Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Somberbrero posted:

A flare...gun?!

poo poo, I've been rumbled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Actually, mmm, now that I've reread it, the whole "I'm sacrificing my personal wincon" thing with CirclMastr reads weirder than I thought. I had assumed it was some special additional wincon but it's... not? Or at least that's not what Circl is saying.

Like, do you win alongside town but have a personal condition as well? Do you not win if you don't achieve your win condition? And if that's the case why would you vote me?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Like I'm just now realizing how weird this whole self-sacrificial "I'm abandoning my personal wincon to help town by voting this person" play is and it's making me think about this again.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I am town-aligned, if town wins then I win.

If I have 3 unique items, I am considered to have won, I am removed from the game, and town vs. scum goes on.

I'm happy to vote for Alehkhs instead, I just want to be clear that I am not going to bail on town winning, because as it stands if we're both alive tonight I could steal from you, win, and also have scum win if we don't lynch a scum today.

This also means that I could have come into today by explaining this and going "Hey scum, vote with me and we can force a no-lunch and we all win, gently caress the town."

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm pretty sure what you're describing is "3rd party" and not "town with additional wincon", especially if you can somehow win with scum while also being town-aligned :psyduck:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##vote CirclMastr

I legitimately don't actually believe you're town the way you phrased that.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Monathin posted:

I'm pretty sure what you're describing is "3rd party" and not "town with additional wincon", especially if you can somehow win with scum while also being town-aligned :psyduck:

I am describing it as best I can without quoting my role PM. In my limited experience, third party wins don't let the game continue; if you lynch a Jester, the Jester wins, game over.

I am just trying to be as open and honest as possible about my role as well as my intentions. If you read that as scummy, well, gently caress me I guess. But if we lose because you're second-guessing the mod, I will be pissed and just post the PM because town loses anyway.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

3Ps can absolutely achieve their own win condition and leave the game and have it continue.

I'm not second-guessing the mod, i'm second-guessing your claim and wondering if you aren't scum who got caught up in an overly-elaborate fakeclaim, especially given the 'psuedo-3P' angle.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't know what to tell you, then. My role is what it is, my actions are what they are, and I've done my best to lay out my intentions as plainly as possible.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Monathin (2): Alehkhs, CirclMastr
CirclMastr (2): SalTheBard, Monathin
Alehkhs (0): Monathin, Monathin

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, Somberbrero

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 19th, 2019 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 17 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well poo poo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote CirclMastr

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmmm

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well, here goes.

##vote CirclMastr

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye CirclMastr!

Votecount for Day 4

CirclMastr (4): SalTheBard, Monathin, Hal Incandenza, Somberbrero
Monathin (2): Alehkhs, CirclMastr
Alehkhs (0): Monathin, Monathin

Not Voting (0):

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 19th, 2019 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 54 minutes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:negative:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It's my own loving fault for being honest I guess.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
DAY 4

quote:

The young man kicked and screamed as the others forced him to the ground. He shouldn't have trusted them, but no good deed goes unpunished. The slender man took the stolen gun from his waistbelt, apologized, and finished him, while the dancer in the sky howled with with laughter.

Sam Natatok, the Town/Self Aligned Thief, played by Circlemaster, was lynched Day 4
---Each night, you may ##Steal [player]. If that player has any useful items, you steal them.
---You count as town for purposes of win conditions. You win if there is at least one town player alive and all mafia players are dead. Alternatively, if at any time you own three different useful items, you immediately win and exit the game, though the game does not end.

NIGHT 4

quote:

The others were dragged from their tents during the night, and found themselves bound before they could even discern what was going on. The chubby woman and the slender man pulled them out onto the ice, where It waited. The creature was skeletally skinny but taller than a man, with a belly round and gouged with malnutrition or, from the blood and gristle lining its mouth, flesh. The slender man stepped back, and watched the creature nervously, until it nodded. Despite the terror in his gut, relief flooded over him. He was free, of everything but the guilt. He looked over to the plump woman, whos face was paralyzed with indecision. She licked her lips. The slender man begged her to flee with him, but she stepped forward. The feast was too great a temptation, even though she would be the next on the menu when it ended. The slender man ran, and never looked back.

The net morning, beaten and exhausted, he stumbled into Twin Rivers. He collapsed in the street, but found his fall broken. He looked up at the kind soul, and saw the face of the woman they had left behind the first day. He could see it in her eyes: the Wendigo had made a bargain with her. The same bargain that he had, that had led him to this. The monster would feed again...

Evee Chiklak, a Town Vanilla, played by Hal, was endgamed Night 4
---You have no power but your posts and your vote
---You win if there is at least one town player alive and all mafia players are dead.

Tom Lyons, a Town Vanilla, played by Alehkhs, was endgamed Night 4
---You have no power but your posts and your vote
---You win if there is at least one town player alive and all mafia players are dead.

Jacob Coffey, the Town Tracker, played by Sal, was endgamed Night 4
---Each night, you may ##Track [player]. You will receive confirmation of who the target visits during that night, if anybody.

Scum Win

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks for playing everyone! The full setup is here, and I'm in the process of giving everyone access to the full game long in the discord.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hi, i'm tremendously sorry to everyone for my low-effort posting throughout the game. the thread was very very quiet and i was nervous about speaking up lest i draw unwelcome attention.

fool, this setup was so cool! i thought it was highly innovative and engaging. the interplay between roles was fantastic and you did a great job with the flavor. thank you so much for running the game!

circle, i'm really sorry.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Here are the surviving scum blurbs by the way

Stephanie Anderson, the Mafia Publisher, played by Fisk then Monathin, died in a cannibalistic feast Night 4
---Three times during the game, but no more than once per day, you may send an ##Alert [message] to the mod in order to post an anonymous message to the thread.
---Each night, you may ##Give [non-mafia player] to grant them a flare, granting that player a one use ##Alert power. The identity of any flare users will be revealed to you when the message is posted. The ‘non-mafia only’ requirement of this power IS NOT revealed upon your death flip.

Mike Friesen, the Mafia ‘Mason’ Recruiter, played by Somberbrero, escaped his servitude to the wendigo and lived out the rest of his life somewhere much warmer
---You have access to Radiochat. You may speak in radiochat at any time. Each night, you may ##Recruit [player] to give them a radio that allows them to access radiochat. Radiochat persists after your death, though no new players may be recruited to it.
---You must use your ##Recruit power on night 0.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Oh drat Somber good play! I thought you were town!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Good job scum, should have stuck with my first instinct and not got wrapped up in actions. I had low key suspicion of Somber that was building up but all too late

Good game fool!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The general idea going into this design is that the mafia toolkit is based entirely around giving letting town trick themselves into incorrect conclusions. The purpose of the publisher role in particular was as a pseudo rolecop, who could A) use their own supply of flares to fake night results and force people to claim, and B) give flares to people they think had powers, and get them to reveal themselves by using the flares. The thief was just a little element of chaos. Also the death of the town governor day 1 was not ust fluff, like the mafia roleblocker. It was also there to give the backup something to do if no power roles died for the first couple nights,

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So did Gulag have two guns N1 or what?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Role Rolls:

Day 0:
---NPC #1 dies
Night 0:
---Somber gives Epsilon a radio
---JFisk gives Hal a flare
---Doll gives Ixt a gun
---NPC #2 dies

Entering day 1, the item inventory is as follows: Epsilon (radio), Hal (flare x1), Ixt (gun x1)

Day 1:
---Epsilon is lynched

Night 1:
---imgay imprisons hal [Result: Successful]
---circlemaster steals from Doll [Result: Gun stolen]
---Somber recruits sal [Result: Successful]
---Fisk kills Solus [Result: Successful]
---Doll gives a gun to Sal [Result: Successful]
---Humalong backs up Epsilon, becoming a gunsmith, then searches Doll [Result: Positive]
---Solus analyzes AA [Result: Failure, Dead.]
---Sal tracks Humalong [Result: Doll]

Entering day 2, the item inventory is as follows: Sal (radio, gun x1), Hal (flare x1), Ixt (gun x1), CirclMaster (gun x1)

Day 2:
---Fisk uses his first flare
---Hal uses his flare
---Humalong is lynched

Night 2:
---imgay imprisons somber [Result: Successful]
---CircleMaster steals from Sal [Result: Gun and Radio stolen]
---fisk kills ixt [Result: Success]
---somber recruits doll [Result: Failure, blocked by imgay and dead]
---sal kills dolls [Result: Failure, blocked by gun loss]
---ixt kills dolls [Result: Success]

Entering day 3, the item inventory is as follows: CircleMaster (gun x2, radio - inactive)

Day 3:
---Circle activates his radio
---No lynch

Night 3:
---imgay jails hal [result: success]
---circle kills AA [result: success]
---somber kills imgay [result: success]
---sal tracks hal [result: failure]

Entering Day 4, the item inventory is as follows: CircleMaster (gun, radio)

Day 4:
---Circlemaster is lynched

Night 4:
---Any kill leads to endgame, scum wins!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

So did Gulag have two guns N1 or what?

All the scum had item giving powers that also, for purposes of the thief only, counted as having unlimited of their own item.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I wasn't lying about not having the time to back read or my sleep schedule, for the record. I played the entirety of that last bit in a sleep deprived haze, and was super sure I was toast. Sorry Circl!

Sorry for not being very good as a late replacement, but I think I did ok. :shobon:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Very cool setup. Thanks for the game, fool.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
somber I trusted u :(

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
also I really liked the theming for the game! it was cool how you had each flip as "X played by Y"; normally flavor in games is kind of whatever for me but reading the day/night results was really nice

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

somber I trusted u :(

Oh did you mister 'somber was going to be my first investigation target'? I didn't even kill you, it was your dumb friends!

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Thanks for the game, Fool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Good game all, thanks fool