Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GIVE US MARCO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Let's loving go

Uchikoshi has been pretty consistent about working on games and releasing them 2-3 years apart, and AI2 was June 2022. We are definitely in the window for reveals about whatever he's going to be doing next. Could be AI3, could be anything, I'd still be hype about it.

Maybe time for a celebratory replay of AI1

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
Yeah, I'm down for whatever Uchikoshi wants to put out next, and hell, June 2022 sounds like they could announce it and reveal it's out in a couple months.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/inkopolis/status/1773217297752010908

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Please less QTEs and either commit to a new cast (Bibi can still come) or let the characters actually talk about the other games

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Please let Mizuki live a happy life

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/peachgoosy/status/1647010851985977344?t=oBAmSbnL49_l7hogHIog8g&s=19

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lmao someone reasoned out that the tweet was posted 3/28/2024 at 1:11 PM JST. The digital root of all of that is 6, which is an important number in AITSF.

But if you use a 24 hour clock, it was posted on 3/28/2024 at 13:11

And the digital root of that...

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
He can't keep getting away with it!

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Nate RFB posted:

He can't keep getting away with it!

Yes he can. And he will

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Need a new Danganronpa game

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!

Waffleman_ posted:

Please less QTEs and either commit to a new cast (Bibi can still come) or let the characters actually talk about the other games

10000% make those previous games mandatory, trying to make it "work" with skipping the first one was nothing but a detriment to 2.

more QTEs, tho.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like, I think the idea was the publisher wanted it to be approachable to new players in Japan since the original game sold like poo poo (due to the violence earning it a CERO Z rating, which kept it from a lot of store shelves) but come on. Just make it standalone then.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

The violence was the best part of 1, though.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
False alarm, the director of the games QRT'd a question about it saying that it was just a joke tweet :sigh:

https://twitter.com/akrokada/status/1773550012061888783

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Zyxyz posted:

False alarm, the director of the games QRT'd a question about it saying that it was just a joke tweet :sigh:

https://twitter.com/akrokada/status/1773550012061888783

It's all your fault :argh:

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010
I just finished AI2 and feel very conflicted about it. I hated everything about the last part of the game, and mizukis shocking revelations were dumb (even though I like bibi) and the tonal clash between a cult ideological society driving people to suicide in the dozens and the weightless combat where nobody gets hurt just didn’t work. That said, I loved the cast, especially komeji (which my phone autocorrected to loneliness of all things).

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

AI2 is a game about doing backflips, QTEs and an author desperately trying to make the player think they are extremely intelligent but also they didn't want to put any effort into making a plot that functions or makes sense

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You know how the ending of the first game was a tense situation with a really fun villain and a lot of wild revelations?

What if it was a 10 minute QTE DBZ fight against a bunch of nobodies while a man who's been dead for years taunts you on a screen

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i cant remember anything about the murder twist anymore so it cant be good :(

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

it rules, actually

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

The “twist” with the murders was basically just a facet of the main twist of the game; there never WAS a twist in the way the game makes you think there must be where the spliced bodies are being found seven years apart but perfectly preserved, it’s just that 90% of the story is being told in a way to make you think that.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
im mad again

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

It's okay, this google doc is a full summary of the game, to help remind you :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13AFHtSZc-UYr8h9l5KgYbsiLime9F5qr/edit

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wink Psync was such an underbaked mechanic

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

The “twist” with the murders was basically just a facet of the main twist of the game; there never WAS a twist in the way the game makes you think there must be where the spliced bodies are being found seven years apart but perfectly preserved, it’s just that 90% of the story is being told in a way to make you think that.

The worst part of the twist is how much they had to stifle any sense of growth in 6 years for the twist to work. Ryuki was corrupted by a virus so he was in the same mindset as he was six years ago. Date had to lose his memory for the entire time so the time skip was like two days for him and so he didn’t change at all. Mizuki was entirely rewritten so they could force in an identical twin with the exact same personality. Like why did they even bother with a time skip if they weren’t going to meaningfully use it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The game would have instantly been better if either it was allowed to reference the original in a way that couldn't be cut out in a no spoiler mode or if it was completely standalone

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Uchikoshi games are always built around some central twist, with the rest of the narrative, characters, etc. being written primarily to facilitate the twist. All other considerations are a distant second.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

Wink Psync was such an underbaked mechanic

forget wink synching, what the gently caress was the deal with reverse synching?

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Uchikoshi games are always built around some central twist, with the rest of the narrative, characters, etc. being written primarily to facilitate the twist. All other considerations are a distant second.

You'd think he'd be better at it by now

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
2 is an amazing parlor trick, but I hope the next one is way more like 1.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm really sad that for the big twist in Nirvana Initiative to work, Mizuki has to go ANOTHER seven years not having a dad, after just coming to accept dorkass adopted dad Date...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

I think that mostly worked really well in the first game since the characters, the setting and even the core gameplay were all designed to facilitate the high-concept twist in a way that made it satisfying to uncover. But he then had to contort those same things around to facilitate a completely different high-concept twist in the sequel and it wasn't as good.