Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

El P playing hometown babyface, giving away shirts to kids, chanting the town's name and then leading a chant for Okada. Then the cut to Okada's :what: face was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Okada seething lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God Okada is in such a pissy mood :perfect:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Okada is real mean so far this g1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Okada is real mean so far this g1

Yeah, ain't it great.

Not a question. A statement.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OH MY GOD THAT NEARFALL!

Edit: El P you lunatic!

Edit Edit: The Tombstone reversal!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 18, 2023

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Fantastic effort from elp..

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

great match!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

5 - 3 for the night, seems like A and B block are where I'm kinda mostly sorta okay in my predictions, and C & D block are killing me.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Very excited for okada v taichi

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Narita is now officially the highest points scorer of the Reiwa 3 Musketeers!

Also undefeated! UNDEFEATED! UNDEFEATED!

Oh, and if we're very lucky, we might get Eddie on commentary

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looks like Twitter is preventing non-registered users from looking at it again so can't make use of the translations. I assume Okada is saying,"Glad I won, but does anybody know where I can get one of those machines only young people can hear so I can scare them off?"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Catching up with today's show. Let's go Okada/SANADA/Ospreay/Narita/Taichi/Hikuleo/KENTA and... Chase over Kaito??? What the gently caress was I thinking? :gonk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jesus gently caress Hikuleo just murdered Gabe with that powerslam :gonk:

bartok
May 10, 2006

I was really hoping ELP was going to pull off the upset but I'm impressed by the timing on that kickout from Okada.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh god Chase on comms :gonk:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Just now starting with night 1... Holy hell that Narita/Umino match was wonderful

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
ELP playing Okada's chest like a drum :laugh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
5-3 for the night, my best result yet :woop:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And yeah, they're 1000% doing the Reiwa boys all go to time with each other, so hope no-one picked Tsuji over Shota or vice versa!

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Sanada giving shota a lot

I thought so too, and it was done in a really nice way that protected, sort of, everyone. Shota got a lot in on him, and Sanada was absolutely selling the moves, but long term it just wasn't taking it out of Sanada, and he could pull out the win. As though he could just withstand Shota's offense, still at a "junior" level, but give Shota some more experience and it'll do damage. It also sets up a longer match.

And that "no long term impact over the course of a fight" is something I'm usually really annoyed about. When you have guys who "appear" gassed after seven or eight minutes in one fight, and then go for 30+ minutes in another and still look strong. And there's just no way, short of coming back from injury or fighting an ironman the weeks before, that some of these wrestlers would look so shagged after just a few minutes.

The opposite goes for Eddie, who can go and go, but equally 100% pull off looking like he's been through a war within three minutes.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

6-2 for the night, still waiting for the other shoe to drop and the math decides to utterly screw me

First half of the show is extremely skippable, I quite enjoyed Kaito/Chase but the other three matches were just kinda there. Sucks to see Tanga so rusty when he was a real fun hoss a couple of years ago when the BC wastemen decided to be good all of a sudden.

Picked up with Tsuji/Ren, really digging what they're doing with the V3 Musketeers matches, and had a good laugh at Shooters Goldberg entrance

Chase sucks out loud on commentary though, every so often there's something relevant but it's so few and far between sandbagging Kevin

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I like how the Musketeers are bottom of their block

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Come on G1, hurry up!

Edit: Born in the Ring is growing on me but it's no Max the Max :colbert:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I'm very sick but zsj/fujita has made me laugh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wow, Zack looks great!

Edit: Alternates match! :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Got that one wrong because I assumed we'd get one of those perfect ZSJ tantrums, but that was a delightful farce!

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Kevin Kelly solo commentary feels kind of sparse

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Kayfabe or not, I appreciate the reasoning he provided of allowing potential guest commentators the chance to rest and recuperate after their matches

All the more reason Chris should be there full-time

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Dr. Dirt posted:

Kevin Kelly solo commentary feels kind of sparse

It's pretty bad hopefully as business improves they can get him some other people.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's pretty bad hopefully as business improves they can get him some other people.

He stated earlier that they won't be having any other wrestlers do double-duty by doing commentary on the same night they wrestle, so it won't be until they return to Tokyo and Charlton is back that the solo shows stop and morale improves.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's very impressive Coughlin..... Cobb is still STRONK!er.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

He stated earlier that they won't be having any other wrestlers do double-duty by doing commentary on the same night they wrestle, so it won't be until they return to Tokyo and Charlton is back that the solo shows stop and morale improves.

I mean fly other commentators in. I think Chris actually does work for njpw full time but obviously has other duties. So hire a colour commentator to work with Kevin

Coughlin is an absolute beast

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Finish was a bit abrupt but that was pretty good otherwise, fine showcase of strength for Coughlin

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cobb gave Coughlin a lot and then killed him. Good man that Cobb.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Time for Eddie to put HoT in the ground, hell yeah

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Tuning in to see an EVIL entrance :smith:

Tuning in to see an Eddie Kingston entrance :unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonna pray that EVIL decides gently caress it and goes back to his hoss roots against Eddie instead of his usual HoT bullshit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God bless you, Eddie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
sigh