$49.99CAD/34.99/29.99.

Whoa I may buy that this weekend

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drat it must have flopped hard. I bought it for 40 retail in early January.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Week one of a multi week anime sale?

Sony :wtc:

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Sony understands that anime is good.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

you literally have an anime as your avatar

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That's a whole lot of stuff I'm not going to buy

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

you literally have an anime as your avatar

:yikes:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RBA Starblade posted:

That's a whole lot of stuff I'm not going to buy

Same, because I own most of it already

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

when does anime week 2 start, asking for a friend

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

probably after anime week 1

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

when does anime week 2 start, asking for a friend

It starts on the 2nd week, friend.

Tuesday mid-day

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

U-DO Burger posted:

probably after anime week 1

Actually there's going to be 16 filler weeks and then a timeskip to week 520

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Actually there's going to be 16 filler weeks and then a timeskip to week 520

I wish I didn't get this joke.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Platinum Demo of FF15 will be pulled on March 31st, oh no.

The proper PS4 Pro patch for the game along with some other additional content (although I think still no unfucked Chapter 13) is landing on February 21st.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

The Platinum Demo of FF15 will be pulled on March 31st, oh no.
It's PT all over again! How will I name my Carbuncle if I don't have the Platinum Demo! Why am I shouting!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The platinum demo was a loving embarrassment and put me off the game when I played it. I'm gonna get it eventually after the stuff I've read here but what the gently caress where they thinking releasing that for public consumption.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The Platinum Demo was a neat tech demo for tech that didn't make it into the full game

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What is/was it? I haven't played it nor the full game so I have no idea what the demo consists of or what these differences are.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What is/was it? I haven't played it nor the full game so I have no idea what the demo consists of or what these differences are.

It was literally just a tech demo.

Here's a corridor where a massive monster flies overhead, here's a switch to change the time of day or weather effects, here's an area with fake magic with a bunch of particle effects, here's a place to attack monsters that cannot hurt you, here's a button that transforms you into a car or a monster which isn't a mechanic in the game, etc.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also you get to name a summon that you never see in the main game if you don't choose easy mode.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I wish they would release the Duscae demo for everyone. I've alwaya wanted to get a feel for how the battle system changed since then.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Renoistic posted:

I wish they would release the Duscae demo for everyone. I've alwaya wanted to get a feel for how the battle system changed since then.

As I recall, there's an accessory you can get in the full game that basically just makes it play somewhat like the demo (where you switch weapons automatically), it's not a terribly big deal.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
Looks like FIFA 2017 is on sale right now for $30. I've been thinking about getting a good soccer game to play against my brother (we currently do nightly NHL17 games) but I'm not sure if I should grab this or if I'd be better of with PES2017.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

drat it must have flopped hard. I bought it for 40 retail in early January.

i think it was a limited print cause it was sold out a lot of places after launch and since its not really replayable they probably need to make the digital version competitive with used copies?

I can't imagine the game was a major piece of their earnings outlook or anything

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The platinum demo was a loving embarrassment and put me off the game when I played it. I'm gonna get it eventually after the stuff I've read here but what the gently caress where they thinking releasing that for public consumption.

wait until late march when the first big revision of the campaign is out

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

buy it when you feel like the chapter people are pissed about is chapter 13 which is pretty loving far into the game

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
SAO is really bad right? As an anime and as a game.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
What is a good choice for my friends and I to play golf online together with? We used to mess around on Tiger Woods with custom characters some years back.
There are a couple of golf games available, just looking for the most casual.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wait for the new Everybody's Golf imo

Though we haven't heard anything of that for a while...

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I hear this anime sale is happening because of a rumoured anime ban by Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Wait for the new Everybody's Golf imo

Though we haven't heard anything of that for a while...

They've been saying coming soon for 3 years now....

irlZaphod posted:

I hear this anime sale is happening because of a rumoured anime ban by Trump

Not my president!